Wikiposts

the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:00 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
hi everyone just popped in to say hi, we applied in september and acknowledged the 11 sept, wonder how much longer we have to wait. I saw someone said they were number 30 in line how do they find that out??
We are off on saturday to brisbane for a month to see daughter and grandchildren. Oh its exciting, but this waiting is a nightmare.
hi, going off other timelines, i would say that you should hear something about mid may to mid june. have you sent off your police checks yet, or had/booked your medicals? if not, i would send off for your police checks nowish, or certainly in the next week or so. hope you hear something soon. the good thing about this website is that you can see when other people are hearing about their visa, and so can gauge when you should hear something. obviously not everybodys application goes in order (ours didnt ), but on a whole, it seems to.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:01 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nico
This thread is really going strong now, and it's great to hear of so many of us taking the plunge even at our advanced age...

The AoS bond has been lodged now and my agent has emailed POPC to ask (nicely) if there's any chance of them granting the visa before I leave on May 13th for 2 weeks in Oz. Sounds as if it will be tight for time, though, from what other people have said here. Oh well, I can while away the time I don't spend chewing my nails by some more creative list-writing. Time so far since application, about 49 weeks, but lost a lot of time with the assurance problem.

All the best to everyone on here, we know it's going to be worth it, don't we??

Nico
oohhh nico, i think they will grant it before you go (if they are very very nice people ). fingers crossed you will hear something soon.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi, going off other timelines, i would say that you should hear something about mid may to mid june. have you sent off your police checks yet, or had/booked your medicals? if not, i would send off for your police checks nowish, or certainly in the next week or so. hope you hear something soon. the good thing about this website is that you can see when other people are hearing about their visa, and so can gauge when you should hear something. obviously not everybodys application goes in order (ours didnt ), but on a whole, it seems to.
Hi We got in touch with the agent last week as we though we might have heard about getting a co by now but he says he thinks it will be another 5 weeks yet going by others he is working on.but to book our meds so we have booked them for the 29th May with the hope that we might have heard by then as there seems to be a waiting time of 4 weeks to get an app. for a medical I had really set myself up to get a letter about our co at the end of April now there is another 5 more weeks to wait what a moan I am sorry its like a carrot on the end of a stick for a donkey.House goes up for sale on Monday so fingers crossed that sells.I am sure my hair is getting whiter every day Jan
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
hi everyone just popped in to say hi, we applied in september and acknowledged the 11 sept, wonder how much longer we have to wait. I saw someone said they were number 30 in line how do they find that out??
We are off on saturday to brisbane for a month to see daughter and grandchildren. Oh its exciting, but this waiting is a nightmare.
Hi you go into imi.gov.au and then go into migrents and then just go into the parents visa and so on.They then ask for date so you would put in 11thsept 2006.and it should come up. I have tried it a few times and it keeps coming up 30.So I am not sure if it really works but worth a try. Have a wonderful holiday in Brisbane with your family.Take care Jan
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

ditto to jim on this katie. great news, have a really good mothers day BBQ
Thanks to Jim also for his reply.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point

My parents (who are both 67) want to emigrate to Australia, however there is an eleven year waiting list. They have difficulty affording the contributory parent visa, could anybody give me any information regarding the aged parent subclass 804 visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Poolman
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:51 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poolman
My parents (who are both 67) want to emigrate to Australia, however there is an eleven year waiting list. They have difficulty affording the contributory parent visa, could anybody give me any information regarding the aged parent subclass 804 visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Poolman
Hi

Could I suggest you check out the DIAC site - possibly it is still www.immi.gov.au - under Migration for Family members - the eligibility etc for the 804 visa class is given there.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:57 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Poolman,

Note the need to be onshore when applying for the grant of an Aged Parent visa ...

Best regards.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

ragtag,

As a guide, this week I have received requests for medicals and police certificates (plus the Assurance of Support letter) for 143 applications that were submitted to the POPC on 16/06/2006.

Best regards.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

thankyou for your replies Jim and Alan
I have been in australia 2 years this june and am about to sponsor my parents on a contributory parent visa but the total cost is around $75,000 dollars. I have met someone in a similar situation and they say that their parents have come to oz on a visitors visa and applied for a subclass 804 and have been given a bridging visa until the permanent visa comes through.
The 804 visa only costs a fraction of the price so I'm thinking there may be some disadvantages with this visa compared to the cp visa, because this visa seems too good to be true in comparison, your thoughts on this would be very welcome
thanks Poolman
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:36 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
ragtag,

As a guide, this week I have received requests for medicals and police certificates (plus the Assurance of Support letter) for 143 applications that were submitted to the POPC on 16/06/2006.

Best regards.
.......thats slowed down then alan?! i think i will keep that bit of info from mum/dad
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:37 pm
Migration Agent

1. You should not travel to Australia on a visitor visa with the known intention of applying for a permanent residency visa onshore.

2. Applicants have to satisfy the medical requirements at the time of visa grant - which could place all affected in a particularly unwelcome position several years hence if the medical examination is failed and all (or most) ties with the former country have been severed.

Best regards.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:38 pm
Migration Agent

That has been a typical processing timeline for subclass number 143 visas for the last few months at least ...

Best regards.

.......thats slowed down then alan?! i think i will keep that bit of info from mum/dad
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply Alan,
I can see what you mean re: the medicals, we will need to look more into it.
Poolman
Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

The advantage of the contributary parent visa is of course that it is processed faster than the normal parent visa or aged parent visa for which I understand there are long waiting lists (several years I think). I am not sure if this still applies if you are onshore when you make your application. Does anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.