the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by CASPER99
Thanks, I think it is a brave thing to, and was quite surprised when I mentioned it to my parents that they actually said they just want to be where we are.

We are all going for a reccie, and would all like us to love it. I just worry that if we decide to go, how I am going to cope without my parents for 6 months out of the year while they wait for their visa, and what happens if something should happen in between time. ( we are hoping to get a 6 month visa initially, maybe try for 12 if we can) then if they go back to uk for 6 months , then back to oz for 6 months, then hopefully apply for visa. I just hope it is not too much stress for them selling their house, leaving other family and friends etc, that is why this reccie is so impportant to all of us so they can see if they actually could live there.

Have your parents been to oz? Could they see themselves living there? Or are they purely just coming to be close to you?

thanks
they have been twice, and previously NZ before that (when other brother lived there, before he moved to australia). they have always said that they couldnt live in NZ, but could see themselves living in australia. so, fingers crossed, they will be joining us. i cant wait
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
fantastic news. have you managed to sort out the medicals yet? has it asked you for the Assurance of Support to be sorted out as well?

congratulations. the fun part now begins. after waiting for what seems like an eternity, the rest seems to go at a gallop (or it did to us )
Thanks Sleeping Beauty. Medical and Chest Xray now sorted out for end of May.

I have sent the AOS letter to my son in Sydney for him to deal with.

Can I send other stuff asked for in CO's letter (Completed Form 80, Police check, certified copy of passport bio-data pages) before the Medical things or does it all have to go about the same time?

There is a bit in the CO's letter saying they don't have the resources to acknowledge receipt of docs or answer telephone enquiries regarding receipt of documents.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Averina, So interested to hear of your experiences, it must have been very annoying for you. We have already started with an agent so we shall keep keep an eye on him. What is the silver pouch system? I assume it is some type of postal or courier service. We are planning to go to Perth but we have a son in Melbourne also so it will be a difficult decision, but at least we will be in the same country not 12,000 miles away.
Alan & Barb
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Casper 99
We have applied for a CPV as both of our kids are in OZ. We are 62 & 61 years and can sympathise with the feelings your parents have about leaving the UK, it's like everything you feel safe with that which is familiar to you. It is very scary but we have thought if all else fails we can always come back. Once your parents have visited OZ and seen what a great country it is they will feel better and look forward to the change.
Alan & Barb
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody else submitted and are waiting, or about to submit?
Hiya,

We sent our application off end of March, 2007 and so far have heard nothing! Our son has been in Perth now for 2 years and cant wait to join him. We have a daughter over here, but she too would like to live in Perth!

It seems to be taking such a long time, which is so frustrating when you have finally made your mind up to go!

Mick & Bev

Last edited by Mick-Bev; Apr 10th 2007 at 8:50 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
Thanks Sleeping Beauty. Medical and Chest Xray now sorted out for end of May.

I have sent the AOS letter to my son in Sydney for him to deal with.

Can I send other stuff asked for in CO's letter (Completed Form 80, Police check, certified copy of passport bio-data pages) before the Medical things or does it all have to go about the same time?

There is a bit in the CO's letter saying they don't have the resources to acknowledge receipt of docs or answer telephone enquiries regarding receipt of documents.
well the medical things go off straight from the panel doctors, so you can do one of two things. send everything else off yourself, but make sure that your reference number is on EVERY sheet of paperwork. or, contact your panel doctor and ask can it all go together when they send your stuff.

are you getting excited now
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:49 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev
Hiya,

We sent our application off end of March, 2007 and so far have heard nothing! Our son has been in Perth now for 2 years and cant wait to join him. We have a daughter over here, but she too would like to live in Perth!

It seems to be taking such a long time, which is so frustrating when you have finally made your mind up to go!

Mick & Bev
welcome to BE mick and bev. i would have thought that an acknowledgement is on its merry way to you now. are you using an agent, or going it alone? if you are using an agent, the acknowledgement (receipt of paperwork with your specific reference number on it) will go to them. at least on this site, everyone can use other peoples experiences as a yardstick for time scales.

any questions, ask away.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:20 am
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
Hi Averina, So interested to hear of your experiences, it must have been very annoying for you. We have already started with an agent so we shall keep keep an eye on him. What is the silver pouch system? I assume it is some type of postal or courier service. We are planning to go to Perth but we have a son in Melbourne also so it will be a difficult decision, but at least we will be in the same country not 12,000 miles away.
Alan & Barb
Hi Alan & Barbara
The Silver Pouch is bought at the Post Office around £4.50 each, you buy 2, one to send off your passports, copy of grant letter & covering letter giving all your details, lodgement ref no, address, tel no's, email address, the other one you self address for the return of your passports with visa enclosed, before you seal the outer one make sure you write down the serial number of the one inside so you can track it if necessary then you take the whole lot to the post office over the counter not through a post box, they then stamp the outer one and give you the receipt from off the front which also has a serial number for you to track, we posted ours Monday morning and received it all back on the Thursday, it's a brilliant service and well worth the cost. We were restricted to time as we flew back to the UK just to get the visa, my husband had a job to start and we just wanted to get back here ASAP as we had nothing to keep us in the UK for any length of time. If you need any advice just email me privately, good luck to you both.
Averina
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to BE mick and bev. i would have thought that an acknowledgement is on its merry way to you now. are you using an agent, or going it alone? if you are using an agent, the acknowledgement (receipt of paperwork with your specific reference number on it) will go to them. at least on this site, everyone can use other peoples experiences as a yardstick for time scales.

any questions, ask away.
Hi Sleeping Beauty,

Thanks for your quick reply. Its nice to share this waiting time with others in the same boat.
Good news, we received our acknowledgement today with our reference number. We 'went it' alone as we felt we had quite a straight forward application and our son advised us to do this too!
We are concerned about the 'capping' situation. Does anyone know the start date for this year, please?
Marc submitted our applications as we left them with him on a visit in Jan '07. He asked about the time scale and was told 14 months at this time! Its a long wait, but we are sure it is worth it!

Mick and Bev
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:56 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev
Hi Sleeping Beauty,

Thanks for your quick reply. Its nice to share this waiting time with others in the same boat.
Good news, we received our acknowledgement today with our reference number. We 'went it' alone as we felt we had quite a straight forward application and our son advised us to do this too!
We are concerned about the 'capping' situation. Does anyone know the start date for this year, please?
Marc submitted our applications as we left them with him on a visit in Jan '07. He asked about the time scale and was told 14 months at this time! Its a long wait, but we are sure it is worth it!

Mick and Bev
yay, an acknowledgment!!! now the waiting begins for you. 14 months sounds about right, although some have been done in less, and obviously some take longer. i think you can shave off a month if you time your police checks/medicals to be done just before they are requested, ie about 8 and half to 9 months after adknowldgement. hope you wait isnt too painful
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:31 pm
annebob st andrews

bobanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you all know we have been granted our visa. Sent the passports off to London on Tuesday and received them back today.
So that was almost 15 months from start to finish, we could probably have done it in 14 months but I had a Health Undertaking from to sign and that had to be sent from Australia, and also, we had problems getting our Saudi Police Clearances translated. Now just got to organise flights, etc for our validation trip.

I believe the new visa year if visas are capped starts on July 1

Anne
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:00 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by bobanne
Just to let you all know we have been granted our visa. Sent the passports off to London on Tuesday and received them back today.
So that was almost 15 months from start to finish, we could probably have done it in 14 months but I had a Health Undertaking from to sign and that had to be sent from Australia, and also, we had problems getting our Saudi Police Clearances translated. Now just got to organise flights, etc for our validation trip.

Anne
wheyhey anne......brilliant news...the first visa grant on this thread

well done. get those validation flights booked.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Anne

Congratulations, very pleased for you.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Anne
Great news I bet you are so excited. Jan
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Anne
Many congratulations to you. As Sleeping Beauty has said, you are the first to be granted on this thread, so here is hoping for a few more. Well Done.

Linda and John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.