the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
you should be hearing pretty soon, i would have of thought?! it is about 9 months, or thereabouts, so medicals/pccs/aos should be asked for soon. have you sent off for the police checks, or had the medicals yet?
How strange, after waiting all this time the letter came today giving me a Case Officer and requesting meds and Police check. Just like Sleeping Beauty said it would (about 9 and a half months wait).
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
How strange, after waiting all this time the letter came today giving me a Case Officer and requesting meds and Police check. Just like Sleeping Beauty said it would (about 9 and a half months wait).
fantastic news. have you managed to sort out the medicals yet? has it asked you for the Assurance of Support to be sorted out as well?

congratulations. the fun part now begins. after waiting for what seems like an eternity, the rest seems to go at a gallop (or it did to us )
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Well done it must be a great feeling getting that letter ,ours was the middle of july so hopefully we might hear something back by the end of april thats when I will panic cant make up our minds when to put the house up for sale etc still its all exciting.Its nice to have somebody who is roughly at the same stage as ourselves.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news, now it must seem REAL. Good luck with the meds etc. We are at the start having applied in feb 07 but hopefully time will go quickly.
Alan & Barb
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

hi jane, how long have they been in australia for?
did their 173 visa take some months to be granted?
when you do that, change from a 173 to a 143, i presume it wont be the same time scale as a normal 143 visa would take, as a lot of the same ground is covered. surely you wouldnt have to do it agin?
Hi SB,

We all applied in Feb 06, however, Mum & Dad didn't get their visa until the last minute...... it was a nightmare at the time. My sister who is also based in Melbourne spoke to the CO and he told her to get me to send my parents passport off to Australia House and by the time they arrived their computer would tell them the visas has been granted. I sent them off special delivery on the Tuesday to arrive Wednesday and called Oz Hse Thursday (am) and got the passports back Friday........... we all left for Oz the following Tuesday(13th Feb 07) and arrived on the 15th Feb. it was all very tight.

In answer to your other question, I think that when applying for a 143 onshore, they may get processed a little quicker, but i'm not 100% sure on that......maybe someone else can clarify!

I'll keep you posted of progress.....

Cheers
Jane
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ragtag
Well done it must be a great feeling getting that letter ,ours was the middle of july so hopefully we might hear something back by the end of april thats when I will panic cant make up our minds when to put the house up for sale etc still its all exciting.Its nice to have somebody who is roughly at the same stage as ourselves.
Thanks. You must let Sleeping Beauty predict when you might hear! It was the next day for me.

Have now booked Medicals. Already got Police check back.
Hope you do hear this month.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:43 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

my opinion, for what is worth, is put the house on the market now (that what i have also told my parents, who have now decided to do this). ours took 12 months to sell, my sisters the first buyer??!! however, most house sales take about 8-12 weeks to go through. you can always try to drag it out a little longer as well. there is nothing worse than you sat there, with a visa burning hole in your pocket, willing your house to seel so you can get on with your lives. if you are near the end of the wait, put it on the market. start clearing out now and get the estate agents in - do something positive. believe me, the end part goes rather quickly and you dont have time to f@#t my parents are willing to go into rented, if needs be, something i never thought i would hear them say. they just dont want to delay things any longer. mind you, saying that, if they got a buyer, they would crap themselves probably
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:45 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Hi SB,

We all applied in Feb 06, however, Mum & Dad didn't get their visa until the last minute...... it was a nightmare at the time. My sister who is also based in Melbourne spoke to the CO and he told her to get me to send my parents passport off to Australia House and by the time they arrived their computer would tell them the visas has been granted. I sent them off special delivery on the Tuesday to arrive Wednesday and called Oz Hse Thursday (am) and got the passports back Friday........... we all left for Oz the following Tuesday(13th Feb 07) and arrived on the 15th Feb. it was all very tight.

In answer to your other question, I think that when applying for a 143 onshore, they may get processed a little quicker, but i'm not 100% sure on that......maybe someone else can clarify!

I'll keep you posted of progress.....

Cheers
Jane
thanks for that jane. blimey, that little scenario kept you all on your toes, didnt it?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:46 pm
Never going back

Thanks. You must let Sleeping Beauty predict when you might hear! It was the next day for me.

Have now booked Medicals. Already got Police check back.
Hope you do hear this month.
when are your meds booked for? let us know how you get on, will you please. fingers crossed for you, i know you are worried about them.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

my opinion, for what is worth, is put the house on the market now (that what i have also told my parents, who have now decided to do this). ours took 12 months to sell, my sisters the first buyer??!! however, most house sales take about 8-12 weeks to go through. you can always try to drag it out a little longer as well. there is nothing worse than you sat there, with a visa burning hole in your pocket, willing your house to seel so you can get on with your lives. if you are near the end of the wait, put it on the market. start clearing out now and get the estate agents in - do something positive. believe me, the end part goes rather quickly and you dont have time to f@#t my parents are willing to go into rented, if needs be, something i never thought i would hear them say. they just dont want to delay things any longer. mind you, saying that, if they got a buyer, they would crap themselves probably
Hi I think thats good advice my only worry was the flat downstairs want up for sale 2 weeks ago and sold within a week i know thats good news but i keep thinking what happens if the medicals fail we are both in good health and have regular check ups on everything but you can never tell do you know what the could fail you on.Still i agree my son and family were the same it all went very quickly at the end .We have got some of our belongings in storage just now had to to get the house in order for selling and we are doing the last of the decorating so i think we bite the bullit and put it up for sale after easter.I am getting excited now only hope this letter comes soon . Thanks Jan
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:46 am
Never going back

Hi I think thats good advice my only worry was the flat downstairs want up for sale 2 weeks ago and sold within a week i know thats good news but i keep thinking what happens if the medicals fail we are both in good health and have regular check ups on everything but you can never tell do you know what the could fail you on.Still i agree my son and family were the same it all went very quickly at the end .We have got some of our belongings in storage just now had to to get the house in order for selling and we are doing the last of the decorating so i think we bite the bullit and put it up for sale after easter.I am getting excited now only hope this letter comes soon . Thanks Jan
jan, you sound just like my mum and dad ......do what my parents have done. they too meet all the criteria, the only thing what could stand in their way is the medicals. they have both got high blood pressure, although dad's hasnt been high for some years now, and mum has high colesterol (although i dont know why, she eats good). i told them to go to the doctors every month and get things checked out, and make a note of their BP etc. so they went and bought a book to note everything down. they have told their doctor (who has been their doctor for more years than i can remember), of their plans. dad has even had a chest x-ray, which came back okay. mum is going to ask for one as well, once her cold has gone. they are both having mini-medicals in preparation for their medical with the panel doctors. i know its not the answer, but at least it alleviates some anxiety.

ps.......get the house on the market - think positive xx
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Hello, just adding my bit, as I was on the first thread and am still hanging around, having some problems with my AoS but hoping they will be sorted out before the time limit expires. I applied in May 06, with meds and police checks front-loaded, so the meds have already expired. All seems to be taking for ever and sometimes I'm desperate to be out of here, as I'm leaving my partner behind and the longer this drags on the worse I feel, even though it's the right thing to do. Have a son in Melbourne and daughter in Sydney, and hoping the youngest will come out once he has enough work experience to qualify himself. It's great to chat to other parents going through this, stops me feeling I'm mad to be doing this alone.

Nico
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:51 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Nico
Hello, just adding my bit, as I was on the first thread and am still hanging around, having some problems with my AoS but hoping they will be sorted out before the time limit expires. I applied in May 06, with meds and police checks front-loaded, so the meds have already expired. All seems to be taking for ever and sometimes I'm desperate to be out of here, as I'm leaving my partner behind and the longer this drags on the worse I feel, even though it's the right thing to do. Have a son in Melbourne and daughter in Sydney, and hoping the youngest will come out once he has enough work experience to qualify himself. It's great to chat to other parents going through this, stops me feeling I'm mad to be doing this alone.

Nico
yay nico........how are you? i wonder if there are are more left on the other thread that havent got their visa yet?

will you have to retake your medicals?
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

jan, you sound just like my mum and dad ......do what my parents have done. they too meet all the criteria, the only thing what could stand in their way is the medicals. they have both got high blood pressure, although dad's hasnt been high for some years now, and mum has high colesterol (although i dont know why, she eats good). i told them to go to the doctors every month and get things checked out, and make a note of their BP etc. so they went and bought a book to note everything down. they have told their doctor (who has been their doctor for more years than i can remember), of their plans. dad has even had a chest x-ray, which came back okay. mum is going to ask for one as well, once her cold has gone. they are both having mini-medicals in preparation for their medical with the panel doctors. i know its not the answer, but at least it alleviates some anxiety.

ps.......get the house on the market - think positive xx
When did your mum and apply?I think the whole process would give you high blood presure even if you did not have it before .Still its all worth it in the end just to be near your family and also for the lifestyle and weather.Thanks Jan
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:20 am
Never going back

When did your mum and apply?I think the whole process would give you high blood presure even if you did not have it before .Still its all worth it in the end just to be near your family and also for the lifestyle and weather.Thanks Jan
sent endish of november, acknowledged early december. so i reckon they should hear something about august/september time. i have said to them to send off their police checks early/mid august and get their medicals booked for about end august.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.