the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:46 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by DerekM
Dont forget the financial Sponsors have to be approved (blimey I'm forgetting the terminology already!) and their bond deposited! But all being well with that and the second visa payment what can stop the visa being issued other than the quota being full for the year?
.....okay, a new new thread has been started as this is getting faaaarrrr toooooo looonnnnggggg. the link is.......
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...09#post5190509

please add on your details if i have missed off your name (i started at the beginning and at the end, but got fed up trawling through the thread )

...........see y all on the new thread
xx
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Jim your never quiet
Janet
Hi Janet

Don't know if you remember me but.........We have arrived in Oz and in search of our paradise and are struggling to find that perfect place. Been up and down the coast and thinking of returning to Tweeds to try and rent. Reading your Mail you have moved a couple of times have you any tips/stories.
Best Wishes
Linda
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:55 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deci
Hi Janet

Don't know if you remember me but.........We have arrived in Oz and in search of our paradise and are struggling to find that perfect place. Been up and down the coast and thinking of returning to Tweeds to try and rent. Reading your Mail you have moved a couple of times have you any tips/stories.
Best Wishes
Linda
hi linda, sorry to hear you have been unable to find your 'spot'. i need to point you in the right direction of the latest CPV thread, see post above. try posting this on there.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deci
Hi Janet

Best Wishes
Linda
Hi Lindahave pmd you
Janet
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

johnandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
as far as I know about 12 to 15 months, we applied septeber 06 and have just been allocated a case officer
Dear Molly,
I have been following your story with interest as you are about 1 year ahead of us. Congratulations on getting there - you deserve it for all those posts!
However, there's one point I would like you to clear up. In a recent reply you said that you applied in Sept 06. but originally you said that you sent off the application to your agent in June. Perhaps you could tell us the date your application was acknowledged, as I think that would clear up the doubts in my mind.
Thanks
John and Lisa
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

hi there sorry if i confused you. We applied in september 06 we did our medicals and police checks in june 07. we had booked our flights for mid november but as we lived on a scottish island they could not get visa to us before we left, so we came to oz on a tourist visa for 3 months because we knew by then we were being granted visa, and now we have come over to new zealand for one week to pick up our visa as you have to be out of australia, i do understand that all c.p.v. have been halted at present so do not know if you may have to wait longer.
what part of oz are you going too, please e mail me so we can keep in touch you should get it in my persnal zone, click my name.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Donna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
okay, for those that have done this, i think we may have convinced mum/dad to put their house on the market and possibly move over here before their visa is issued (once they have had their medicals/police checks etc), and once their house is sold of course. now, this may take some months, as we all know. but, if lady fortune is on their side and they sell their house and come over, on what visitors visa do they come over on and how do they get it? they would then validate the visa in NZ as frayne did. they have had pre-medicals done at their doctors and x-rays, so their health situation looks fine and dandy, they meet the criteria okay (3 out of 4 children in australia), so, fingers crossed there shouldnt be any problems.

i have also posted this in the other parent visa thread.
Hi we are on are retirement visa 410 but only have one sibling living in Oz, and we are here at the mo, they told us we can get a bridging visa if ours runs out, all the paper work is going through.

We discussed with a case officer your situation for a friend of ours, they gave us he impression that once your here its easier, you can get an extention. Its sounds to me that its the best way to go, the greater amount of family is here, there should not be any probs.

We live on the Gold Coast and feel like we have won the lottery, Good Luck x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:51 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Donna Selby
Hi we are on are retirement visa 410 but only have one sibling living in Oz, and we are here at the mo, they told us we can get a bridging visa if ours runs out, all the paper work is going through.

We discussed with a case officer your situation for a friend of ours, they gave us he impression that once your here its easier, you can get an extention. Its sounds to me that its the best way to go, the greater amount of family is here, there should not be any probs.

We live on the Gold Coast and feel like we have won the lottery, Good Luck x
thanks for that. how's the weather down there today? it's roasting joasting here!!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Donna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really niceDonna Selby is just really nice

thanks for that. how's the weather down there today? it's roasting joasting here!!!
30 humid, raining on and off, but its always beautiful all year round weather. 10 mins from every beach.

Where do you live if its roasting it carn't be England?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:54 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Donna Selby
30 humid, raining on and off, but its always beautiful all year round weather. 10 mins from every beach.

Where do you live if its roasting it carn't be England?
just north of newcastle, NSW, port stephens to be exact.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:36 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

just north of newcastle, NSW, port stephens to be exact.
Hello M

Hope you're well and waiting for the weather to break?

Got the old thread running again as well now then - that should be confusing for the "waiters"

'bout time DIAC/POPC got themselves sorted re the CPVs eh ?

Jim
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:57 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello M

Hope you're well and waiting for the weather to break?

Got the old thread running again as well now then - that should be confusing for the "waiters"

'bout time DIAC/POPC got themselves sorted re the CPVs eh ?

Jim
twasn't me, jim ma' lad i was just being polite replying...............
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:53 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

twasn't me, jim ma' lad i was just being polite replying...............
Hiya

Yes - I realised that - should be interesting though !

Jim
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Callaway105 is on a distinguished road

Could someone tell me the standard of health that is required for aged parents. My father is not sick but is not particularly bouncy! He's on blood pressure tablets and pain killers and has a few issues that may be brought up. My mother has osteoporosis. Will this scarper their chances of passing a medical?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, there is a new thread (the all new sparkley contributory parent visa thread) if you post on there I am sure someone will answer your question as they are all going through the process at the moment, good luck
Janet