the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:43 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
ugh........every man and his dog have been shopping today jim, nothing else to do. yesterday was good though, even though it was meant to be raining. we managed a few hours oin the beach in the afternoon.

how have you been keeping?
Fine, thanks..... as is the weather so far today.... and will hopefully stay this way for some tennis this afternoon.

Had a good 5 days in Mudgee last week - including golf and a wineries visit

We have a Central Coast meet again this Friday evening and some are coming down from further north I believe. Its still too far for you I reckon - perhaps we'll get organised for that way in due course.

Jim
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

anybody else submitted and are waiting, or about to submit?
I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Mum & Dad are here on a contrib temp 173 visa and I'm about to get going filling in the paperwork for their perm 143 visa.......

Cheers
Jane
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:27 pm
annebob st andrews

bobanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sleeping Beauty
Thanks for your welcome. Our son and his wife live in Brisbane (no grandchildren yet) so we will be heading out to that area. We are looking at Buderim at the moment. We also have a daughter in Chester who is thinking about emigrating too so are looking at moving out there next year.
The Health Undertaking wasn`t any great problem it just means that I have to phone up the appropriate health dept when we go out to validate. It doesn`t affect the visa at all.
Anne
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi All,

My Mum & Dads application was sent off in June 06. Had acknowledgement a few weeks later and nothing since. They have not sent PC's or medicals, waiting for them to be requested.

Anyone have any ideas on when we might hear anything???

Thanks guys
My 143 application went in middle of June 2006. Was acknowledged fairly soon but have not heard anything since. No Case Officer or request for Medicals or Police check yet.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

..well, the other one was sssoooooo long, that i thought i would set up a new one. congratulations to all those who have got their visa's on the other thread

this one is more for those people who have submitted/about to submit their PCV, so we can all see where we are all up to, time wise.

i will start..............

mum/dads application, sent end of november, acknowledged beginning of december. they havent submitted anything else (meds/pccs), and are still unsure on whether to frontload these at some point. they are looking at about august/september before they hear anything (going off the latest timelines).

please add your details/you parents details on, so we can see who is due to hear something next
We applied on 16th Feb 07 received acknowledgement 23rd March 07. Now the long wait. We have aSon in Melbourne and a Daughter in Perth
Alan & Barb
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:52 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Mum & Dad are here on a contrib temp 173 visa and I'm about to get going filling in the paperwork for their perm 143 visa.......

Cheers
Jane
hi jane, how long have they been in australia for?
did their 173 visa take some months to be granted?
when you do that, change from a 173 to a 143, i presume it wont be the same time scale as a normal 143 visa would take, as a lot of the same ground is covered. surely you wouldnt have to do it agin?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
My 143 application went in middle of June 2006. Was acknowledged fairly soon but have not heard anything since. No Case Officer or request for Medicals or Police check yet.
you should be hearing pretty soon, i would have of thought?! it is about 9 months, or thereabouts, so medicals/pccs/aos should be asked for soon. have you sent off for the police checks, or had the medicals yet?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:56 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hi everyone

I hope you dont mind me asking some questions, but this seems a great thread to get the right info, as you lot are already doing it.

is it usual for people to apply for a temporary contributory visa and then apply for perm when out there?
we are applying to oz on 136 modl and my parents are always saying they would like to follow us and although I would love for them to share our dream, I was just wondering how long the whole process takes.
is it better to use an agent (we are using go matilda) what pitfalls are there, if any, and how long do you have to be a permanent resident in oz before your parents can apply?
I really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me. hope I haven't gone off on a tangent, but I thought you would be the best people to ask
thanks becky
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:57 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
We applied on 16th Feb 07 received acknowledgement 23rd March 07. Now the long wait. We have aSon in Melbourne and a Daughter in Perth
Alan & Barb
you know, when i saw your post, i thought it was my mum and dad who had registered, because that is their names!

welcome to Bitish Expats, and i hope you wait is a short one
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:59 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi everyone

I hope you dont mind me asking some questions, but this seems a great thread to get the right info, as you lot are already doing it.

is it usual for people to apply for a temporary contributory visa and then apply for perm when out there?
we are applying to oz on 136 modl and my parents are always saying they would like to follow us and although I would love for them to share our dream, I was just wondering how long the whole process takes.
is it better to use an agent (we are using go matilda) what pitfalls are there, if any, and how long do you have to be a permanent resident in oz before your parents can apply?
I really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me. hope I haven't gone off on a tangent, but I thought you would be the best people to ask
thanks becky
hi becky.

first of all, does your parents meet the balance of family test? ie, how many children do they have (inc step children), and how many live in australia out of that number?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:01 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hi becky.

first of all, does your parents meet the balance of family test? ie, how many children do they have (inc step children), and how many live in australia out of that number?

I will be living in australia (fingers crossed) my brother will remain in the uk for the time being, but he also hopes to join us at some point in time.
so 1 will be in oz
becky
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone

thanks becky
HI Becky we came over on a contributory visa in november we have one son in England and one over here ,our son had to be a perminant residant for 2years before we could apply,our visa application took 12 months I think it is taking a bit longer at the moment,best wishes
Janet
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

you should be hearing pretty soon, i would have of thought?! it is about 9 months, or thereabouts, so medicals/pccs/aos should be asked for soon. have you sent off for the police checks, or had the medicals yet?
Thanks Sleeping Beauty. I have had the Police check done but not medicals yet as I am diabetic and not sure exactly what they will want.

Hope that won't prevent me getting a visa as I have a son, daughter-in-law and three grandchildren in Mount Colah, Nr Sydney, and a further grandchild due mid-June! Would love to be with them all.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:05 pm
egghead4+becky

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
HI Becky we came over on a contributory visa in november we have one son in England and one over here ,our son had to be a perminant residant for 2years before we could apply,our visa application took 12 months I think it is taking a bit longer at the moment,best wishes
Janet
thanks janet

how was the wait for you, did you find it difficult and in the meantime did you spend a lot of time in oz?
2 years seems such a long time doesn't it. did it fly by for you and how are you finding your new life in oz?
my parents really relish the idea of following us, but they would be leaving behind my brother, so they keep having second thoughts. how hard is it to make that decision? I only ask, as I don't want to add to the pressure.
any feedback would be great
thanks becky
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

thanks janet

how was the wait for you, did you find it difficult and in the meantime did you spend a lot of time in oz?
2 years seems such a long time doesn't it. did it fly by for you and how are you finding your new life in oz?
my parents really relish the idea of following us, but they would be leaving behind my brother, so they keep having second thoughts. how hard is it to make that decision? I only ask, as I don't want to add to the pressure.
any feedback would be great
thanks becky
Hi Becky
At the time everything seemed to take forever, when we started it was taking 6-9months then went up to 12 months we needed to be here at the end of October as our son was getting married we hoped the visa would be issued by then but took the decision to come out on a 3 month tourist visa then when the cpv was issued we went to New Zealand for 5 days and got the visa you cant be in Australia when the visa is issued,I do miss my son in England but we talk on the phone we use skype so it is very cheap we also have web cam,I hope he might make the move as well as the last remaining relative it should be easy for him.
We didnt sell our house in the UK wanted to make sure we had made the right decision,we have now put it on the market,we are renting at the moment so still a bit unsettled but hopefully when we get our own place things will be ok,we are going to be grandparents in August for the first time so over the moon about that,your parents will have doubts we did all the time not sure if we were doing the right thing its only natural,if I can be of any help please ask,better stop now before i bore you silly bye for now.
Janet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.