the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Migg to Bris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
..well, the other one was sssoooooo long, that i thought i would set up a new one. congratulations to all those who have got their visa's on the other thread

this one is more for those people who have submitted/about to submit their PCV, so we can all see where we are all up to, time wise.

i will start..............

mum/dads application, sent end of november, acknowledged beginning of december. they havent submitted anything else (meds/pccs), and are still unsure on whether to frontload these at some point. they are looking at about august/september before they hear anything (going off the latest timelines).

please add your details/you parents details on, so we can see who is due to hear something next
Hello question from a newby -- how many out of the 5 children do my mother and father have to have in oz for the contributory parent visa
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Does anyone know if there are disadvantages to going to Oz to begin with on a temporary CPV as opposed to the permanent one? I undertand that the Medicare rights are not the same for the temporary as for the permanent one?
Are there any other disadvantages?
Hi Dave and Linda,

Bearing in mind Im not an expert at this but as I am going on a temporary visa myself, Ill can give you my view on it. I believe you still get full work rights and medicare but the only drawback I can think of is if your sponsors situation changes in the 2 years eg if (god forbid) they lose their jobs or you fall out or something you still havn't got your permanent visa.

Hope this helps regards Barbara
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Migg to Bris
Hello question from a newby -- how many out of the 5 children do my mother and father have to have in oz for the contributory parent visa
Ive just tried to look in my booklet for you but for some reason that page has gone missing but you can download one from the immi.gov website its booklet 3 and the balance of family test is on page 12 if thats any help.

regards Barbara

Last edited by barbara townend; Jun 23rd 2007 at 4:41 pm. Reason: spelling mistake oops!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Does anyone know if there are disadvantages to going to Oz to begin with on a temporary CPV as opposed to the permanent one? I undertand that the Medicare rights are not the same for the temporary as for the permanent one?
Are there any other disadvantages?
I certainly hope not as thats the way my wife and I are going .
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BrianJ
I certainly hope not as thats the way my wife and I are going .
Hi Brain....how long did it take to get your Visa's,we're going on the CPV also.

From first posting till you got the go ahead ??

Noticed we're living In the same area....

Thanks.... Cindyloo
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Thanks Barbara. Or I suppose if they change the rules in the 2 years it might be a problem to get a permanent visa. It's just a question of whether to sell the house or not in order to afford the visa.

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi Dave and Linda,

Bearing in mind Im not an expert at this but as I am going on a temporary visa myself, Ill can give you my view on it. I believe you still get full work rights and medicare but the only drawback I can think of is if your sponsors situation changes in the 2 years eg if (god forbid) they lose their jobs or you fall out or something you still havn't got your permanent visa.

Hope this helps regards Barbara
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you have an Assurer in place now one of the main risks of adopting a two stage strategy to permanent residency is that the Assurer doesn't meet the requirements of acting for you a couple of years hence - for example if s/he (through no fault of his/her own) can't satisfy the AoS income test.

Best regards.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Hi Brain....how long did it take to get your Visa's,we're going on the CPV also.

From first posting till you got the go ahead ??

Noticed we're living In the same area....

Thanks.... Cindyloo
Hi Cindy loo
I have no idea how long it takes as we only put our application in on 14th April 07/
From what I can see hear it seems to take about 9-10 months till you get a C/O then a further 3 months till visa arrives . Were doing it through an agent who told us not to get medicals and police done till informed to do so.
Whereabouts are you located , were in Gloucester
Thanks
Brian
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Migg to Bris
Hi, 50% or in your case I should think the majority i.e. 3 out of the five!!

You can check this out on the DIMIA website though
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:31 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all this is my first post, my inlaws have applied for cpv its just been acknoweledged lodgement date 25th May 07 so the wait begins!! good luck to all, the wait will be worth it when you get their.
love to all Ann xx
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:34 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann h
Hi all this is my first post, my inlaws have applied for cpv its just been acknoweledged lodgement date 25th May 07 so the wait begins!! good luck to all, the wait will be worth it when you get their.
love to all Ann xx
hi and welcome to british expats ann. are you already over in australia?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann h
love to all Ann xx
Hi Ann welcome to the forum we came out in November on a cpv and it took us 12 months.
regards Janet
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi and welcome to british expats ann. are you already over in australia?
HI SB are you going to the meet next month
Janet
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:41 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
HI SB are you going to the meet next month
Janet
maybe, if O/H is working i might go. i cant see us going if he isnt working, as he tends to shy away from get togethers etc. i think i read that you will be going janet?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:46 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

hi again, yes we are in adelaide been here since jan 04, all settled really well, looking forward to inlaws being here with us, they are on their own back in uk, they havent used an agent i filled all the forms in for them.They came over for a month in march so we did everything then, this is a great forum so many wise people, im sure i will be picking peoples brain!! love Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.