Wikiposts

March Applicants

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:58 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

well done kaye and belated happry birthday. estxxxx
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

melaniemc has a spectacular aura aboutmelaniemc has a spectacular aura aboutmelaniemc has a spectacular aura about

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT THEIR CASE OFFICER THIS WEEK.

Hopefully next week it will be the turn of all the people waiting for VISAS!!

Have booked our meds for 22nd August so gotta get super fit in just over 2 weeks... Well stop drinking at least....

Good luck to all who are waiting , things do seem to be moving a bit faster now...

Melanie
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Sean in Oz, sound post mate..... very well written and from someone who has done it first hand.. Will bear it all in mind as been thinking a lot about that recently.

We have a 10 yr old who will be leaving her natural father and all her grandparents etc.. The boys are all under 3 so they will know no different.. The aim of the game is to stay and not two and fro as A) we cant afford it and B) if we do, we will run the risk of Abi wanting to come back more when she's older and the risk of her staying in the UK too.... (hope this dosnt happen, but we wont control her either)

We are just ready for something new as a family i think.. Life is good here in UK at the moment, but in future years i dont think it will be as kind to our children.. We just want to opportunity to give them something else.. Fortunatly we will have rellies to visit us so dont have to come back to UK for hols.. (family of 6 would be very expensive..) I have even said to my mum, i would rather pay for her flight over than all ours over to uk..

Tell us a bit more Sean, it's very informative.. You can always PM me if you want..

S-j xx Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Thanks melanie,

we hope we just hear something,feeling really left out now,think im gonna have a big strop and not come on BE next week until we hear something,(we'll see though ) ,
on the 18th of august it's been 1 year since we first paid our agent to start all this process and i just want it over soon and start the beginning of our new lives if you all know what we mean.

good thing is, we wont be missing uk,my family are either there or going to live there,cant wait to see my nephews again,it's been 14 months since they left.

moan over

have a good weekend all x

kels x
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:27 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the well wishes . Have been off linefor th past couple of days, my 13 year old has been in a football tournament and I went out for my b'day and had one or 2 little drinkies with my friends.

I am now beginning to see cairns on the horizon and not a moment to soon.

Hi Saville glad you passed you TRA OE have really been great for us I dont think we could have done any better and made the right decision, a friend of ours neighbour has just got their visa a couple of weeksago using them so at least we know they are getting the right results.

Thanks again everyone

kaye x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks everyone for the well wishes . Have been off linefor th past couple of days, my 13 year old has been in a football tournament and I went out for my b'day and had one or 2 little drinkies with my friends.

I am now beginning to see cairns on the horizon and not a moment to soon.

Hi Saville glad you passed you TRA OE have really been great for us I dont think we could have done any better and made the right decision, a friend of ours neighbour has just got their visa a couple of weeksago using them so at least we know they are getting the right results.

Thanks again everyone

kaye x
kaye, cant remember if i wished you a happy birthday, if i didnt .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! XXXX
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

DISASTEROUS DAY

Steve (OH) decided as it was such a nice day to let the boys have "another" last day at the motorcross track before selling their bikes (have looked into taking them but far too expensive with quarantee cleaning etc. and import tax). Day went well - got to 3.00 p.m. and they finished riding with no accidents so I left them cleaning the bikes and headed for home (five minutes up the road) only to be greeted by a phone call on my mobile as I pulled on to the drive "come back as quickly as you can as I have just cut off the ends of my fingers" (my OH calling me). Raced back to the track to see paramedics there bandaging him up and taking him off to A&E. He was cleaning one of the bikes thoroughly ready to sell and had got two of his fingers caught between the chain and sprocket. After a few hours in A&E the diagnosis is broken end of one finger and a real mess to both (the end of one partly hanging off). They have cleaned up the fingers, bandaged them back up and arranged visit to plastic surgeons on Monday 8.15 for repair work.

Can't believe the timing of all this - we are due to go on holiday to Bordeaux in two weeks time (driving all the way) - were hoping (Visa dependent) to fly to Oz on 14th September and have so much to do in the meantime. :curse:

Steve is a self-employed electrician so will not be able to work for the next couple of weeks either at least - in all probability, won't work again until he gets to Oz. Fortunately it is only the ends of his fingers so could have been worse!! (Trying to look on the bright side of things).

I suppose it has given us something else to think about while waiting for these elusive VISAS!!!

Going off for another glass of wine now - had to tell someone about my bad day!!

Nat.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

omg i hope he is ok that is not want you need right now. Everything will pan out ok try not to worry too much big hugsxxx
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell - that sounds pretty bad - hope he gets sorted out ok

sam x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nozzys
DISASTEROUS DAY

Steve (OH) decided as it was such a nice day to let the boys have "another" last day at the motorcross track before selling their bikes (have looked into taking them but far too expensive with quarantee cleaning etc. and import tax). Day went well - got to 3.00 p.m. and they finished riding with no accidents so I left them cleaning the bikes and headed for home (five minutes up the road) only to be greeted by a phone call on my mobile as I pulled on to the drive "come back as quickly as you can as I have just cut off the ends of my fingers" (my OH calling me). Raced back to the track to see paramedics there bandaging him up and taking him off to A&E. He was cleaning one of the bikes thoroughly ready to sell and had got two of his fingers caught between the chain and sprocket. After a few hours in A&E the diagnosis is broken end of one finger and a real mess to both (the end of one partly hanging off). They have cleaned up the fingers, bandaged them back up and arranged visit to plastic surgeons on Monday 8.15 for repair work.

Can't believe the timing of all this - we are due to go on holiday to Bordeaux in two weeks time (driving all the way) - were hoping (Visa dependent) to fly to Oz on 14th September and have so much to do in the meantime. :curse:

Steve is a self-employed electrician so will not be able to work for the next couple of weeks either at least - in all probability, won't work again until he gets to Oz. Fortunately it is only the ends of his fingers so could have been worse!! (Trying to look on the bright side of things).

I suppose it has given us something else to think about while waiting for these elusive VISAS!!!

Going off for another glass of wine now - had to tell someone about my bad day!!

Nat.

Sorry to hear about your hubbys accident it will be ok I look after children with same injuries 2-4 weeks it will be fine. hope there was no tendon damage. Get all the trauma out of the way before yoy leave. At least no broken legs etc. Take care Trudi
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

DISASTEROUS DAY

Nat.
OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!! hope fingers get well soon! just kick back and njoy the wine in France and think of the good things to come! Tracey.xx
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

J-J-F-C will become famous soon enough

DISASTEROUS DAY

Nat.
OUUCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! What a toe curling story.. sounds very painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Lets hope for much better news next week. Fingers crossed (ooops! no pun meant).

jjfc
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Oh my god its one of those things you dread happening im sorry to hear its happened to you.
My son had one of those motorcross bikes i could never go and watch nor could i settle while they was away. I was glad it was sold for the same reasons you will be selling yours.

I hope they heal quickly, make sure OH has a nutrional diet with plenty of protein [its good for healing].

Good luck and lets hope your visa is granted tomorrow, perhaps it will take your mind off it[ a bit].
Teryna
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough

Well
another weekend over and another week just about to start.
Lets hope we get some visa,s this week.
I am getting a bit sick and tired of nothing happening.
What the hell are they doing over there.
Is anybody getting visa,s or are we all in the same boat..
Anyway good luck to all of us for the comming week.
Lets hope we all get what we want..

The Beetle
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

HI all,

Thanks for the replies. I am sorry that I am tardy in response (wish I had more time to blog), but job very intense and so only really able to get on here once a day if I am lucky.

Woke to a beautiful Sydney morning (abit fresh, but should get up to 19c today so ideal for the lunchtime run).

In response to Sammy and s-j Melbourne, we moved to Sydney as just wanted a change from the UK. I had lived in London for 5.5 years and although the money was great, working 16 hour days and not having one weekend off for 3 years was abit much. So we looked around and found that Sydney has all our needs. Whilst I love the outdoor lofe, I still wanted a reasonably big city where I could earn good money and be able to enjoy theatre, sport, live music etc. I love my rugby union and as such Melbourne was out of the question, so Sydney was the logical option. OH also could only really find her sort of big ticket work in Syd or Melbourne. Plus with house prices rising everywhere except NSW, Sydney with the better all year weather and beaches won over Melbourne. I mean we were out doing our triathlon training on the Northen beaches yesterday in trisuits in the ocean and sun shining (again middle of winter).

We still work hard here, but hours are shorter and we have majority of weekends to ourselves. I don't want to be seen as raining on anyones parade, but just thought that I might bring a reality check to things- life here is not all 'Home and Away'. Truth is that even people living at the beach only tend to go at weekends. I am sure everyone has a backup plan though should it all go belly up. My advice would be to stick it out at least two years and to take it in small increments. Set yourself small goals (first weekend open bank account- go for run/walk around neighbourhood). For me moving countries is always kind of like starting at college or school (making new friends etc, disciovering a new city etc). Yet for alot of people it is so much harder as if you are in your 20s then it is still reasonably acceptable to go out get drunk and make drinking buddies- abit different if you middle aged..

It is what you make of it, I am living proof that it can work- you have to just forget about what you had and embrace everything wholeheartedly (SJ Melbourne get yourself an AFL team etc). At the end of the day if you are struggling you could say you had a good run and tried, then take all the best parts of life here and take it to your next home.

One closing piece of advice- yes there is a skills shortage here and yes some jobs are easy to come by, but don't expect to walk off the plane into your dream job. You may find a new career for all you know.. As in the UK, Xmas and new year here is dead for job hunting, so my advice would be that if you come out at the end of the year then don't expect to get any sniffs till after Australia Day (yes the whokle of Jan here is easy going- more so in the remote areas). Have enough money to at least tide you over for the standard 3-4 months of job hunting. Just advice mind-- alot of people will naturally know better..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.