March Applicants

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: March Applicants

CONGRATULATIONS to every one of you lucky people with a C/O .
we are still waiting to hear something! frontloaded our application with everything but havent heard a thing since receipting email.
Ive sent an email to med processing centre to see if they have received.nothing back yet.

The doctor sent them so ive no way of tracking them.
O my god how could i have been so silly to let him post them ive had full control over everthing else theyve needed ! i should have insisted i sent them myself.:curse:

my immigration consultant was back from 3 wk hol this monday ive sent 2 emails and nothing back. this is a lady who usually answers the same day as i send an email. im scarred she knows something and doesnt want to tell me.

just back from having my hair done thought that might cheer me up, didnt work. Im sorry to moan with all the good news on BE here today but waiting is a killer isnt it?
Cheers for listening from a very down in the dumps [wishing she was down under] member
Teryna
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bundybell
we are still waiting to hear something! frontloaded our application with everything but havent heard a thing since receipting email.
Ive sent an email to med processing centre to see if they have received.nothing back yet.

O my god how could i have been so silly to let him post them ive had full control over everthing else theyve needed ! i should have insisted i sent them myself.:curse:

my immigration consultant was back from 3 wk hol this monday ive sent 2 emails and nothing back. this is a lady who usually answers the same day as i send an email. im scarred she knows something and doesnt want to tell me.

just back from having my hair done thought that might cheer me up, didnt work. Im sorry to moan with all the good news on BE here today but waiting is a killer isnt it?
Cheers for listening from a very down in the dumps [wishing she was down under] member
Teryna
That makes two of us "T" or three if you count wife who are a bit down, evrything has gone so well the past few months now going pear shaped at the end!!
Steve
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nozzys
That makes two of us "T" or three if you count wife who are a bit down, evrything has gone so well the past few months now going pear shaped at the end!!
Steve
Thanks for that my OH is the same its so deflating and demoralising.
O well im just going to crack open a bottle of magners see if that lifts the mood a
Teryna
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Thanks for that my OH is the same its so deflating and demoralising.
O well im just going to crack open a bottle of magners see if that lifts the mood a
Teryna
Going to pick OH from work shortly then open a nice Chardonnay and probably regret it in the morning!!

All the best, and dont forget the ice.
Steve
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

J-J-F-C will become famous soon enough

Again congratulations to those with good news today

And to Teryna and Steve, know that feeling well and am also waiting on reply from agent, so frustrating:curse:. Similar time line to you Steve so continue to watch your progress.

Good luck and hope there's some good news tomorrow. Oh and its shiraz for me tonight!!

c
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
I think we should have a special prize for the person who hasit last....like Most patient Person in the World award......and a free stay with all of us when they make it!!!!! and we have to treat them like kings!!!!

loadsa co's yest, well done all!!!!

esxxxxxx

Well i'm gonna give mine back then!! Free beer!!!

Sophjam excellent news for you, wish kels would stop using my northern term 'chuffed' though as im struggling with a new word!! hope the party went well for kody, hope she enjoyed her day..

S-j xxx
Try moaning on the updates thread as we all have had an anti-climax, it's a nightmare, either caused from family/friends etc or a house!!!!

xx
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Kaye!!!! WELL DONE YOU!!!!! so pleased for you,, they're comin in fast and furious now!!!

just want a few more for me friends!! xx i'm on the riesling if anyone's interested!! xxx S-j xx

congrats to kaye again x
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Teryna
Teryna try the LCU yourself our dr sent ours off aswell but i emailed them and after a week they replied and said the medicals had been processed all you need is name dob passport number why not give that a try. dont worry about sounding off on here its what we are here for to support each other as best we can through the whole process. Take care it will happen when you least expect it. Trudi
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Originally Posted by wardy2
Today is my birthday and my best present we have a

CASE OFFICER

You see it does happen

Kaye xx

......BIG HAPPY B,DAY AND CONGRATS TO WARDY!!!!!!!!......

well done and what a good day it must have been for you
enjoy the bad head in the morning it's been worth it

heres to the rest of us waiting ,hope we all get something soon

kels x
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

Wardy congratulations on both! hopw you had a good day and are reading this with a sore head! loux
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Congrats to all the folks that have their case officers and visas sorted.

Just wanted to let you know that we are still waiting, but am loving life in Sydney and am in no rush to get the CO. Just felt that in all the euphoria I would share the following- I had a British bloke leave my work yesterday and head back to the UK. He and his family were setup, but he found it just too hard over here after 3 years. Now not to burst the bubble, but thought after my chat and a few beers with him, I would put down the following thoughts...

I think the main thing for people on this site is finding happiness. Now for some that may be Oz, some the UK, NZ,US whatever.. Alot of people have a deluded idea that all their problems will be solved when/if they move countries. Having done this 7 times in my life, I can say it can cause immense heartache and anguish. As in life some people embrace change and others shun it like the plague. My mum and dad had some awful rows about us moving when I was younger- money, new schools, new houses etc. Not to mention having to attend so many schools and make new friends all the time. It is very hard on kids (particularly those old enought to remember their old mates). Whilst I look back with fondness now, it was very tough at the time. I have seen so many families come out here (as what happened with my workmate) who come out here to give the kids a better life, only to go back because of the kids in a few years time. As with adults some kids adapt and some don't.

The key thing that I have found is that people don't think about the realities of living in a place like Oz. Sure it has a lot of plusses, but it is 24 hours from the UK on a plane. Once you are here, the majority of people won't be able to afford more than an annual holiday back (if they are lucky). People on the average Ozzie wage will be battling with a mortgage and hence a family of four holiday back to the Uk could put them in some strife. Also forget about those cheap family holidays to the US or Europe. I know that living in places like Busselton and Bunbury and Yamba are great, but truth be known the average wage in these places is not that impressive.The reality for alot of people is that once you are here- this is it...

I suppose what I want to say is choose wisely and keep talking to your kids (if you have any). Address any fears that they have as a family. Don't bigup the move as being better, but take their thoughts into consideration.. The last thing you want to be in is a position whereby they think they will be back every year or whenever they want, when financially that is not possible..

Lambast me if you want for having these thoughts, but ultimately you too will experience them with time. As Dickens said 'It was the best of times- it was the worst of times'. Be prepared for a massive rollercaoster ride- tears, laughter, yelling, screeaming, pride, humiliation.. I have felt all these in 3 years and so shall yee...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

Hey!

Does anyone have the contact email for the LCU in Sydney? I have been trawling through the dimia site and have yet to find it.....!

Cheers

Dan and Steph
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

Go to immi.gov.au/contacts then choose Australian processing centres and it is one of the options.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Congrats to all the folks that have their case officers and visas sorted.

Just wanted to let you know that we are still waiting, but am loving life in Sydney and am in no rush to get the CO. Just felt that in all the euphoria I would share the following- I had a British bloke leave my work yesterday and head back to the UK. He and his family were setup, but he found it just too hard over here after 3 years. Now not to burst the bubble, but thought after my chat and a few beers with him, I would put down the following thoughts...

I think the main thing for people on this site is finding happiness. Now for some that may be Oz, some the UK, NZ,US whatever.. Alot of people have a deluded idea that all their problems will be solved when/if they move countries. Having done this 7 times in my life, I can say it can cause immense heartache and anguish. As in life some people embrace change and others shun it like the plague. My mum and dad had some awful rows about us moving when I was younger- money, new schools, new houses etc. Not to mention having to attend so many schools and make new friends all the time. It is very hard on kids (particularly those old enought to remember their old mates). Whilst I look back with fondness now, it was very tough at the time. I have seen so many families come out here (as what happened with my workmate) who come out here to give the kids a better life, only to go back because of the kids in a few years time. As with adults some kids adapt and some don't.

The key thing that I have found is that people don't think about the realities of living in a place like Oz. Sure it has a lot of plusses, but it is 24 hours from the UK on a plane. Once you are here, the majority of people won't be able to afford more than an annual holiday back (if they are lucky). People on the average Ozzie wage will be battling with a mortgage and hence a family of four holiday back to the Uk could put them in some strife. Also forget about those cheap family holidays to the US or Europe. I know that living in places like Busselton and Bunbury and Yamba are great, but truth be known the average wage in these places is not that impressive.The reality for alot of people is that once you are here- this is it...

I suppose what I want to say is choose wisely and keep talking to your kids (if you have any). Address any fears that they have as a family. Don't bigup the move as being better, but take their thoughts into consideration.. The last thing you want to be in is a position whereby they think they will be back every year or whenever they want, when financially that is not possible..

Lambast me if you want for having these thoughts, but ultimately you too will experience them with time. As Dickens said 'It was the best of times- it was the worst of times'. Be prepared for a massive rollercaoster ride- tears, laughter, yelling, screeaming, pride, humiliation.. I have felt all these in 3 years and so shall yee...
Thanks for sharing that with us Sean. I understand where you are coming from... i know people who had fab jobs in the uk and still have good jobs in brisbane, but have never been so skint in their lives and that's with 2 working. We've been looking at interest rates of mortgages - thats part of the problem

I'm sure we all have this element of reality at some point. This forum shares so many real stories and experiences we have heard both sides of the coin. If houses were cheapy, cheapy, cost of living dirt cheap, kids settled into school and made loads of friends straight away..aus would be a dream. However, life isn't that kind to us is it? It's going to be what we make it, and it will show how much sticking power and motivation we have as people to make it work.

It's going to be a challenge, theres no doubt about that - but we're up for it!!

How come your in sydney then Sean??

Sam x

Last edited by sammyg; Aug 2nd 2007 at 7:41 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Morning All,

just for anyone that has asked,if you dont know how to track your meds because your doc has sent them,you can phone your doctors like we did and ask them for the web address and tracking number for the company that sent your meds,and we went on the site and it tells you when they were signed for and what date it was.

kels x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.