British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Gaz67 Apr 3rd 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8470122)
Thanks Gaz, just have to keep :fingerscrossed: and hope that our (and others waiting) PPR's come soon eh?

Binty

Indeed we do ive had :fingerscrossed: now for eleven months they are getting tired :eek:

Gaz

LinsyPinsy Apr 3rd 2010 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8470122)
Thanks Gaz, just have to keep :fingerscrossed: and hope that our (and others waiting) PPR's come soon eh?

Binty

Lets hope you are right....just about had a heart attack when OH sent it on to me. Everything seems to have ground to a halt for so many people but hopefully you are right and it'll be OK:fingerscrossed:

Binty Apr 3rd 2010 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8470145)
Lets hope you are right....just about had a heart attack when OH sent it on to me. Everything seems to have ground to a halt for so many people but hopefully you are right and it'll be OK:fingerscrossed:

Thank you LP,

My heart skipped a beat when I came across it too :eek: We all feel so vulnerable:blink: and frustrated :banghead: due to being kept completely in the dark and at CIC's long arms length. We all have our lives on hold (probably more than we would care to admit). Hopefully :fingerscrossed: one day, we will all look back and feel sure that it was all worth it :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: here's to each and every brave applicant who has decided to take a chance on this uncertain and lumpy path (some paths longer than others); than look back in later life and wonder 'what if?':confused::confused:

WELL DONE EVERYONE :starsmile:

Binty

GERA Apr 4th 2010 4:30 pm

Received AOR in the post ,the letter was dated 25/03/2010......Now hoping ECAS will change to "In process" in the coming weeks :fingerscrossed:

LinsyPinsy Apr 4th 2010 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8471769)
Received AOR in the post ,the letter was dated 25/03/2010......Now hoping ECAS will change to "In process" in the coming weeks :fingerscrossed:

Great news on the AOR front. :D
Dont hold your breathe on the changing to 'in progress' any time soon...system seems to be stuck going by others who got AOR in Jan/feb 10. AAAhhhh.:ohmy:
never mind, we will get there eventually:fingerscrossed: We are only a few weeks ahead of you, so we will see how it goes
Happy Easter:thumbsup:

GERA Apr 5th 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8472069)
Dont hold your breathe on the changing to 'in progress' any time soon...system seems to be stuck going by others who got AOR in Jan/feb 10. AAAhhhh.:ohmy:
never mind, we will get there eventually:fingerscrossed: We are only a few weeks ahead of you, so we will see how it goes

thank you for well wishes!!! I geuss I will have to be patient .....I thought my kids tested my patience ........This is getting the best of me I tell you ....Lets keep the hopes up

Martin99 Apr 6th 2010 8:53 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8473224)
thank you for well wishes!!! I geuss I will have to be patient .....I thought my kids tested my patience ........This is getting the best of me I tell you ....Lets keep the hopes up

Congratulations on achieving another milestone!

Cheers

Martin

GERA Apr 6th 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8475382)
Congratulations on achieving another milestone!

Cheers

Martin

thank you !!

humanist Apr 9th 2010 10:22 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8472069)

Hmmmm, so the general consensus is that the system is grinding to a halt?

My application has been 'In process' for 2 months, which is quite a long time for the new stream (apparently people applying under the old stream could have an 'In process' status for years!).

michelle101 Apr 9th 2010 10:24 am

The passport request has finally arrived!!!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the advice and info which has made the roller coaster ride a bit more bearable.

Michelle :D

Gaz67 Apr 9th 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8483906)

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the advice and info which has made the roller coaster ride a bit more bearable.

Gratz Michelle :0) great news indeed... exciting times

:thumbsup:

StopTheClocks Apr 9th 2010 10:53 am

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8483906)

Awesome! Congratulations Michelle ;)

kirbyking46 Apr 9th 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and have been following this thread with keen interest. I sent my FSW PR application to CIO in January'10 from the UK and had my CC debited on 22/3/10. I still have not heard anything from CIO though. Is this normal? I've gone through all my deleted emails just in case I deleted something from CIO by accident. It's driving me insane! any ideas pleeeeaase.
Thanks

Funky Florist Apr 10th 2010 5:49 am

Originally Posted by kirbyking46 (Post 8485340)
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and have been following this thread with keen interest. I sent my FSW PR application to CIO in January'10 from the UK and had my CC debited on 22/3/10. I still have not heard anything from CIO though. Is this normal? I've gone through all my deleted emails just in case I deleted something from CIO by accident. It's driving me insane! any ideas pleeeeaase.
Thanks

Have you checked your junk/spam mail folder - it could have gone in there? Just a thought...

scotty1974 Apr 10th 2010 1:45 pm

we finally received our 120 email on Thursday!! at last! delighted, onto getting the fulls docs sorted now :thumbup:

Thanks
hey Kirby king, not sure what the story is with that, our card was debited and we received our 120 email 2 days later??