British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

StopTheClocks Apr 10th 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by scotty1974 (Post 8486348)
we finally received our 120 email on Thursday!! at last! delighted, onto getting the fulls docs sorted now :thumbup:



hey Kirby king, not sure what the story is with that, our card was debited and we received our 120 email 2 days later??

They usually send a letter too??...

Maybe raise the query with them at the website .. they got back to me in a week or so when I had to change my address

Good luck

Lady Locket Apr 11th 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
We didn't get a letter, just an email. The only letter we have recieved was after we sent supporting docs and they gave us our AOR and new file number.

Martin99 Apr 11th 2010 5:37 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by kirbyking46 (Post 8485340)
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and have been following this thread with keen interest. I sent my FSW PR application to CIO in January'10 from the UK and had my CC debited on 22/3/10. I still have not heard anything from CIO though. Is this normal? I've gone through all my deleted emails just in case I deleted something from CIO by accident. It's driving me insane! any ideas pleeeeaase.
Thanks

Hi KK

Welcome to the thread. As FF has suggested, my guess is that the email from the CIO has been filtered out by your spam/junk mail filter so please take a look there. As far as I know, they do not send a separate letter at this stage so you may need to write to them to find out where your 120 day email is if you cannot access your junk mail folder. You could use the reference (if any) from your credit card payment if you need to help CIO track down your application as you will not yet know your file number.

Please let us know how you get on.

Good luck!

Martin

Martin99 Apr 11th 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by scotty1974 (Post 8486348)
we finally received our 120 email on Thursday!! at last! delighted, onto getting the fulls docs sorted now


Congratulations!

Do let us know if any of us can help as you pull together the 120 day folder of documents.

Cheers

Martin

scotty1974 Apr 11th 2010 6:13 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Congratulations!

Do let us know if any of us can help as you pull together the 120 day folder of documents
thanks Martin :D

have to say the folk on this forum have been a fantastic support so far!!

kirbyking46 Apr 11th 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8488365)
Hi KK

Welcome to the thread. As FF has suggested, my guess is that the email from the CIO has been filtered out by your spam/junk mail filter so please take a look there. As far as I know, they do not send a separate letter at this stage so you may need to write to them to find out where your 120 day email is if you cannot access your junk mail folder. You could use the reference (if any) from your credit card payment if you need to help CIO track down your application as you will not yet know your file number.

Please let us know how you get on.

Good luck!

Martin

Thanks Martin, I've sent an email to CHC as you advised. I'll keep you all posted on progress. Goodluck to us all on our journeys.
Kirby

kirbyking46 Apr 12th 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Hey Martin, thanks massively for your advice. I got an email from CHC thsi morning in response to the email I sent yesterday. A copy of the 120 days letter was forwarded to me, they had sent one on 26th of March but somehow I deleted it. Don't ask me how but when you are panicking you do strange things. Thanks everyone for your support here. I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.:thumbsup:

Bali2010 Apr 12th 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by kirbyking46 (Post 8490712)
Hey Martin, thanks massively for your advice. I got an email from CHC thsi morning in response to the email I sent yesterday. A copy of the 120 days letter was forwarded to me, they had sent one on 26th of March but somehow I deleted it. Don't ask me how but when you are panicking you do strange things. Thanks everyone for your support here. I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.:thumbsup:

A relief then, and at least only a few weeks down.
:)

Gaz67 Apr 13th 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8460327)
Hopefully, on to the passport request stage next, Gaz! :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

A WEE UPDATE

Saturday we received Blood Test results off the DMP we went to, alls fine on them.

The DMP said the results would have gone to London the same day.

We also have to send off Proof of funds (again)
RPRF and additional $150 for Baby who wasn't on the initial App.
and
Police Certs.... which we are currently awaiting coming up to 3 weeks...

Just about to send POF and RPRF to CHC
Will forward Police Certs when they arrive!!

Cheers
Gaz

Wags18uk Apr 13th 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
:fingerscrossed: for you fella.

Gaz67 Apr 13th 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8492682)
:fingerscrossed: for you fella.

Cheers Mark...:p

Dont know wether we will get PPR before we fly out May 7th...

We are too late to land PR but would be nice to get Passport Requests before we fly to Vancouver... we will be sending passports back to CHC London from there...

A quick question... if we dont receive PPR before we fly, what does it say in the letter? Do you just quote your B number and send passports off to CHC or do you need to send part of the letter you receive back with it?

Cheers
Gaz

Wags18uk Apr 13th 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8492709)
Cheers Mark...:p

Dont know wether we will get PPR before we fly out May 7th...

We are too late to land PR but would be nice to get Passport Requests before we fly to Vancouver... we will be sending passports back to CHC London from there...

A quick question... if we dont receive PPR before we fly, what does it say in the letter? Do you just quote your B number and send passports off to CHC or do you need to send part of the letter you receive back with it?

Cheers
Gaz

Not too sure as we took ours down to London, will check paperwork and let you know.

Cheers

StopTheClocks Apr 13th 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010



Cheers

STC

Martin99 Apr 13th 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by kirbyking46 (Post 8490712)
Hey Martin, thanks massively for your advice. I got an email from CHC thsi morning in response to the email I sent yesterday. A copy of the 120 days letter was forwarded to me, they had sent one on 26th of March but somehow I deleted it. Don't ask me how but when you are panicking you do strange things. Thanks everyone for your support here. I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.:thumbsup:

Great news, KK. I hope you have added them to your safe senders email list.

Good luck from here.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Apr 13th 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8492709)
Cheers Mark...:p

Dont know wether we will get PPR before we fly out May 7th...

We are too late to land PR but would be nice to get Passport Requests before we fly to Vancouver... we will be sending passports back to CHC London from there...

A quick question... if we dont receive PPR before we fly, what does it say in the letter? Do you just quote your B number and send passports off to CHC or do you need to send part of the letter you receive back with it?

Cheers
Gaz

Good to see you progressing, Gaz.

I think I received a form with the PPR letter, which you have to fill in with some basic details for each family member so you may need it sending over to you in Vancouver if it arrives after you leave.

Cheers

Martin


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:59 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.