British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Apr 17th 2010 11:45 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8502703)
Phew! Had a letter from CIC London this morning asking me to submit two recent photographs ....after which they will submit a medical request! :thumbup:

However,

1. They didn't specify the type of photo, so I'm assuming it'll be the same as with my initial application.

2. In the letter they said I should use 'the enclosed label' when replying. There was no label! So what should I do? I guess I could just use the usual address with my case number on the front maybe.

Either way, I'm happy.

Tim.

I would send the same photos as you did for your original application and address the envelope as you suggest.

Good luck

Martin

samjr400 Apr 17th 2010 9:44 pm

Havent been on here in ages!!! Good to see how everyone is getting on. WE had medicals on Friday, so fingers crossed now for that passport request soon:thumbsup:

asitoja Apr 19th 2010 3:49 am

Originally Posted by pfw (Post 8499668)
It was quicker than I expected, was expecting to wait around another 3-4 weeks. I'm really not sure why (is FSW2 quicker?)

rkak12, we submitted credit card details with our app. The card was debited a couple of days ago (so we were expecting the letter anyway)

Hi! I'm new to this forum, I have submitted my application to Sydney NS on March 23, 2010 (not exactly sure when they recieved it) using my credit card, however, when I checked my creditcard balance today dated April 19, 2010, it is still unchange which means that I still not paid yet. May I ask you how long again did it take before the bill was credited in your creditcard? and how long before u received the 120day email? Thank you very much.

asitoja

Martin99 Apr 19th 2010 11:30 am

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 8503877)
Havent been on here in ages!!! Good to see how everyone is getting on. WE had medicals on Friday, so fingers crossed now for that passport request soon:thumbsup:

I hope it goes smoothly for you from here. Not long to wait now!

Cheers

Martin

AmyDavid Apr 19th 2010 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8506256)
Hi! I'm new to this forum, I have submitted my application to Sydney NS on March 23, 2010 (not exactly sure when they recieved it) using my credit card, however, when I checked my creditcard balance today dated April 19, 2010, it is still unchange which means that I still not paid yet. May I ask you how long again did it take before the bill was credited in your creditcard? and how long before u received the 120day email? Thank you very much.

asitoja

They take the cc payment right at the end of the process - which usually takes 67ish days.

samjr400 Apr 19th 2010 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8507088)
I hope it goes smoothly for you from here. Not long to wait now!

Cheers

Martin

Thank you it feels like the dream is coming closer!!!:thumbsup:

rkak12 Apr 21st 2010 3:52 am

hi Martin99, please just help me and guide me. CIO NS has return my application because i have mentioned my processing visa center wrong. they have asked me to resubmit withthe given letter. now please tell me what should i do, should i submit my application or i have to submit IELTS too . please help me. any body else know about the prticular case please reply soon.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

PMM Apr 21st 2010 4:29 am

Hi

Originally Posted by rkak12 (Post 8510982)
hi Martin99, please just help me and guide me. CIO NS has return my application because i have mentioned my processing visa center wrong. they have asked me to resubmit withthe given letter. now please tell me what should i do, should i submit my application or i have to submit IELTS too . please help me. any body else know about the prticular case please reply soon.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

1. Resubmit with the correct visa office.
2. Please read the instructions you DON'T SUBMIT IELTS TO NOVA SCOTIA

asitoja Apr 21st 2010 6:11 am

hI! What do you mean by "you have mentioned your processing visa center wrong". You see, I'm also not sure if what I wrote there was correct, I'm from Philippines and I answered "Manila-Philippines" as my processing visa center, is this correct?

rkak12 Apr 21st 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8511033)
Hi

1. Resubmit with the correct visa office.
2. Please read the instructions you DON'T SUBMIT IELTS TO NOVA SCOTIA

But Thay have make law after 1st april you have to submit IELTS results too. i read on thier ofiicial site. But i have submit my application before 1st april, now i have to resubmit. please guide

GERA Apr 21st 2010 8:32 am

As far as I know, when they return your application ,they keep No record (I am sure if you read through the letter you will see it written there somewhere) So when you resubmit its as good as if you are startin all over again.Your application is not given any sort of preference due to the fact that it was previously submitted.

I had to also resubmit and I got my AOR the same time as people who submitted on the date of my second submission (about 2 months).

So as far as I am concerned its as good as if ou are starting all over again.

This qoute from the minister “We strongly encourage applicants whose first language isn’t English or French to take a language test,” said Minister Kenney. “We don’t want immigrants to be surprised if their written submission doesn’t match their reported ability, and they don’t get the desired assessment.”

It is not in black and white what you should do,but I think this quoataion will help you make a decision.As long as your first language is not English or French it would advisable to do the language test as you could potentially lose 16 points if there is no solid proof such as a test.

Hope this helps!!

rkak12 Apr 21st 2010 8:43 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8511400)
As far as I know, when they return your application ,they keep No record (I am sure if you read through the letter you will see it written there somewhere) So when you resubmit its as good as if you are startin all over again.Your application is not given any sort of preference due to the fact that it was previously submitted.

I had to also resubmit and I got my AOR the same time as people who submitted on the date of my second submission (about 2 months).

So as far as I am concerned its as good as if ou are starting all over again.

This qoute from the minister “We strongly encourage applicants whose first language isn’t English or French to take a language test,” said Minister Kenney. “We don’t want immigrants to be surprised if their written submission doesn’t match their reported ability, and they don’t get the desired assessment.”

It is not in black and white what you should do,but I think this quoataion will help you make a decision.As long as your first language is not English or French it would advisable to do the language test as you could potentially lose 16 points if there is no solid proof such as a test.

Hope this helps!!

No i will give when submit the docs to london, i just need to know that should i submit my application right now. is there IELTS problem occur. obviously i will take exam. Now what should i do.

humanist Apr 21st 2010 9:01 am

Medical Requests received this morning :thumbup:

They also wrote on the letter that the previous letter asking for photographs was sent in error.

GERA Apr 21st 2010 9:44 am

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8511463)
Medical Requests received this morning :thumbup:

They also wrote on the letter that the previous letter asking for photographs was sent in error.

Well done !!

Silverdragon102 Apr 21st 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by rkak12 (Post 8511418)
No i will give when submit the docs to london, i just need to know that should i submit my application right now. is there IELTS problem occur. obviously i will take exam. Now what should i do.

I would suggest you read the handbook that tells you how to complete the forms. We just sent ours back again as first was sent back because I hadn't filled in the office details resent it but credit card has now expired. you just send the forms that is on the check list and I do not remember seeing IELTS etc on it

This is what is stated in the guide

You should not submit your test results or written submission to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada. If the application is recommended for further processing, the test results or written submission should be submitted to the responsible Visa Office.

However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...uides/EG72.asp