British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

JET747 Jul 24th 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7773408)

Yes you are correct our application was recieved 12th May in Sydney, 120 day email recieved on the 15th July. It seems to be taking a bit longer to get a response, suspect they are now being inundated with applications!

And all from people I suspect that have found themselves on THE LIST.

I suppose it may come down to quotas as we progress ?

JET:)

Steez1982 Jul 27th 2009 9:08 pm

Sent mine on 17 June as well, have heard nothing back.

How do you check if a bank draft has been cashed?

zippadydoda Jul 27th 2009 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steez1982 (Post 7789007)
Sent mine on 17 June as well, have heard nothing back.

How do you check if a bank draft has been cashed?

Just ask your bank. I did that today. They said bank draft had been cashed on 17th July. The application was sent to CIO on 14th June.

Martin99 Jul 28th 2009 7:31 am

Originally Posted by zippadydoda (Post 7789293)
Just ask your bank. I did that today. They said bank draft had been cashed on 17th July. The application was sent to CIO on 14th June.

Have you had an email from the CIO yet? I am trying to measure how long they are taking now as it used to be about a month but appears to be pushing out to two months based on recent experiences shared on this forum.

gryphea Jul 28th 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7790237)
Have you had an email from the CIO yet? I am trying to measure how long they are taking now as it used to be about a month but appears to be pushing out to two months based on recent experiences shared on this forum.

We still haven't heard from 20th May..................

Martin99 Jul 28th 2009 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 7791283)
We still haven't heard from 20th May..................

Oh dear! Have they cashed your draft? You read some postings referring to the paperwork being lost. Ours went off in early-May originally but they sent it all back after a month because we had not put N/A in a single empty box on the forms.

I hope you/we hear soon.

unigirl1982 Jul 28th 2009 7:14 pm

mine was recieved on may 25th and i got my 120 letter via email today (july 28th)

Walsh Clan Jul 28th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by unigirl1982 (Post 7792248)
mine was recieved on may 25th and i got my 120 letter via email today (july 28th)

Congrats! Here's to pulling all the info together!:)

gryphea Jul 29th 2009 12:06 am

Turns out ours was received on 25th May and we too got ours today. Yay!

zippadydoda Jul 29th 2009 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7790237)

Nope, nothing at all to date. Just relieved to know the bankers draft has been cashed as we sent application by normal post so have spent the whole of June wondering whether CIO had received it!!!! :eek:

zippadydoda Jul 29th 2009 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan (Post 7792435)
Congrats! Here's to pulling all the info together!:)

I have all info collected and waiting to be sent off. If you send documents off as soon as you get 120 day letter, do they review it any sooner or wait until 120 days have lapsed.:confused:

Walsh Clan Jul 29th 2009 8:07 am

Originally Posted by zippadydoda (Post 7793179)
I have all info collected and waiting to be sent off. If you send documents off as soon as you get 120 day letter, do they review it any sooner or wait until 120 days have lapsed.:confused:

For us, they processed within a month of receiving the documentation, and we sent it back within 30 days of receiving the letter, so yes!

purple80 Aug 1st 2009 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 7792921)
Turns out ours was received on 25th May and we too got ours today. Yay!

Congratulations, our full package is almost ready to go, just waiting on new police checks, as I am currently in the Uk on holiday I arranged for the police checks to come to me here.

Will leave the full package with my mother in law to send off if they have not arrived before I leave.....

Steez1982 Aug 4th 2009 4:50 pm

any more news anyone?

Martin99 Aug 4th 2009 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steez1982 (Post 7812311)
any more news anyone?

Still waiting for my yes/no email from CIO. My FSW application was received by them in mid-June and they cashed my draft mid-July. I do not know whether it is good news if they have cashed the draft as they could always reject my application and cut me a new cheque!

Fingers crossed.