British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

purple80 Mar 29th 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8438800)
Hi Guys

Booked Meds today in Altringham for next Tues 30th March, we would have had to wait 2 weeks or more for Liverpool :blink:

Apart from that Altringham is around £300 quid cheaper than Liverpool :p

So no booze the weekend even though its my lil boys christening :eek:

Gaz

Good luck Gaz.

Martin99 Mar 29th 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8457095)
Ditto!!! Hopefully after all you've been through it will be plain sailing :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

PS Update on us, house is going on the market this week, it all seems so real now :eek:

Good luck with the house sale, Mark. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

Binty Mar 29th 2010 4:28 pm

:fingerscrossed: that meds go smoothly Gaz.

Binty

Gaz67 Mar 29th 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8457014)
Good luck with the medicals tomorrow, Gaz!

Cheers

Martin

Thanx Martin :0) unfortunately i didnt keep off the booze the weekend due to celebrations been detoxing all day and will do all night :0

will let you all know how we got on tomorrow :thumbup:

Gaz

wishing more good Luck to everyone else :thumbsup:

LaurenandLuke Mar 30th 2010 11:16 am

Bugger!

We received our application back from Sydney this morning, with a letter to say we need to supply more detail regarding hubbies occupation. I went through the noc and thought we had given enough detail but obviously not! :( Everything else seems ok though, lots of little red ticks everywhere!

So, back to the noc list and back to hubbies contract to see if we can write something more detailed today, then post it back tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

ETA; Ive just had a look and my husbands duties are virtually all of those on the noc list for his occupation. Can I use the duty descriptions as seen on the noc literally word for word or is it better to rewrite them myself, phrasing them differently?

Martin99 Mar 30th 2010 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8459699)
Bugger!

We received our application back from Sydney this morning, with a letter to say we need to supply more detail regarding hubbies occupation. I went through the noc and thought we had given enough detail but obviously not! :( Everything else seems ok though, lots of little red ticks everywhere!

So, back to the noc list and back to hubbies contract to see if we can write something more detailed today, then post it back tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

ETA; Ive just had a look and my husbands duties are virtually all of those on the noc list for his occupation. Can I use the duty descriptions as seen on the noc literally word for word or is it better to rewrite them myself, phrasing them differently?

Lauren

I borrowed many of the exact descriptions directly from the NOCs themselves as they accurately described my roles. It may be that you used too much shorthand in the way you described the actual roles. What seems to matter most is the substance of the roles rather than the job titles.

Good luck this time!

Martin

Martin99 Mar 30th 2010 1:32 pm

I understand that from 1 April 2010 the London CHC will be taking on processing of economic visa applications from Pakistan in addition to the current UK work. I hope that this does not delay too many applicants on this thread!

Cheers

Martin

MapleSauce Mar 30th 2010 1:34 pm

That really is a pain in the backside!

MapleSauce Mar 30th 2010 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8460007)
Lauren

I borrowed many of the exact descriptions directly from the NOCs themselves as they accurately described my roles. It may be that you used too much shorthand in the way you described the actual roles. What seems to matter most is the substance of the roles rather than the job titles.

Good luck this time!

Martin

Lauren,

I ditto Martin's approach.

LaurenandLuke Mar 30th 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Martin and Maple :)

I agree, I think I 'simplified' it too much when I should have given as much detail as I could. Im taking the roles directly from the NOC now, where appropriate.

Am re-doing it now, it will be back in the post tomorrow! Its already checked and stamped according to the covering letter, so hopefully we will be processed this time! :thumbsup:

As for the news that the London office is going to take in the other apps, well that is bad news isnt it! :sneaky: I hope they employ more people to cope with the load, although that is highly unlikely isnt it! :(

Heres hoping we are all lucky and get processed quickly! :fingerscrossed:

purple80 Mar 30th 2010 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8460015)
I understand that from 1 April 2010 the London CHC will be taking on processing of economic visa applications from Pakistan in addition to the current UK work. I hope that this does not delay too many applicants on this thread!

Cheers

Martin

They are already dealing with a backlog.....Not good. :frown:

Gaz67 Mar 30th 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8460121)

They are already dealing with a backlog.....Not good. :frown:

not good at all!! we want Charlies done first CHC grrrrr :thumbsup:

Gaz

Gaz67 Mar 30th 2010 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8457095)
Ditto!!! Hopefully after all you've been through it will be plain sailing :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

PS Update on us, house is going on the market this week, it all seems so real now :eek:

Thanx Mark... medicals went smooth....

Good luck with your house sale :thumbup: ... we had 2 offers on ours but have decided to rent out instead :0)

Gaz

Gaz67 Mar 30th 2010 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8457140)
Good luck Gaz.

Cheers Charlie , Cheers Binty ... im sure your luck was with us all the way :p

Gaz

Gaz67 Mar 30th 2010 3:05 pm

Well after taking medicals today.... we are pleased they were easy and done very quickly indeed :thumbsup:

We arrived in Altrincham a tad later than planned but still half an hour before medicals were due!!

"Our Sat Nav (BINATONE) dont buy a (BINATONE) .... it has not taken us to the right place in the 2 years we have had it ... it was an xmas present off the inlaws and will not be accompanying us to Canada... its going to BINLAND :eek:"

Anyways after not drinking coffee for 24 hours and just water (LOTS) and Oj i was cold turkey'n LOTS ...

We parked at the med centre and walked down to the town 5 mins walk to some good shops and some good places to eat for future note!!

Me and daughter decided we needed the Loo at this point and goin in the public toilets I had the biggest and longest Pee i have ever had... apparently so did daughter :eek:

The medical centre was easy to find once in the town, the staff were nice and the doctor was lovely... well mine and the daughters who went in together was great... Tina went to "Mrs Hitler" with the Baby :blink:

The medical was quick we went in around 11.40pm and we were all out at 12.10... all done , paid we might have been quicker but the earlier Loo trip meant me and the daughter could not Pee so we got every possible drink out the car and finished them off... took us half an hour to be able to provide a sample :p

Back in the car ready to drive half hour to Manchester City Centre for the Xray part..... oh no i thought....

Was a straight run from the med centre to Deansgate and also easy to find. Staff there were also friendly and the process of our 3 xrays over in around half an hour.... paid extra for making sure they went recorded delivery.

So family of four Myself,wife 13 year old daughter and baby cost
£640.... not bad when compared with Liverpool which verged on £900

I would recommend this med centre for anyone from the Northwest or further afield if need be!!

Thanx for all the well wishes.... Roll on next stage!

Gaz