British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Melsa Mar 15th 2010 10:53 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8421319)
Hi Melsa,

Well done, It's always a relief when it all goes :thumbup:
Good luck with the job hunting :fingerscrossed:

Binty

Thank you Binty and Martin 99 for your good luck messages. Can't believe you got your visa in 7 months Martin!!

Bali2010 Mar 15th 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket (Post 8421892)
Gosh we seemed to have got our AOR quickly! Came today, although it was dated the 12th. Lets hope everything else moves this quickly! :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8422191)
Us too...us too!!!
AOR today. Cant believe it!!!!!!!!
lins

Excellent for you both.
:thumbsup:

Brunti Mar 16th 2010 4:48 am

I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it on here. I have received my 120 day e mail and I am now ready to send everything off to London. I am sending a copy of the original application forms which were initially sent to Sydney. However I note on the Immigration website it states that you should send a copy of the documents with your original signature. The copy I am sending has a copy of the original signature. If that makes sense?? Am I reading too much into this or should I add a further original signature next to the copy signature?

Thanks

Martin99 Mar 16th 2010 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 8422897)
I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it on here. I have received my 120 day e mail and I am now ready to send everything off to London. I am sending a copy of the original application forms which were initially sent to Sydney. However I note on the Immigration website it states that you should send a copy of the documents with your original signature. The copy I am sending has a copy of the original signature. If that makes sense?? Am I reading too much into this or should I add a further original signature next to the copy signature?

Thanks

It cannot harm to sign them again. I cannot remember what I did.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Mar 16th 2010 8:28 am

Congratulations everyone on receiving the fast AOR's. At least you can now log onto ECAS with the new numbers.

Cheers

Martin

GERA Mar 16th 2010 8:39 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8422191)
Us too...us too!!!
AOR today. Cant believe it!!!!!!!!
lins

one step closer ......well done.....does the AOR com via email stating your new immigration number I geuss ?

LinsyPinsy Mar 16th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8423219)
one step closer ......well done.....does the AOR com via email stating your new immigration number I geuss ?

We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns

GERA Mar 16th 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8423281)
We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns

Thanks !!

Glam Mar 16th 2010 2:54 pm

Those of you who got you A.O.R and new file number at the end of Jan, when you checked ECAS did it say:

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status:

Received_by Visa Office

Then when you clicked on that it said: (of course your dates would be different;))

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 24, 2009 (120 letter). Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on September 1, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Please let me know if yours is the same / similar as every week passes and i become more paranoid!!!

Please keep me sane,

Regards,

Gav

joepublic Mar 16th 2010 5:03 pm

Don't worry, you're on track

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8423982)
Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status:

Received_by Visa Office

Then when you clicked on that it said: (of course your dates would be different;))

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 24, 2009 (120 letter). Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on September 1, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Looks good to me. The next thing will be a change to 'in process' and then it should look like this:

Glam Mar 16th 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Don't worry, you're on track

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8424328)
Looks good to me. The next thing will be a change to 'in process' and then it should look like this:

cheers mate, a bit of reassurance always helps!!

Gav

humanist Mar 16th 2010 5:20 pm

Yep, mine's 'In Process'. But it has been for over a month, getting a bit worried now.

All I can think of is Cat 3 takes a bit longer because they have to check the Canadian Police Records & Immigration Systems.

We received your application for permanent residence on April 27, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 11, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 12, 2010.

joepublic Mar 16th 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8424361)
Yep, mine's 'In Process'. But it has been for over a month, getting a bit worried now.

I think you're panicking over nothing; mine's been 'in process' since the middle of January, although I did get my call for medicals within a week.

Glam Mar 16th 2010 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8424780)
I think you're panicking over nothing; mine's been 'in process' since the middle of January, although I did get my call for medicals within a week.

Cheers,

Looks like you're well on your way!!:thumbup:

Gav.

humanist Mar 16th 2010 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8424780)

Yep, well that's what's worrying me. In Process for 5 weeks and no medical request as yet.