British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

tracys Apr 15th 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8495455)
Hopefully the police check comes through soon. will be 3 weeks on thursday since we sent off for them.

Gaz

Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday :eek:

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

:thumbsup: we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Hi Gaz, was just wondering why you sent police certs off after med requests? Did you not sent them with the docs for 120 email?

We are waiting for ours, sent request on 29 March, so we can send all our supporting docs.

Tracy

Gaz67 Apr 15th 2010 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 8498578)
Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday :eek:

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

:thumbsup: we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz

Hi Gaz, was just wondering why you sent police certs off after med requests? Did you not sent them with the docs for 120 email?

We are waiting for ours, sent request on 29 March, so we can send all our supporting docs.

Tracy[/QUOTE]

Hi Tracy :0)

We had to submit another set of police certificates , as well as go for medicals and send PR fees .... the Certs we sent off with our 120 App had run out, they apparently only last 6 months

Cheers
Gaz

tracys Apr 15th 2010 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8498586)

Tracy

Hi Tracy :0)

We had to submit another set of police certificates , as well as go for medicals and send PR fees .... the Certs we sent off with our 120 App had run out, they apparently only last 6 months

Cheers
Gaz[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply Gaz. I thought they lasted a year, better hope they process us quickly once they get our docs or it'll cost us another £70!

Tracy

Martin99 Apr 15th 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by rkak12 (Post 8497493)
Sir , iam new to this forum, need help from you guys. I have sent my application to sydney nova scotia, application reached on 24 march 2010. and i have give my credit card number. i want to know how much time they will take , i have to open my credit card, please guid me.:fingerscrossed:

The best way to assess your likely timeline is by looking at the signature strips of others on this thread. That is why this thread was started.

Cheers

Martin

Bali2010 Apr 15th 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by rkak12 (Post 8497493)
Sir , iam new to this forum, need help from you guys. I have sent my application to sydney nova scotia, application reached on 24 march 2010. and i have give my credit card number. i want to know how much time they will take , i have to open my credit card, please guid me.:fingerscrossed:

My timeline sets out the arrival time of the application, date credit card was charged and when I got the 120 day email.

I suspect though that Xmas delayed it a little.

Bali

pfw Apr 15th 2010 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kamshaft (Post 8497775)
my fsw application got delivered on the 23rd of feb, but i aint heard anything, yours seems to of blasted through the pile lol,

It was quicker than I expected, was expecting to wait around another 3-4 weeks. I'm really not sure why (is FSW2 quicker?)

rkak12, we submitted credit card details with our app. The card was debited a couple of days ago (so we were expecting the letter anyway)

Silverdragon102 Apr 15th 2010 11:37 pm

I am still waiting to hear about our FSW sent in Jan and now cos it is taking so long expect it sent back as credit card now expired. Thinking about resubmitting now rather than wait as hubby's TWP runs out in Feb and don't want to loose time

rkak12 Apr 16th 2010 4:40 am

Originally Posted by pfw (Post 8499668)
It was quicker than I expected, was expecting to wait around another 3-4 weeks. I'm really not sure why (is FSW2 quicker?)

rkak12, we submitted credit card details with our app. The card was debited a couple of days ago (so we were expecting the letter anyway)

Thanks for the response, in which cat you have apply, i have applied in IT Manager. Thanks is advance and congrat for you AOR:thumbup:

Clematis Apr 16th 2010 8:02 pm

We received PPR today via email, happy does not go far enough as an expression in our household today.

Woo hoo :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck to all of you still waiting.

Clematis

Gaz67 Apr 16th 2010 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Clematis (Post 8501787)
We received PPR today via email, happy does not go far enough as an expression in our household today.

Clematis

GRATZ INDEED :thumbsup:

GAZ

Martin99 Apr 16th 2010 9:08 pm

Clematis

Congratulations and welcome to the thread!!!!

Clematis Apr 16th 2010 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8501899)
Congratulations and welcome to the thread!!!!

Thank you and thank you. Great thread.

humanist Apr 17th 2010 9:03 am

Phew! Had a letter from CIC London this morning asking me to submit two recent photographs ....after which they will submit a medical request! :thumbup:

However,

1. They didn't specify the type of photo, so I'm assuming it'll be the same as with my initial application.

2. In the letter they said I should use 'the enclosed label' when replying. There was no label! So what should I do? I guess I could just use the usual address with my case number on the front maybe.

Either way, I'm happy.

Tim.

kirbyking46 Apr 17th 2010 9:23 am

Clematis

Congratulations:thumbsup:

kirbyking46 Apr 17th 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8493427)
Great news, KK. I hope you have added them to your safe senders email list.

Good luck from here.

Cheers

Martin

You bet. Thanks again