British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Salmanizak Jul 25th 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi Everyone,

My application arrived at CIO on the 29th April this year. Has anybody with same or later date received the 120 days intimation?

I have seen people with 15th April date getting news but onward . . . . . .

Looking forward to your kind updates!

Jpod Jul 25th 2010 10:04 pm

Hi - my application was received on April 30 and I have yet to receive the 120-day email/letter.

Coming up to 3 months now, may try and contact them if I don't get anything this week.

Salmanizak Jul 26th 2010 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Jpod (Post 8727768)
Hi - my application was received on April 30 and I have yet to receive the 120-day email/letter.

Coming up to 3 months now, may try and contact them if I don't get anything this week.

Thanks! I have the same plans, so let's try to keep in touch for any further updates

Anybody else on the forum with these/closer time-lines :o??

Regards

hopeful2010 Jul 26th 2010 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 8728196)
Thanks! I have the same plans, so let's try to keep in touch for any further updates

Anybody else on the forum with these/closer time-lines :o??

Regards

Hi there,

Application delivered to CIO on June 25th........and so we wait !!!! I was thinking maybe next month but looking at your current timelines im not so optimistic now!!! Have you noticed any movement on your payment ???

Silverdragon102 Jul 26th 2010 11:23 am

helps if you put your time line in your signature so easier for members to follow

hopeful2010 Jul 26th 2010 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8728898)
helps if you put your time line in your signature so easier for members to follow

Hi Silverdargon,

Thanks for the tip , I added it so lets see if it works !!! ( hhhmmmmm i put it in so where is it ??)

Anyone know how hard it is to get your job offer approved My hubby has been offered work so we may go down the TSW road to get there quicker >> If we do this can we leave our current application as PR in place ??? or should it be withdrawn and a new application submitted from Canada !!!

One more question....Has anyone had a FSW application refused by the CIO in Nova Scotia and if so how long from they received the application till they let you know ??

Would love feedback !!!

woz718 Jul 26th 2010 1:06 pm

Unfortunately our FSW was returned. We submitted in April, but never found out until end of June. Apparently we put my husband's son (who is a not accompanying us) down on the wrong section. We understood that as he would not be coming with us and we have no contact with him we would not need to put him down in the main dependants section. We wouldn't even have been able to provide a recent photo or passport details as hubby hasn't seen him for 3 years. Additionally, they reckon our debit card details we provided did not have 6 months left to run (in fact they had over 7 months at the time, and we had to resubmit new card details as our card was compromised):frown: They then decided to remove hubby's job from the list which has really screwed up now.:thumbdown:and we are left wondering what to do and wondering where our lives are now going. Not good!!

lovekan Jul 26th 2010 1:51 pm

I m in a bit of a situation

I have been on Aust for 10 yes on work visa and had applies for pr on 2008 but due to immigration policy chafing all the tome my application was on last priority so I decided to apply for Canada under fsw I sent all my documents to the nd visa office on 29 th June , but fortunately on 22nd July my Australian pr got granted and now I don't know what to do please advise all seniors as to what ate my options

should I continue with my Canada pr process ? Or withdraw it?
If I continue once I enter canada how long do o Jace to officially stay there to get pr card and Ssn number etc, can I leave Canada after a month what's the minimum time I have to stay there?
If I withdraw my application do I get a refund as my documents have already been received by visa office??

Any advise will be appreciated

amrskipro Jul 26th 2010 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by lovekan (Post 8729267)
I m in a bit of a situation

I have been on Aust for 10 yes on work visa and had applies for pr on 2008 but due to immigration policy chafing all the tome my application was on last priority so I decided to apply for Canada under fsw I sent all my documents to the nd visa office on 29 th June , but fortunately on 22nd July my Australian pr got granted and now I don't know what to do please advise all seniors as to what ate my options

should I continue with my Canada pr process ? Or withdraw it?

Depends on whether you really want to live in Canada or not - if you are not really committed to living in Canada then would just be taking an immigration slot that the Canadian Governement has really allocated based on the best economic interests of Canada.

If I continue once I enter canada how long do o Jace to officially stay there to get pr card and Ssn number etc, can I leave Canada after a month what's the minimum time I have to stay there?

In theory yes - but see above not really why Canada has an immigration process

If I withdraw my application do I get a refund as my documents have already been received by visa office??

In theory yes - send them a case specific email and if they haven't actually begun processing they usually give a refund

Any advise will be appreciated

Hope that helps

CanadaJimmy Jul 26th 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8729177)
Unfortunately our FSW was returned. We submitted in April, but never found out until end of June.
They then decided to remove hubby's job from the list which has really screwed up now.:thumbdown:and we are left wondering what to do and wondering where our lives are now going. Not good!!

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. This change has really messed up a lot of people... I'm sure you will be able to find a solution though.

@hopeful2010: Lucky you got in just before the change! Good luck :)

hopeful2010 Jul 26th 2010 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8729177)
Unfortunately our FSW was returned. We submitted in April, but never found out until end of June. Apparently we put my husband's son (who is a not accompanying us) down on the wrong section. We understood that as he would not be coming with us and we have no contact with him we would not need to put him down in the main dependants section. We wouldn't even have been able to provide a recent photo or passport details as hubby hasn't seen him for 3 years. Additionally, they reckon our debit card details we provided did not have 6 months left to run (in fact they had over 7 months at the time, and we had to resubmit new card details as our card was compromised):frown: They then decided to remove hubby's job from the list which has really screwed up now.:thumbdown:and we are left wondering what to do and wondering where our lives are now going. Not good!!

Oh my god my heart is breaking reading this ...this is our worst nightmare at the moment ...we are just waiting to hear that big envelope land back on the mat some morning.....woz 718 i really really hope you find a solution to this ...best of luck to you!!

ali2010 Jul 28th 2010 10:28 am

My docs were received on 30th April, still no news, Waiting, how much time it will take approx?

Salmanizak Jul 28th 2010 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ali2010 (Post 8734295)
My docs were received on 30th April, still no news, Waiting, how much time it will take approx?

Hi Ali,

Though not authentic but a senior Immigration Lawyer told me to expect the 120 days intimation somewhere in August; by around the 10th may be. My application arrived one day before yours at CIO on the 29th of April (IT Manager)

The latest letter from CIO has been delivered on an application receive date of 17th per my knowledge. Payments for successful cases have been made around 3-4 weeks prior to the letter receipts. So if we are on track, we should check our payment deductions. I am checking mine as it was through draft from some bank in Canada, please do check yours and share outcomes

Regards

GERA Jul 28th 2010 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 8734333)
Hi Ali,

Though not authentic but a senior Immigration Lawyer told me to expect the 120 days intimation somewhere in August; by around the 10th may be. My application arrived one day before yours at CIO on the 29th of April (IT Manager)

The latest letter from CIO has been delivered on an application receive date of 17th per my knowledge. Payments for successful cases have been made around 3-4 weeks prior to the letter receipts. So if we are on track, we should check our payment deductions. I am checking mine as it was through draft from some bank in Canada, please do check yours and share outcomes

Regards

This might interest you.They updated the website yesterday...whether thi info is accurate or not who knows

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

You will see there that the CIC is currently working on applications recieved up to 7 May 2010.

For us who have already submitted our applications and are anxiously waiting for a response from our local office the time lines have increased slightly from what had been published earlier.I would assume that one would start counting from the date they recieved the AOR to determine when their case "might" be finalised

woz718 Jul 28th 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by hopeful2010 (Post 8729759)
Oh my god my heart is breaking reading this ...this is our worst nightmare at the moment ...we are just waiting to hear that big envelope land back on the mat some morning.....woz 718 i really really hope you find a solution to this ...best of luck to you!!

Well, all is not lost....we're now looking at NS CI stream!:D