British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

MapleSauce Jul 16th 2010 6:16 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Funky Florist (Post 8705929)
Oh god. Now I'm on tenterhooks. The suspense is worse than Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot. Are you going to open the envelope with as much drama as they do at the Oscars? :thumbup:

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 8705947)
oh my goodness :fingerscrossed: im excited for you

Woohoo!! AOR with new B number to use on ECAS. :eek::eek:

So happy, and i was so corny... opened it with a drum roll using my wooden spatula's.. lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now the wait for medicals starts!

It states that processing times for my category (FSW1) take 12 months to process on average at the London Visa office. So a BBQ in summer 2011 in a cottage in Ontario sounds just about right.

Good luck to every else. I'm now going to drink some Bulmers and nice hot pepperoni pizza. :D

shazza69 Jul 16th 2010 6:22 pm

Woohoo!! AOR with new B number to use on ECAS.
oh wow im so excited for you CONGRATULATIONS. fingers crossed i get a brown envelope any day then. xx

StopTheClocks Jul 17th 2010 12:26 am

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8706598)

Stop the Clocks - PM me if you are going to be in Vancouver and I will email you the clinic that can handle everything and actually charges a little bit less than some of the others.

Hey! Thank you.. I will do :)
Are you based in the uk or london now?
Cheers!!

kat-b Jul 17th 2010 2:22 am

Hi everyone,

So my debit card was finally charged on 15 July 2010, i am so happy! :-)) I was concerned it had been lost in the post and i'd have to apply again under new rules ...now for 120 day email.........

kat

Des and Chris Jul 17th 2010 7:15 am

Passport requests received on 15th July. :) Now the dilemna we are going on holiday within the 45 day deadline and don't return until the deadline has passed!!

Bali2010 Jul 17th 2010 10:58 am

Great news MS, kat-b & Des & Chris:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8706684)
Woohoo!! AOR with new B number to use on ECAS. :eek::eek:

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8707424)
Hi everyone,

So my debit card was finally charged on 15 July 2010, i am so happy! :-)) I was concerned it had been lost in the post and i'd have to apply again under new rules ...now for 120 day email.........

kat

Originally Posted by Des and Chris (Post 8707766)
Passport requests received on 15th July. :) Now the dilemna we are going on holiday within the 45 day deadline and don't return until the deadline has passed!!

Martin99 Jul 18th 2010 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8708071)
Great news MS, kat-b & Des & Chris:thumbsup:

Congratulations from me, too!

Brunti Jul 18th 2010 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8677217)
They will not send you results - you have to guesimate from the reaction of the doctor & whatever the x-ray tech said.

We asked to get a copy of our blood/ urine test sent to us by the lab (they offered to our surprise) so we knew we were clear in that category within 10 days of our medical. And we asked the x-ray tech directly if he had seen anything that may concern them. We guessed from the way that the doctor went through the questions quickly and did not pause for further questioning that we were going to be okay (I declared an impending knee surgery which did not bother him at all).

Good luck - took four weeks for PPR for us. Hopefully your progress will be nice and quick too.

Thanks - out of interest has your ECAS status changed from "In Process". If so, when and what does it say now?

lovekan Jul 19th 2010 7:44 am

sent all my documents to ND on 29th june, so now twh waiting game begins...

how much time before i get the new AOR?

ahmadsh Jul 19th 2010 9:59 am

Hi

Can any one tell me what and when I should be expecting next.

case to CIO Sydney - Feb 4th 2010
120 days email - 6th April 2010
Documents received by Canadian Embassy London - 17 May 2010
No confirmation email / letter yet..

I am not sure would be I be getting AOR by email OR Letter? And can any one share how long would I have to wait more for AOR?

Thanks

Ahmadsh

Martin99 Jul 19th 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ahmadsh (Post 8711982)
Hi

I am not sure would be I be getting AOR by email OR Letter? And can any one share how long would I have to wait more for AOR?

Thanks

Ahmadsh

Please check the signature strips of the posters on this thread. They will give you a useful guide as to the steps and likely timings.

Cheers

Martin

LinsyPinsy Jul 19th 2010 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by ahmadsh (Post 8711982)
Hi

Thanks

Ahmadsh

It is sooo random these days. Brunti has got AOR after me, yet has got passport requests already and I haven't even moved to 'in process' yet...:cry_smile:

CanadaJimmy Jul 19th 2010 10:45 pm

No real updates from me, just recently discovered it is actually possible to pay for police certificates via bank transfer if you email them, which was useful for me seeing as I have a UK bank account but left my chequebook behind...

My IELTS test is on the 31st July. I'm looking forward to getting that out the way, and the application submitted off in mid-august. CIC returned my application to me and it arrived at the start of july, obviously they were expecting a lot of invalid documents so were able to return them quickly.

Still I'm one of these people who thinks everything happens for a reason, so I'm probably going to put Buffalo as the visa office this time around. Keep it within the official Canadian system. Don't know how much difference it will make but seeing how London CHC don't seem to have quite caught up with the new requirements I feel a bit more comfortable with Buffalo.

I'm intending to extend my Work Permit for another year in January using my original LMO since that expires near the start of 2011. I am hoping they do not check that the salary I have been receiving is considerably lower than that on the LMO. I doubt anyone here has any experience with such an issue but if anyone has "gotten away" with that it'd be reassuring to hear.

All in all it's the usual trying-not-to-think-about-it underlying stress of immigration, and I'm anxiously awaiting the light at the end of the tunnel. It's really got to the point whenever someone asks me about my immigration status I feel like crap for the following few days cos it's dredges up all the feelings of anxiety. Oh well, I'll get there in the end I hope... :eek:

AmyDavid Jul 19th 2010 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 8713672)
I'm intending to extend my Work Permit for another year in January using my original LMO since that expires near the start of 2011. I am hoping they do not check that the salary I have been receiving is considerably lower than that on the LMO. I doubt anyone here has any experience with such an issue but if anyone has "gotten away" with that it'd be reassuring to hear.

Just double check the LMO point - I am sure, when we had a nightmare last year with our LMO that I was told the LMO expires once it has been used - that it cannot be used again - ie you have to get a new one if you wish to extend your WP.

This, of course, may be a complete load of codswallop, but please check...just incase!

amrskipro Jul 19th 2010 11:42 pm

regarding LMO expiring - that is what I was told too. Mine was limited to a period of time that was triggered when I entered Canada, not when I started working (despite the work dates being clearly stipulated on the LMO). I was also told that there was no way around it etc by every IO I dealt with.

When I requested an extension it was rejected and it required a new LMO to get the 'extension' we required to meet the terms of the original LMO.

Good luck but I would not be surprised to see that an extension without a new LMO is rejected, if you leave it as late as possible you will be on implied status until the rejection comes back and they are taking in excess of 90 days to deal with change/ extension applications most of the time (a CSIS member might have more up to date time lines).

The question I have is why wasn't your work permit entered into your passport for the period stipulated on your LMO in the first place? Seems a bit strange - can you remember the IO saying anything about this?

This would be the tack that I would take with any extension request. Good luck.