British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

hopeful2010 Jul 28th 2010 5:06 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8734834)
Well, all is not lost....we're now looking at NS CI stream!:D

Hi There,

sorry im a bit lost , im kinda new to all this Visa talk....what do you mean by NS CI....well best of luck with it whatever route you take and i would love an explanation if you have the time ...it could be very useful if we get turned down as my husbands occupation is off the list too!!!

hopeful2010 Jul 28th 2010 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by hopeful2010 (Post 8735234)
Hi There,

sorry im a bit lost , im kinda new to all this Visa talk....what do you mean by NS CI....well best of luck with it whatever route you take and i would love an explanation if you have the time ...it could be very useful if we get turned down as my husbands occupation is off the list too!!!

It ok i googled it and found out !!!! Like i said best of luck if this works for you , you will be there and well settled months before us !!!

amrskipro Jul 28th 2010 6:45 pm

Passports returned yesterday with nice shiny visa stickers inserted and some casually foldering paperwork. Visa issued 15 Jul 2010, postpack post dated 24 Jul, arrived back with us on 27 Jul 2010.

Essentially about six weeks from medicals to visa issue plus some admin and postage time. :thumbsup:

Note that we used the fastest tracking courier method everytime we sent something to CIC.

Just working out the semantics of when we land, making sure that we have insurance and the huge goods to follow on list (UK house).

For those that follow the ECAS ours changed to "Decision Made" on 20 Jul 2010 - so the Tuesday after the passport had been 'visa'd'. To be honest though ECAS has not been something that I have hung my hopes on through out the process as it seems to be a little erratic.

MapleSauce Jul 28th 2010 6:56 pm

Oh man - thats great news. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm applying 0213 as well, and am waiting for Med requests now. Thanks for updating the timelines!

Bali2010 Jul 28th 2010 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8734834)
Well, all is not lost....we're now looking at NS CI stream!:D

ooh, I really hope that route works for you:fingerscrossed::)

Bali2010 Jul 28th 2010 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8735531)
Passports returned yesterday with nice shiny visa stickers inserted and some casually foldering paperwork. Visa issued 15 Jul 2010, postpack post dated 24 Jul, arrived back with us on 27 Jul 2010.

great news - congrats:thumbsup:

Brunti Jul 28th 2010 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8735531)

Essentially about six weeks from medicals to visa issue plus some admin and postage time. :thumbsup:

Note that we used the fastest tracking courier method everytime we sent something to CIC.

Just working out the semantics of when we land, making sure that we have insurance and the huge goods to follow on list (UK house).

For those that follow the ECAS ours changed to "Decision Made" on 20 Jul 2010 - so the Tuesday after the passport had been 'visa'd'. To be honest though ECAS has not been something that I have hung my hopes on through out the process as it seems to be a little erratic.

Congratulations mate - it was all worth it in the end then?? :thumbsup:

amrskipro Jul 28th 2010 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 8736071)
Congratulations mate - it was all worth it in the end then?? :thumbsup:

I have always had as my motto:

"The test of character is not hanging in there when you expect light at the end of the tunnel but performance and persistence of example when you know that no light is coming."

It has been a bit like that mainly due to the lack of progress related information throughout the process (we have a 2007 application sitting there going no where as well - asking for a refund on that one once we flag pole).

Lots of good friends, family support and prayer has got us through. Having everyone else's experience and time lines on this forum has also helped (hence why people should have good time line signatures)

amrskipro Jul 28th 2010 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8735568)
Oh man - thats great news. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm applying 0213 as well, and am waiting for Med requests now. Thanks for updating the timelines!

Jan 2011 then if the time lines stay similar - good luck, be a good new year present for you.

dasalcedo Jul 29th 2010 5:06 am

Guys.... got my medical request yesterday.... just wanted to share.

Good luck to you all.

GERA Jul 29th 2010 9:17 am

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8736581)

Good luck to you all.

Congrdz to you .....You are almost there

Bali2010 Jul 29th 2010 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8736581)

Good luck to you all.

great news on the progress:thumbup:

humanist Jul 29th 2010 8:29 pm

Why oh why is my application so slow :( <sigh>

AmyDavid Jul 29th 2010 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8738727)
Why oh why is my application so slow :( <sigh>

It isn't really - specially as you only sent your RPRFs on 11th June - I would expect to hear back from them mid August.

kat-b Jul 30th 2010 5:16 pm

YAY 120 day email received today 30 JULY 2010 :D