British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

GERA Jan 18th 2010 7:31 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8247535)
It is a good feeling, isn't it?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Just need your advise ...
1.Did you submit business cards from your previous employer
2.One of my employers can provide "Record of Service" but not a a list of duties performed under the title (I.e.Reference) The company law stipulates should one need this information they can give a telephonic reference.Will CHC accept a "Record of Service""?
3.Did you submit Payslips?If yes for current or previous employees
4.Did you submit Income tax certificate?I have been following other forums ,I see other people are submitting these and yet thats not a requirment as far as the "Country specific forms for Canada"

Martin99 Jan 18th 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8258280)
2.One of my employers can provide "Record of Service" but not a a list of duties performed under the title (I.e.Reference) The company law stipulates should one need this information they can give a telephonic reference.Will CHC accept a "Record of Service""?
4.Did you submit Income tax certificate?I have been following other forums ,I see other people are submitting these and yet thats not a requirment as far as the "Country specific forms for Canada"

Yes, I asked my previous employers to attach business cards to their reference letters, as required by the CHC rules.

If you can only supply a record of service then you may need to explain why in a covering letter to the CHC. How are you going to prove that your duties match those on the NOC list? Do you have an employment contract to show these?

I did not submit payslips or income tax records.

Cheers

Martin

GERA Jan 18th 2010 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8258511)
Yes, I asked my previous employers to attach business cards to their reference letters, as required by the CHC rules.

If you can only supply a record of service then you may need to explain why in a covering letter to the CHC. How are you going to prove that your duties match those on the NOC list? Do you have an employment contract to show these?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

The other 3 employers are more than willing supply me with the duties list ,it is just this one company I previously worked for that do not provide this break down of duties in written form but rather telephonically.

joepublic Jan 18th 2010 10:27 am

Medicals already . . .

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8241185)
Another update for the Sydney, NS band of brothers. My status changed to 'in process' as per yesterday (see sig block) :thumbup:

More news - our medical requests arrived in the post today, talk about quick. At least it gives us more time to prepare our case once they find out our daughter has Asperger's Syndrome. Now the fun begins . . .

Gaz67 Jan 18th 2010 11:22 am

Re: Medicals already . . .

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8258713)
More news - our medical requests arrived in the post today, talk about quick. At least it gives us more time to prepare our case once they find out our daughter has Asperger's Syndrome. Now the fun begins . . .

gratz mate , good luck :thumbup:

Gaz

purple80 Jan 18th 2010 11:47 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8258280)

1. Yes
2. That will do it, as Martin has said just enclose a covering letter.
3. Only for current employment, but we are already in Canada on Work Permits.
4. No.....UK residents do not need to do this.

We had a problem with sereral references, my OH has essentially worked for the same employer, but the companies have been taken over my larger companies. This meant that he could not get references from those companies. We sent copies of anything we had relating to those jobs. Contracts, job description, yearly reviews.

Update on our progress, my eldest daughter (13) and I will be going for our repeat x rays next week, I am not expecting our DMP to get the sputum results until the end of February, I am hoping that all of our results will reach London by mid March.

This means that we will have to renew work permits at the end of March, we are very lucky and have managed to renew OH LMO without any problems. just another drive to Buffalo.....

GERA Jan 18th 2010 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8258956)
1. Yes

We had a problem with sereral references, my OH has essentially worked for the same employer, but the companies have been taken over my larger companies. This meant that he could not get references from those companies. We sent copies of anything we had relating to those jobs. Contracts, job description, yearly reviews.

Update on our progress, my eldest daughter (13) and I will be going for out repeat x rays next week, I am not expecting our DMP to get the sputum results until the end of February, I am hoping that all of our results will reach London by mid March.

This means that we will have to renew work permits at the end of March, we are very lucky and have managed to renew OH LMO without any problems. just another drive to Buffalo.....

thank you for info it will assist .All the best on your meds

Martin99 Jan 18th 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8258578)
Hi Martin,

The other 3 employers are more than willing supply me with the duties list ,it is just this one company I previously worked for that do not provide this break down of duties in written form but rather telephonically.

As long as you explain this in the covering letter then you should be ok. You could always provide that employer's telephone number to show you have nothing to hide.

I had to explain that one of my previous employers no longer existed!

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 18th 2010 3:42 pm

Good news!

Was it a combined medical and passport request letter or solely a medical one?

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 18th 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8258956)
1. Yes

Update on our progress, my eldest daughter (13) and I will be going for our repeat x rays next week, I am not expecting our DMP to get the sputum results until the end of February, I am hoping that all of our results will reach London by mid March.

I hope the repeat tests are ok, Charlie.

Good luck

Martin

Binty Jan 18th 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Joepublic

WOW:D that's fantastic news and good luck :fingerscrossed:

We're about 4-weeks behind you ..... hope our's is as quick.

Binty

LinsyPinsy Jan 18th 2010 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8258511)

Cheers

Martin

Martin,
Is it only for the last 10 years or ALL past employment history. My OH is having MAJOR trouble with almost all previous employers. They dont hold records for longer than 5-7 years and he does not have all payslips. This should be fun....not:unsure:
linsy

julietaba Jan 18th 2010 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8260142)
Martin,
Is it only for the last 10 years or ALL past employment history. My OH is having MAJOR trouble with almost all previous employers. They dont hold records for longer than 5-7 years and he does not have all payslips. This should be fun....not:unsure:
linsy

We are having the same problems trying to get all the work experience information together for the 120 letter. My husbands previous employer, a university, only seems to keep records for 7 years! We are trying to cobble together as much information as possible to show that he actually worked there. I hope that will be enough - its a nightmare!! Good luck to everyone else! Julie

LinsyPinsy Jan 18th 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by julietaba (Post 8260202)
We are having the same problems trying to get all the work experience information together for the 120 letter. My husbands previous employer, a university, only seems to keep records for 7 years! We are trying to cobble together as much information as possible to show that he actually worked there. I hope that will be enough - its a nightmare!! Good luck to everyone else! Julie

Cheers Julie,
Are photos req for the 120 day response?
lnsy

joinerboy Jan 18th 2010 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8260142)
Martin,
linsy

References that relate to your chosen NOC are the
ones of importance as this part of your employment history
will detail or should detail your duties. So work
on the references in this category and make
sure these confirm the
number of years experience you have claimed for on your application form.
Hope this helps

Regards
Joinerboy