British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

kat-b Jul 30th 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi everyone,

I am completely confused about IETLS. If I applied before JUNE 26 can I still submit a written submission instead of taking the test as per the pre JUNE 26 rules or do I have to follow the new visa office instructions and take the test now. It will be a pain in the as if I do as its at least a month until the next date :-( Is anyone else in this position? HELP!

Katie

PMM Jul 30th 2010 7:13 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8740954)
Hi everyone,

I am completely confused about IETLS. If I applied before JUNE 26 can I still submit a written submission instead of taking the test as per the pre JUNE 26 rules or do I have to follow the new visa office instructions and take the test now. It will be a pain in the as if I do as its at least a month until the next date :-( Is anyone else in this position? HELP!

Katie

If you applied prior to 26/06/10 then you either had to submit written proof of your language ability and how you use it in everyday life and if you were educated in English and whether it was the country's language, or used a home etc. etc. etc. or IELTS. If you submitted after 10/04/10 CIC/CHC will not give you a chance to take IELTs if your written language abilities doesn't prove your abilities.

hopeful2010 Jul 30th 2010 7:20 pm

[QUOTE=kat-b;8740793]YAY 120 day email received today 30 JULY 2010 :D[/QUO

Great news Congrats!!!:thumbup:

kat-b Jul 30th 2010 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8740988)
Hi

If you applied prior to 26/06/10 then you either had to submit written proof of your language ability and how you use it in everyday life and if you were educated in English and whether it was the country's language, or used a home etc. etc. etc. or IELTS. If you submitted after 10/04/10 CIC/CHC will not give you a chance to take IELTs if your written language abilities doesn't prove your abilities.

Hi

Sorry one more time just to clarify.........My application was received at CIO end of April 2010 (PRIOR TO JUNE 2010) and I just received the 120 day email today (30 JULY 2010). I plan to send my documents to the London Visa Office in the next few weeks. I understand from your post that I can send a written submission (as I applied under the old rules) BUT I won't be given a second chance at the points as I applied after April 10 2010)??

I'm happy to take this risk as long as ling as I'm not expected to adhere to the NEW visa office instructions which are now the only ones on the CIC website.

Sorry to go on but I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as you, don't want to screw this up!!

Thanks
Katie
Katie

kat-b Jul 30th 2010 7:24 pm

[QUOTE=hopeful2010;8741005]

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8740793)
YAY 120 day email received today 30 JULY 2010 :D[/QUO

Great news Congrats!!!:thumbup:

Bali2010 Jul 30th 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8740793)
YAY 120 day email received today 30 JULY 2010 :D

double yay:thumbsup:

Melsa Jul 31st 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8736581)
Guys.... got my medical request yesterday.... just wanted to share.

Good luck to you all.

Hi Dasalcedo, what occupation have you applied under? I'm a nurse and got AOR in March and haven't heard a thing from CIC. Just curious if some occupations are being processed faster than others as you got AOR after me and you are now way ahead with medical requests. I'm starting to wonder if mine is lost or on the rejected pile?!

Melsa:(

Jpod Aug 1st 2010 11:12 am

Katie - congratulations, that's great news! My docs were delivered around the same time as yours so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear in the next couple of weeks.

Do keep everyone posted as to your progress.

Jools

dasalcedo Aug 1st 2010 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Melsa (Post 8741993)
Hi Dasalcedo, what occupation have you applied under? I'm a nurse and got AOR in March and haven't heard a thing from CIC. Just curious if some occupations are being processed faster than others as you got AOR after me and you are now way ahead with medical requests. I'm starting to wonder if mine is lost or on the rejected pile?!

Melsa:(

hi Melsa, I applied with my wife as a main applicant. She is Physiotherapist.

Hope you hear from them soon.

kat-b Aug 1st 2010 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jpod (Post 8743915)
Katie - congratulations, that's great news! My docs were delivered around the same time as yours so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear in the next couple of weeks.

Do keep everyone posted as to your progress.

Jools

Thanks I will do! Good luck I hope you hear soon :-) Did you take ielts yet or are you going to?

kat-b Aug 1st 2010 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 8669944)
Nice one for getting your 120 day email, I too am in the same situation as you gathering those all important documents.

:thumbsup:

Just wondering did you send IELTS on your timeline or just a written submission??

lovekan Aug 2nd 2010 4:03 am

Need some advise

my application has reached visa office but has not started the eligibility process.

i recently chaged my employer still in teh same NOC code, do i need to inform the visa office?

please let me know what i need to do and how?

amrskipro Aug 2nd 2010 4:06 am

Originally Posted by lovekan (Post 8745491)
Need some advise

my application has reached visa office but has not started the eligibility process.

i recently chaged my employer still in teh same NOC code, do i need to inform the visa office?

please let me know what i need to do and how?

Some information regarding what sort of application you have made might help people provide sensible advice.

lovekan Aug 2nd 2010 5:02 am

Originally Posted by amrskipro (Post 8745495)
Some information regarding what sort of application you have made might help people provide sensible advice.

its the fsw my application reached visa office in ND on 29th june and is pending review.

sdo1982 Aug 2nd 2010 9:29 am

Hi all, my FSW app arrived at NS on the 23rd April, Still waiting for them to cash the bankers draft... that expires on the 3rd Sept... Fingers crossed! :(