British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

snowdogs Aug 10th 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

My app was signed for on 16 may still no charge on cc as yet . I think someone in Sidney needs to keep ringing cic' door bell just to keep waking em up.

LinsyPinsy Aug 11th 2010 1:08 am

Originally Posted by wordlywise (Post 8765129)
Hi Lins, any news?? None at my end :confused:

Nothing at our end either...looks like our plans for coming out next March may be scuppered at this rate.

Leaving Vancouver for rainy Glasgow tomorrow to make matters worse!:thumbdown::mad:

lns

wordlywise Aug 11th 2010 1:30 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8767878)
Nothing at our end either...looks like our plans for coming out next March may be scuppered at this rate.

lns

I actually had plans for reaching earlier than that ... but cant even think about it now considering the pace they're processing files ..:(

On the other hand, I know couple of people here who's got AOR after 10 June, and have already been assesed for medicals and now waiting for RPRF :confused: Donno whats going on :frown:

Waggle Aug 11th 2010 10:47 am

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 8757365)
Im in the same boat, 23rd April. Still no movement, and the bankers draft expires soon...

Not much we can do but sit tight and hope!

That's a good point. We are hoping to send our app with full documents next week, including banker's draft for the initial $550 CAD each. My bank tells me the draft is valid for 6 months. What happens if 6 months into our processing they haven't cashed it yet? Do we need to send another one or just watch our application fail when they finally decide to?

Perhaps being a pessimist and should cross this bridge if we come to it, but I just like to be prepared as possible ;)

Wayne.

sdo1982 Aug 11th 2010 11:52 am

Technically they should request another form of payment, after all it is their fault for taking so long... In reality is this going to happen... I am guessing I may be about to find out come the 3rd Sept!
There seem to be quite a few of us in the same boat, hopefully I should know a little more come monday.

christmasoompa Aug 11th 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 8768929)
Technically they should request another form of payment, after all it is their fault for taking so long... In reality is this going to happen... I am guessing I may be about to find out come the 3rd Sept!
There seem to be quite a few of us in the same boat, hopefully I should know a little more come monday.

They don't seem to be asking for another method of payment at the moment, and seem to be using any excuse to refuse people (although mainly people whose jobs were on the old list, and are not on the new one). Don't give them the opportunity, do send another draft if necessary, or use a credit or debit card instead.

Funky Florist Aug 11th 2010 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8769111)
They don't seem to be asking for another method of payment at the moment, and seem to be using any excuse to refuse people (although mainly people whose jobs were on the old list, and are not on the new one). Don't give them the opportunity, do send another draft if necessary, or use a credit or debit card instead.

We sent a bankers draft with our full application pack to London. The funds come out of the bank account when the draft is issued. I don't suppose you know whether they are refunded automatically? And when would be the best time to send another draft - when they request it, or just before the other one expires?

Honestly, all this waiting drives you crackers!

ali2010 Aug 11th 2010 2:26 pm

Has anybody 30th April or later got 120 days email. My docs were received on 30th but no update so far. :(

LMBrian Aug 11th 2010 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ali2010 (Post 8769326)
Has anybody 30th April or later got 120 days email. My docs were received on 30th but no update so far. :(

Mine were received on April 30th also and still no response :confused:

AmyDavid Aug 11th 2010 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Funky Florist (Post 8769123)
We sent a bankers draft with our full application pack to London. The funds come out of the bank account when the draft is issued. I don't suppose you know whether they are refunded automatically? And when would be the best time to send another draft - when they request it, or just before the other one expires?

Honestly, all this waiting drives you crackers!

If you ask your bank - they should be able to tell you when it was cashed and when it expires.

Kaye5 Aug 12th 2010 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jpod (Post 8766302)
Thanks - I contacted them last Friday via an email address somebody posted on this thread a while back. Do you think it is worth writing as well?

Did you get any response to the email? We are also still waiting. Delivered 28 April. As you know, J, we are on the "old list". I have a horrible, paranoid feeling they may be putting old listers to the back of the queue. Either that or we are all on someone's desk who is away on holiday!!

To make matters even more stressful, we had to submit new payment details while we were in Canada at the end of July as our credit card was compromised - if anyone needs to do this, we sent another payment form with the new details by Fedex to the 196 George St address.

AmyDavid Aug 12th 2010 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8772137)
Did you get any response to the email? We are also still waiting. Delivered 28 April. As you know, J, we are on the "old list". I have a horrible, paranoid feeling they may be putting old listers to the back of the queue. Either that or we are all on someone's desk who is away on holiday!!

To make matters even more stressful, we had to submit new payment details while we were in Canada at the end of July as our credit card was compromised - if anyone needs to do this, we sent another payment form with the new details by Fedex to the 196 George St address.

I hate to say this but....did you speak with CIO about the compromised card or did youjust send in a new payment form and ask them to attach it to the application pack.

Kaye5 Aug 12th 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8772151)
I hate to say this but....did you speak with CIO about the compromised card or did youjust send in a new payment form and ask them to attach it to the application pack.

Oh, they know about it, and we got a name to send to!

sdo1982 Aug 12th 2010 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8772137)
I have a horrible, paranoid feeling they may be putting old listers to the back of the queue.

Exactly what seems to be happening! :thumbdown:

AmyDavid Aug 12th 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8772164)
Oh, they know about it, and we got a name to send to!

That is fine then! You should be okay - they are just a bit slow at the moment because of the rule change!

Finger, toes and ears crossed for you :0)