British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Apr 21st 2010 7:02 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8511463)
Medical Requests received this morning :thumbup:

They also wrote on the letter that the previous letter asking for photographs was sent in error.

Good news!

Martin99 Apr 24th 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8499773)
I am still waiting to hear about our FSW sent in Jan and now cos it is taking so long expect it sent back as credit card now expired. Thinking about resubmitting now rather than wait as hubby's TWP runs out in Feb and don't want to loose time

Any news yet, SD?

Cheers

Martin

Silverdragon102 Apr 24th 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8518507)
Any news yet, SD?

Cheers

Martin

Nothing so have resent the forms (cos credit card has expired) and signed for on the 21st in Sydney.

Martin99 Apr 25th 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8519117)
Nothing so have resent the forms (cos credit card has expired) and signed for on the 21st in Sydney.

How annoying that must be! :frown:

Silverdragon102 Apr 25th 2010 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8520198)
How annoying that must be! :frown:

Very annoying but hope we can get everything sorted before his TWP expires in Feb next year

LinsyPinsy Apr 25th 2010 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8520210)
Very annoying but hope we can get everything sorted before his TWP expires in Feb next year

Apologies if you have done this already...but have you emailed them? Cos you have waited ages!!!
lns

Silverdragon102 Apr 25th 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8520495)
Apologies if you have done this already...but have you emailed them? Cos you have waited ages!!!
lns

Didn't bother emailing Sydney cos we know credit card has expired and we sent the forms back to them 12th Jan (CC not expired until end of Feb) and waited until 18th April before sending new forms off. We had the forms sent back to us well within 8 weeks the first time and if I hadn't realised I had not completed visa office details in we would probably be well on the way with Sydney finished with but what's done is done so moving on

LinsyPinsy Apr 25th 2010 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8520523)
Didn't bother emailing Sydney cos we know credit card has expired and we sent the forms back to them 12th Jan (CC not expired until end of Feb) and waited until 18th April before sending new forms off. We had the forms sent back to us well within 8 weeks the first time and if I hadn't realised I had not completed visa office details in we would probably be well on the way with Sydney finished with but what's done is done so moving on

it's frustrating, i know. We forgot something on our first form and got it returned. If we had got it right we'd be much further ahead with meds done probably and could've easlily have landed in August during our holiday...Aahhh.
lns

Martin99 Apr 26th 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8520707)
it's frustrating, i know. We forgot something on our first form and got it returned. If we had got it right we'd be much further ahead with meds done probably and could've easlily have landed in August during our holiday...Aahhh.
lns

Not long now, Ins.

My wife and I are looking froward to our Aug/Sept visit to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Counting down the days!

Cheers

Martin

Clematis Apr 26th 2010 12:44 pm

Our passports arrived in London on Friday, now we await their return!

Martin99 Apr 26th 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Clematis (Post 8522074)
Our passports arrived in London on Friday, now we await their return!

The best bit awaits you! :)

StopTheClocks Apr 26th 2010 9:38 pm

Permanent Residence Application Status

In Process

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D:D:D:D:D

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooO

just got back from seeing ricky gervais too at Wembley!!!

best night so far in 2010!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gaz67 Apr 26th 2010 9:49 pm

just got back from seeing ricky gervais too at Wembley!!!

best night so far in 2010!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/QUOTE]

GREAT NEWS INDEED

GRATZ :thumbup:

Gaz

humanist Apr 26th 2010 10:03 pm

Oh crap, went for medicals today. I'm fit and healthy ....but he discovered a previously unknown heart murmur.

He said there's "no way" this will stop me getting to Canada because it seems quite mild. But I now have to book an appointment with a Cardiologist and face a delay of, well, who knows how long :(

So I'll just have to travel back and forth between Toronto and the UK to see my Canadian Girlfriend for a while longer. This really is turning into a saga!

StopTheClocks Apr 26th 2010 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8523147)
Oh crap, went for medicals today. I'm fit and healthy ....but he discovered a previously unknown heart murmur.

He said there's "no way" this will stop me getting to Canada because it seems quite mild. But I now have to book an appointment with a Cardiologist and face a delay of, well, who knows how long :(

So I'll just have to travel back and forth between Toronto and the UK to see my Canadian Girlfriend for a while longer. This really is turning into a saga!

I feel for you mate... Glad they spotted something like this now than later..

It will all work out in the end .. best of luck !