British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Can2010 Apr 29th 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8523085)
Permanent Residence Application Status

In Process

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooO

just got back from seeing ricky gervais too at Wembley!!!

best night so far in 2010!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D:D:D
:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

humanist Apr 29th 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8523147)
Oh crap, went for medicals today. I'm fit and healthy ....but he discovered a previously unknown heart murmur.

He said there's "no way" this will stop me getting to Canada because it seems quite mild. But I now have to book an appointment with a Cardiologist and face a delay of, well, who knows how long :(

So I'll just have to travel back and forth between Toronto and the UK to see my Canadian Girlfriend for a while longer. This really is turning into a saga!

Phew!

Just got back from the Cardiologist. I'm fine, there is a heart murmur, but it's due to a powerful heart pumping too much blood, there's nothing physically wrong with me.

I'm so bloody relieved! This week has taught me a lot about stress-management and it's definitely made me aware of my own mortality!

Thanks for your support everyone, what a great forum this is.

Tim.

Miss Clinique Apr 29th 2010 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Can2010 (Post 8530992)
Hope you'll receive your Meds requests soon!:fingerscrossed:

Thanks - you too

I expect they are a good few months away. It will be nice to see it all done and dusted our LMO runs out next March, it seems like a long way away but the way our luck has gone so far.......

Miss Clinique Apr 29th 2010 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by humanist (Post 8531021)
Phew!

Just got back from the Cardiologist. I'm fine, there is a heart murmur, but it's due to a powerful heart pumping too much blood, there's nothing physically wrong with me.

I'm so bloody relieved! This week has taught me a lot about stress-management and it's definitely made me aware of my own mortality!

Tim.

Great news :thumbsup:

LinsyPinsy Apr 29th 2010 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8530494)
We have had an email this morning from our Immigration Lawyer conatining a copy of the AOR he recieved from CIC yesterday :)

Another hurdle jumped - tons more to go.

Just delighted for you...as you say another hurdle jumped. Having a wee bacardi and coke for to to help you celebrate.
lnsy

LinsyPinsy Apr 29th 2010 8:15 pm

Phew!

Tim.

Oh so much good news...best get a second bacardi and coke. :devil_smile:
lnsy

Martin99 Apr 30th 2010 7:13 am

Phew!

Tim.

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Gaz67 Apr 30th 2010 7:26 am

Gratz on the progress Miss C , Lins & Can :0)

:thumbsup:

Gaz

Martin99 Apr 30th 2010 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8532516)
Gratz on the progress Miss C , Lins & Can :0)

:thumbsup:

Gaz

Enjoy your "landing" next week, Gaz. You've earned it!

Any sight of those PPRs?

Cheers

Martin

Binty Apr 30th 2010 3:27 pm

Congratulations to all that have just received their good news :thumbsup:

Should I be getting concerned or am I just getting paranoid :confused: We had our meds 7-weeks ago, DMP says everything went off to london ok
(6-weeks ago) and our RPRF draft has been cashed, but not a dickie bird since.......:huh:

Binty

Binty Apr 30th 2010 10:13 pm

OK, concerned it is then..... Just got a call from our immigration people saying CHC has requested further tests from me :(

I have to take a sputum test to confirm that whatever they've found on my x-ray is 'inactive' TB :eek: I went into an immediate panic and looked up the symptoms of TB on the net and I don't have any single symptom listed. I also had the BCG injection at school.

:fingerscrossed: that this will turn out to be just a set back in our application and nothing horrible :( can't help but worry though.......

Binty

humanist Apr 30th 2010 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8533994)
OK, concerned it is then..... Just got a call from our immigration people saying CHC has requested further tests from me :(

I have to take a sputum test to confirm that whatever they've found on my x-ray is 'inactive' TB :eek: I went into an immediate panic and looked up the symptoms of TB on the net and I don't have any single symptom listed. I also had the BCG injection at school.

:fingerscrossed: that this will turn out to be just a set back in our application and nothing horrible :( can't help but worry though.......

Binty

Really sorry to hear that! I've never heard of 'inactive TB'.

I hope it all works out.

Clematis May 1st 2010 2:37 am

Phew!

Tim.

Phew is the understatement of the year glad all is ok. :thumbsup:

Binty

I had to do this as well, if there is anything slightly suspect on your x ray CHC will ask for TB testing and a repeat x ray, you may have had an infection in the past.

BCG does not protect you from all the different strains of TB. TB is treatable and would not affect you getting PR, attending for treatment would be a condition of you PR.

Having to do this caused a massive delay for us, put we got PPR in the end.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Binty May 1st 2010 6:39 am

Thanks Guys, I'll let you know how it goes :fingerscrossed:

Binty

Bali2010 May 1st 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8524124)
Cheers Mark :0)

We fly to Vancouver next friday so hopefully the letter will arrive before then so we can take it with us ...

Cheers
Gaz

good luck with the trip Gaz - hope by now you have PPR & can land at the same time.:fingerscrossed:
have a great time - the Okanagan isn't it?
I'm visiting Kelowna in July & am counting down already.
:D

[QUOTE=Miss Clinique;8530494]We have had an email this morning from our Immigration Lawyer conatining a copy of the AOR he recieved from CIC yesterday :)
QUOTE]

Great news:D:fingerscrossed:

Phew!

Glad to hear no concerns.:D

Binty

Sorry about that, even more stress - but hopefully as other have done, the extra tests will be fine.:fingerscrossed:

Bali
:D