British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Bali2010 Mar 23rd 2010 9:31 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8440831)
Morning all,

Just wondering if you can clear something up for us....

We are hoping we should receive our 120 day letter in the not too distant future so we are gathering all the docs together and getting organised.

Ive downloaded the London office specific forms, and I cant see anything there that requests payslips, although on another thread someone has said they have included them :confused:

Can someone clarify this for me?

We lost a lot of our payslips and other documents in a flood last year so Im worried if I need them it will cause us a problem, as Ive replaced a lot of the documents but not the payslips :(

Help!

Hi

I looked into this too - the form doesn't list them as a requirement.
I think (from memory) someone had had a 120 day letter that listed out the info requirements and payslips had been on that particular letter's list -even though they weren't on the guide & so to be safe they included them.

my 120 day 'letter' came by email and didn't list anything out - just referred to the visa office guide.
As the guide doesn't list them, I will provide what is on the guide & NOT include payslips.

Others might also include them on a belt & braces basis I suppose.

Bali

MapleSauce Mar 23rd 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8440872)
I did not submit payslips. As long as you have good employer reference letters and any copies of employment contracts etc then you should be fine.

Cheers

Martin

I second this - i issued my employment contracts and reference letters. Any gaps where i couldn't get references, i wrote to the Inland Revenue, and they issued me a tax breakdown of the period, and which company i was paying tax to.

Hope this helps.

michelle101 Mar 23rd 2010 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

We had our medicals done a few weeks ago (26 Feb) and still no word. I'm a little bit concerned as I had to have my xray done twice, not sure why. How will we be contacted email or post?

purple80 Mar 23rd 2010 1:19 pm

I've downloaded the London office specific forms, and I cant see anything there that requests payslips, although on another thread someone has said they have included them :confused:

We didn't send any with our application, however when we go our medical requests they also asked for proof of funds, as we are arranged employment we should not need this.

We sent some payslips to confirm this.

Good luck.
Charlie

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8441123)
Hi everyone,

We had our medicals done a few weeks ago (26 Feb) and still no word. I'm a little bit concerned as I had to have my xray done twice, not sure why. How will we be contacted email or post?

When you say you had to have it done twice, do you mean you were called back, or the technician repeated on the day?

It sounds like it could be that the x ray was not clear? It normally takes 2-3 weeks for the DMP to get all the results in. I would not worry yet.....

Good luck.
Charlie

Lady Locket Mar 23rd 2010 6:36 pm

Hi there Lauren and Luke,

We included payslips for two of the jobs hubby had, but mainly because those companies have sinced closed. A couple of payslips helped to prove that he worked there when he said he did since we can't get a reference from them. If you have contracts and references you should be fine.

We have gone for the 'give them evidence for anything they might query approach', as we hope that will make life easier in the long run! Remember that CHC have the right to request further supporting evidence at any point, so if you are confident that you have the 'proof' to back up your application you will be just dandy. If you feel they may query something, prepare yourself to provide more evidence. I think this is why people provide a lot of supporting evidence, even if it is not specifically requested - better safe than sorry. ;)

Hope this helps,
Lady Locket

Morning all,

Just wondering if you can clear something up for us....

We are hoping we should receive our 120 day letter in the not too distant future so we are gathering all the docs together and getting organised.

Ive downloaded the London office specific forms, and I cant see anything there that requests payslips, although on another thread someone has said they have included them :confused:

We lost a lot of our payslips and other documents in a flood last year so Im worried if I need them it will cause us a problem, as Ive replaced a lot of the documents but not the payslips :(

Help!

purple80 Mar 24th 2010 1:06 pm

Update....

We had an email from CHC this morning saying.......

Bank draft was taken in November and we only await review of the additional medical information. This is in a queue awaiting review.

Guess we just have to be patient a little longer, and hope that results are all ok!
Charlie

michelle101 Mar 24th 2010 4:30 pm

When you say you had to have it done twice, do you mean you were called back, or the technician repeated on the day?

It sounds like it could be that the x ray was not clear? It normally takes 2-3 weeks for the DMP to get all the results in. I would not worry yet.....

Good luck.
Charlie
[/QUOTE]

Technician repeated on the day.

purple80 Mar 24th 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8444856)
Technician repeated on the day.

I am no expert, but it sounds like your xray was not clear, so they took another one....... This happened with my middle child, who did not require any further medical checks.

Both my eldest daughter and I did, we did not have an xray repeated on the day.

Hope that helps
Charlie

Martin99 Mar 25th 2010 7:52 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8444336)
Update....

Bank draft was taken in November and we only await review of the additional medical information. This is in a queue awaiting review.

Guess we just have to be patient a little longer, and hope that results are all ok!
Charlie

I am hoping for the best for you, Charlie. :fingerscrossed:

michelle101 Mar 25th 2010 10:10 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8446073)
I am no expert, but it sounds like your xray was not clear, so they took another one....... This happened with my middle child, who did not require any further medical checks.

Both my eldest daughter and I did, we did not have an xray repeated on the day.

Hope that helps
Charlie

Thanks Charlie and good luck to you!

Silverdragon102 Mar 26th 2010 5:40 pm

Anyone send their application around 12th Jan and heard anything from Sydney?

Miss Clinique Mar 26th 2010 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8444336)
Update....

Charlie

Good luck Charlie - hope you hear soon.

Can2010 Mar 26th 2010 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8451413)
Anyone send their application around 12th Jan and heard anything from Sydney?

I sent my application (FSW 1) to Sydney on 14th Jan, received the120-day email on 8th March.
All the best.

amrskipro Mar 26th 2010 7:24 pm

Got our 120 day email on 30 Nov 2009, so I was expecting to here something this week or perhaps early next week. Even allowing for Feb, I make 120 days as being 01 Apr 2010.

Any one else got experience of the CIC London 'missing' the 120 day deadline as far as communication with the applicant. Does the 120 days mean that they will deal with it (ie read it and make a decision) and then communicate sometime to be determined in the future or within the 120 day period.

As usual, and those that have been and are going through this empathise with the stress levels that the anticipation can generate, the 'not knowing' is really winding me up.

I will take a deep breath and relax and I know that there is nothing I can do about it but any feedback about the finer points of what people found happened would be very appreciated.

CanadianDreams Mar 26th 2010 7:33 pm

Woo Hoo we received our AOR email today, so relieved as it was the second time we sent it!! :eek:
Now i'm determined to complete new application over the weekend and post it by monday!! :D

Seems like they are finally speeding apps up!!