British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Apr 13th 2010 6:35 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8493299)
Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC

Good to know. Thanks.

Cheers

Martin

Gaz67 Apr 13th 2010 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8493430)
Good to see you progressing, Gaz.

I think I received a form with the PPR letter, which you have to fill in with some basic details for each family member so you may need it sending over to you in Vancouver if it arrives after you leave.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers Martin :0)

Could that letter be filled in by my family and sent off seperately? or does it have to go with the passports!!

Also do they ask for more photos , i did send 6 off for each of us initially with 120 DOCS

Cheers
Gaz

Martin99 Apr 13th 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8493442)
Cheers Martin :0)

Could that letter be filled in by my family and sent off seperately? or does it have to go with the passports!!

Also do they ask for more photos , i did send 6 off for each of us initially with 120 DOCS

Cheers
Gaz

Not sure, Gaz, as I took my form and passports in to CHC London all at the same time as they requested. I do know that they asked for more photos at that stage. Is it worth sending a case specific enquiry as they may have a protocol for people in your situation?

Cheers

Martin

Gaz67 Apr 13th 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8493451)
Not sure, Gaz, as I took my form and passports in to CHC London all at the same time as they requested. I do know that they asked for more photos at that stage. Is it worth sending a case specific enquiry as they may have a protocol for people in your situation?

Cheers

Martin

I should do that Case specific enquiry , im just hoping with 3.5 weeks to go i get the ppr and can take the letter with us to post from Canada with the passports.

Hopefully the police check comes through soon. will be 3 weeks on thursday since we sent off for them.

We havent done any crimes or time since the last one so they should be clear lol

Gaz

Gaz67 Apr 14th 2010 12:54 pm

Hopefully the police check comes through soon. will be 3 weeks on thursday since we sent off for them.

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday :eek:

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

:thumbsup: we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz

Gaz67 Apr 14th 2010 12:55 pm

Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC

good to know.. even for someone who hasnt a clue about tax returns but im gonna find out real soon :eek:

Gaz

Clematis Apr 14th 2010 2:14 pm

Tax stuff
Cheers
STC

I didn't think any of those things could be claimed, when we filed our 2008 return, and our 2009 return we were told nothing could be claimed?
As far as I know the only moving expenses that can be claimed tax wise, are moving expenses within Canada.
We have not landed yet and are on WPs.

Martin99 Apr 14th 2010 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8495455)

Gaz

Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday :eek:

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

:thumbsup: we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Sod's law but still good news!

pfw Apr 14th 2010 11:04 pm

Our FSW 2 app was received in Sydney 1st March, got 120 day letter today. :)

Possibly a swift :beer: (or six) tonight, then on to the next stage tomorrow...:fingerscrossed:

rkak12 Apr 15th 2010 5:47 am

Sir , iam new to this forum, need help from you guys. I have sent my application to sydney nova scotia, application reached on 24 march 2010. and i have give my credit card number. i want to know how much time they will take , i have to open my credit card, please guid me.:fingerscrossed:

rkak12 Apr 15th 2010 5:51 am

as pfw got response in just 45 days, please pfw tell me that how you have submit the fee, please guide me.:(

Martin99 Apr 15th 2010 6:57 am

Originally Posted by pfw (Post 8496747)

Possibly a swift :beer: (or six) tonight, then on to the next stage tomorrow...:fingerscrossed:

Congratulations!

rkak12 Apr 15th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8497580)
Congratulations!

Hi, Martin please see my question too and help me in guidence. regards

rubberduckofdeath Apr 15th 2010 8:37 am

That was quick! :)

kamshaft Apr 15th 2010 8:41 am

my fsw application got delivered on the 23rd of feb, but i aint heard anything, yours seems to of blasted through the pile lol,