British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

bongobrad Nov 29th 2011 11:16 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 9759722)
What Service? If only our own country was allowed to run its immigration system in the same way. Everybody and his uncle walks right in here and many don't even bother knocking.;)
We've still heard nothing with regard to the letter sent to London which is just unbelievable.

Hi we have sent 2 letters in the past and had nor reply, I ended up sending them an email in the end which I must admit thety did reply to, it was the standard reply that they have been sending so I asked them some more question and they did come back, but still no real answers on how long !!

PortchesterRoyal Nov 29th 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9759999)
Hi PortchesterRoyal,

You would be applying under the latest Ministerial Instructions (MI-3). These and MI-2 applicants are treated as a priority and are currently being processed in 6 - 12 months, a promised time we were told when we applied (We are MI-1 applicants). These timescales should not extend out as ours did, because of the cap on the numbers of new applicants in the later MI-2 and MI-3 streams. When we applied there was no cap and as you can see from our timeline we are now approaching two years and still waiting for medicals.

Thanks very much for the reply. At least that is better news than I first thought:)
I hope you get your visa sorted soon, where do you want to go and live?

John

Mac2 Nov 29th 2011 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal (Post 9760143)
Thanks very much for the reply. At least that is better news than I first thought:)
I hope you get your visa sorted soon, where do you want to go and live?

John

Thank you John,

We are hoping to live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), but exactly where will be driven by job, commute, schools etc... Area's we have in mind are Burlington/Oakville; Newmarket/Aurora; Cambridge/Guelph; I know all these area's well and have friends and colleague's around all of these.

Mac2

99problems Dec 5th 2011 9:24 am

We spent the first half of November in BC and Alberta, but distant memory now. Best advice is to hefge your bets and don't let go of your opportunities here in the UK. I have a demanding new job taking up all of my time right now so focusing on that - it may just be that if the visa comes through I shall fancy my options here more by then. My biggest worry is having to fetch new employers references as don't want to ask my new employer for reference just a year or so into the job - we wouldn't be moving to Canada without a job to go to so visa is not the only hurdle......

This FSW process basically isn't fit for purpose. They won't attract the right professionals because they're too slow. I can't really understand it as there are thousands of asian immigrants in Canada who don't have qualifications or sufficient language skills yet are still there (?).

kat-b Dec 10th 2011 9:07 am

Originally Posted by bongobrad (Post 9760006)
Hi we have sent 2 letters in the past and had nor reply, I ended up sending them an email in the end which I must admit thety did reply to, it was the standard reply that they have been sending so I asked them some more question and they did come back, but still no real answers on how long !!

Hi,

I just sent an email recently too but just got the same standard reply below.

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

I was hoping for a little more of an indication of how long it was going to be but at least it means i'm still showing on their system somewhere!!! More patience required!!

jobop Dec 10th 2011 3:27 pm

I so want to send a case specific email but am trying to hold off until next year as like you, Kat-b, am thinking we will just get the generic response...

Here's hoping things get moving next year for all of us :fingerscrossed:

Jpod Dec 10th 2011 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 9781155)
I so want to send a case specific email but am trying to hold off until next year as like you, Kat-b, am thinking we will just get the generic response...

Me too. Although I'm a few months behind you my police certificate expires in Jan/Feb so I'll probably send a case specific email then to seek advice on whether to send a new one.

Would it help if we all sent case specific emails in the New Year at roughly the same time, or would this be a hindrance?

Jools

sdo1982 Dec 11th 2011 7:48 am

My aor is 8 months old 22nd march, but police certs run out in January, I'm holding off, I can only guess the more emails they have to deal with the slower the processing... However I might change my mind! :p

kat-b Dec 11th 2011 10:32 am

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 9781155)

Hi

Yeah I'm guessing they will just keep sending out the Standard email to us saying our documents are on file. I wish they would give some indication of the time frame though. At least you are showing as 'In Process' on the ECAS system jobop I still get nothing when I try to log in. Our timelines are almost identical. Hopefully next year..........

CanadaJimmy Dec 14th 2011 8:01 pm

It's been a while so I thought I'd post an update.

After the issues I had before with Buffalo requesting extra documents, everything was ironed out and I sent Buffalo another set of Documents when I changed over to my new work permit (copy of work permit, new offer of employment etc.) After not hearing anything from Buffalo, I sent them an email on the 26th October asking what was happening with my case.

A month passes with no reply, so I send them another email, this time threatening to file a formal complaint if they don't respond. Amazingly, this seemed to really make an impact, and 3 days later I get an email response saying an immigration officer is now looking at my file.

On Monday, I finally got my Medical Requests! Nearly a year to the day that my application was forwarded to them by CIO.

I'm so glad everything is finally moving along, booked the medical exams for Saturday. The letter literally states my application has been approved!

rubberduckofdeath Dec 14th 2011 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 9788816)

After the issues I had before with Buffalo requesting extra documents, everything was ironed out and I sent Buffalo another set of Documents when I changed over to my new work permit (copy of work permit, new offer of employment etc.) After not hearing anything from Buffalo, I sent them an email on the 26th October asking what was happening with my case.

A month passes with no reply, so I send them another email, this time threatening to file a formal complaint if they don't respond. Amazingly, this seemed to really make an impact, and 3 days later I get an email response saying an immigration officer is now looking at my file.

On Monday, I finally got my Medical Requests! Nearly a year to the day that my application was forwarded to them by CIO.

I'm so glad everything is finally moving along, booked the medical exams for Saturday. The letter literally states my application has been approved!

Good for you mate, nice one :)

kat-b Dec 18th 2011 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 9788816)

Woo hoo! Happy for you!!! :-)))

The Sun Dec 27th 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Our pains are common, our goals are similar, our hopes are compartible, our needs are one, our expectations are connected so also our prayers. I strongly believe the coming year (2012) will be a period of answered prayers for this forum. Don't lose the endurance. We shall surely be victorious within the 2012. There will be sudden and speedy response to the application processing and times of it shockingly reduced with acceleration of progress.

My mates, YES I BELIEVE. It will happen surely.

jobop Dec 27th 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 9807767)
Hi Guys,

Our pains are common, our goals are similar, our hopes are compartible, our needs are one, our expectations are connected so also our prayers. I strongly believe the coming year (2012) will be a period of answered prayers for this forum. Don't lose the endurance. We shall surely be victorious within the 2012. There will be sudden and speedy response to the application processing and times of it shockingly reduced with acceleration of progress.

My mates, YES I BELIEVE. It will happen surely.

I am a believer, I can feel it!!!

:fingerscrossed: for all those waiting on the next stage, which for most of us posters on here its the medical request... GO GO GO 2012, I BELIEVE.

kat-b Dec 27th 2011 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by jobop (Post 9807834)
I am a believer, I can feel it!!!

:fingerscrossed: for all those waiting on the next stage, which for most of us posters on here its the medical request... GO GO GO 2012, I BELIEVE.

Yes!!! :-)))) Hopefully the Visas office new years resolution is to get us all to Canada next year! ;-)