International Experience Canada

Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

hi,

need a bit of help,

im trying to pay my fee for the IEC and my canadian bank (novascotia) is asking for an address for the 'PIJ - AMBASSADE DU CANADA', as they are saying without that they cannot do the wire transfer, anyone have the address please?

Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:29 am
Just Joined

lenny86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stizzyb
Hey Lenny,

Mine was sent to London on the 15th too so hopefully we'll both hear soon! I actually work in advertising as well so will be applying to as many agencies as possible when I head to Canada. Did you just send your CV in directly or did you apply through recruitment consultants? Any advice would be a huge help!

Thanks
hey!

still no word here i actually had one contact at ogilvy when i left, so i pestered her and got an internship, and am now working at euro. i think you will have a better chance at getting in because of the fact you arent local. blanket emails arent so bad, but definitely send in a link to your site.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:32 am
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
As soon as you get your work permit and step into Canada you can spend your money where you like!

You have options in terms of transferring money to a canadian account - HSBC allow you to operate a GBP and CAN$ account that you can just transfer money between (although some people say that they now charge for this I think?).

Another idea is to use companies such as Canadian Forex or HiFX (or plenty of others) - they'll transfer money between your UK account and your Canadian one, normally taking around 5 business days. They will charge a fee, but some of them now do offers for new customers (such as get the first two transfers free, which is pretty good value, and they tend to offer good exchange rates).
Cheers, with the latter option, the online transfers, have you done it before? Is it relatively simple? I had a look but to be honest I'm not great when it comes to money and banking.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kamshaft
hi,

need a bit of help,

im trying to pay my fee for the IEC and my canadian bank (novascotia) is asking for an address for the 'PIJ - AMBASSADE DU CANADA', as they are saying without that they cannot do the wire transfer, anyone have the address please?

Thanks
BRED Banque Populaire, 66 ave des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris

That's what my conditional acceptance email says anyway!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mansfield250
my job is boring

i cant wait to leave!
Originally Posted by justin_h
i agree, i have 9 1/2 shifts to go! roll on march 30th!
agreed... i actually handed in my notice the other day just couldn't hack that lame office shizzle nemore...especially if i have to do more of the same when i get canada lol 2weeks till i can leave feels like an eternity...

what jobs wise are people planning on doing? i would really like some career orientated stuff whilst out there...craiglisting it so far seems so so with the amount of jobs on offer etc
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Originally Posted by DisasterPiece
Cheers, with the latter option, the online transfers, have you done it before? Is it relatively simple? I had a look but to be honest I'm not great when it comes to money and banking.
I haven't done it personally but I have friends who have - they say it is actually very simple (and one of them is a true bank-a-phobe!). The one they used (Canadian Forex I think) had someone call them up to talk them through setting up the account online.

You need to be able to scan across some bank statements, passport pages etc. to cover money laundering regulations and stuff, but apart from that it all seems pretty painless. That's probably how I'll do it when I'm there. The only thing is you can't set it up in advance or anything as you need the Canadian account open first, so take a bit of cash with you as well to cover things at first.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Little Blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kc85
agreed... i actually handed in my notice the other day just couldn't hack that lame office shizzle nemore...especially if i have to do more of the same when i get canada lol 2weeks till i can leave feels like an eternity...

what jobs wise are people planning on doing? i would really like some career orientated stuff whilst out there...craiglisting it so far seems so so with the amount of jobs on offer etc
Thankfully, my job is good, I'm just on a contract that ends April 20th. I work as a theatre technician so I'm hoping to go into something related to that. I've always been interested in Film/TV production too so I'll be keeping an eye out for opportunities.

But obviously I won't be too picky
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:45 am
Just Joined

VanCity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

There doesnt seem to be any pattern for the processing times with the IEC, me and my boyfriend both sent our applications in the same envelope and were received in Paris 2nd Feb, we both subsequently went through the following stages, however he received his LOI on 2 March and 2 weeks later, i have still not heard anything.

I am starting to get stressed about it now as it seems other people who applied after me are being issued their LOI within 3-4weeks.

Has anyone heard of anybody being refused at the final stage or is it only in Paris when the compliance checks are completed?

I am so confused considering our application forms were received together and progressed to all the same stages at the same time except for this last hurdle.

Any advice?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it, from experience of other areas of Canadian immigration, it's unlikely that they're done in any strict order of receipt.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kc85

anything to start with really, something to do with sports over the summer, would love to use my degree, criminology, but cant really see that ever being useful!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

jehstr is an unknown quantity at this point

My app was in London 3 weeks yesterday, was really hoping to get the LOI today.

The people on this forum have been receiving the Visa's on either Monday or Tuesday.. can someone tel me if this is true, or has anyone got a LOI later in the week?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
I haven't done it personally but I have friends who have - they say it is actually very simple (and one of them is a true bank-a-phobe!). The one they used (Canadian Forex I think) had someone call them up to talk them through setting up the account online.

You need to be able to scan across some bank statements, passport pages etc. to cover money laundering regulations and stuff, but apart from that it all seems pretty painless. That's probably how I'll do it when I'm there. The only thing is you can't set it up in advance or anything as you need the Canadian account open first, so take a bit of cash with you as well to cover things at first.
So do you have to be holding £2000 in a UK bank account when you move over and show a statement to prove that, because whats stopping me from just emptying my account, and taking the cash with me, and paying it all into my account in canada when i open it?? I'm sure your allowed to take a certain amount of cash with you before having to declare it..... Im sure i have seen on landing cards the figure of $10,000 ??
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:02 am
Just Joined

VanCity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jehstr
My app was in London 3 weeks yesterday, was really hoping to get the LOI today.

The people on this forum have been receiving the Visa's on either Monday or Tuesday.. can someone tel me if this is true, or has anyone got a LOI later in the week?
Hi

My form went to London over 5weeks ago now and I still ahven't heard anything, I know many people have received their LOI exactly 4weeks after it was received in London, I know of people who have received their LOI on various days, not just Monday and Tuesday
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VanCity
Hi

My form went to London over 5weeks ago now and I still ahven't heard anything, I know many people have received their LOI exactly 4weeks after it was received in London, I know of people who have received their LOI on various days, not just Monday and Tuesday
When i got the email from Paris, it stating that my application would take 6 weeks, and not to contact them until those 6 weeks have passed..... So my D-Day is 18th April, anything heard before then will be fantastic, hopefully i can be in Toronto by Mid May - June .... EKKKKK!!! The excitement is killing me
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:09 am
Just Joined

DCCL is an unknown quantity at this point

when people got the conditional exceptance and it stated 6 or 8 weeks, is it from the date it was sent to london??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.