International Experience Canada

Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Little Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
i think the worst it got this year was around -15 with the wind chill.
Wow!

What about during the spring/summer?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
Good work! I'll have a look into that now - they seem to be pretty good, and they insure for work and wintersports. As long as they let you make trips back home I'm sold!
If your going to be doing lots of sports then i think ACE will be best, apparently (reading reviews online) they can be a bit of pain when it comes to claiming. Think il still go with them though.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:02 pm
Z81
Just Joined

Z81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

I wrote a couple of days ago about cancelling Bunac. I emailed Bunac and the Canadian Embassy on Friday. Bunac have not replied to my query but heard back from embassy first thing.

I said ' I am still waiting for recieve my Letter of Introduction. If I cancel my Bunac membership before I receive my LOI will it affect my visa application? I am considering this because it would mean I would get £149 back'

The Canadian Embassy said 'Your having registered for additional services from BUNAC has no bearing on your eligibility to the IEC or your application to be issued a work permit. You will not lose your place in the queue of applications if you de-register from their services'

So I emailed Bunac and cancelled. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake but have not really got £150 to burn!!

Bunac emailed me back straight away and confirmed my cancellation
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Z81
Hey guys

I wrote a couple of days ago about cancelling Bunac. I emailed Bunac and the Canadian Embassy on Friday. Bunac have not replied to my query but heard back from embassy first thing.

I said ' I am still waiting for recieve my Letter of Introduction. If I cancel my Bunac membership before I receive my LOI will it affect my visa application? I am considering this because it would mean I would get £149 back'

The Canadian Embassy said 'Your having registered for additional services from BUNAC has no bearing on your eligibility to the IEC or your application to be issued a work permit. You will not lose your place in the queue of applications if you de-register from their services'

So I emailed Bunac and cancelled. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake but have not really got £150 to burn!!

Bunac emailed me back straight away and confirmed my cancellation
Brilliant, I got this reply from Bunac "If you choose to cancel from the Work Canada programme your work permit application will not be affected. You would then be using one of the regular places on the IEC programme, rather than one that has been allocated to BUNAC participants. It may be worth confirming with the Canadian High Commission in London that there are still regular places left on the programme, but at the moment it does appear there are places remaining so it shouldn’t be a problem for you."

So I think I shall cancel too!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:23 pm
Z81
Just Joined

Z81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
Brilliant, I got this reply from Bunac "If you choose to cancel from the Work Canada programme your work permit application will not be affected. You would then be using one of the regular places on the IEC programme, rather than one that has been allocated to BUNAC participants. It may be worth confirming with the Canadian High Commission in London that there are still regular places left on the programme, but at the moment it does appear there are places remaining so it shouldn’t be a problem for you."

So I think I shall cancel too!
Good luck!!! Let me know when you get your LOI. When are you hoping to go?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

emma_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I am still a little bit confused about showing proof of adequate funds upon arrival as I keep hearing different things.
Does anyone know how much money we need to prove we have? How strict are they on this and what document do we need to show?
Im just a bit worried because I might have just under £2000 before I go (after I have bought insurance ect.) however i will get paid from work a few days after I leave which will mean I should have enough!
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey just a quick question, has anyone recieved there full approval who has already had the student and non-student?

I have had both already, I am actually currently in Toronto. I did get a coniditional acceptance from Paris and my app was sent to London, and on the app I said I had do 2 Bunacs.

A friend has already got full approval and he only did one BUNAC trip.

Anyone forsee any issue?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
hey just a quick question, has anyone recieved there full approval who has already had the student and non-student?

I have had both already, I am actually currently in Toronto. I did get a coniditional acceptance from Paris and my app was sent to London, and on the app I said I had do 2 Bunacs.

Anyone forsee any issue?

What do you mean by that, And what do ppl mean by student and non-student..... I was never asked any such question when i signed up to Bunac, nor anywhere on any of my applications.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone forsee any issue?
I can't see any issues with it. Unless you did something illegal etc on your other visa (not saying you did lol just trying to give an example of something which would prevent you from getting another one) the IEC site says that you can apply while still on another visa but they just wont give you the LOI until your other visa expires but you can still be approved.
I'm currently on a student bunac visa which expires end of june, mines been in london 4 weeks tomorrow, so i'm hoping to hear something soon so I'll let you know if i do. how long has your been in london?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the IEC website I thought I would be OK, but I had a moment of panic last night. My app was sent to London on 14th Feb, so 4 weeks too. I hope I will get it soon, friends apps have taken around 2-4 weeks.

Am I also reading it rightfrom the IEC site, that I can apply again in 2012? It mentions something about not applying it retroactively, so my Bunac times count for 0, so this IEC would be my first, and then next year my 2nd.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

From the IEC website I thought I would be OK, but I had a moment of panic last night. My app was sent to London on 14th Feb, so 4 weeks too. I hope I will get it soon, friends apps have taken around 2-4 weeks.

Am I also reading it rightfrom the IEC site, that I can apply again in 2012? It mentions something about not applying it retroactively, so my Bunac times count for 0, so this IEC would be my first, and then next year my 2nd.
Yes, that's correct. Everyone starts a fresh so even if you've had two permits before you can have another two on this new one.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

DingDandDoo is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all,would it be too late to apply for this visa? are there many left?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
Yes, that's correct. Everyone starts a fresh so even if you've had two permits before you can have another two on this new one.
So u can apply twice with Bunac, and then twice through IEC directly??

So in theory you can have 4 yrs.......... But wouldnt that qualify you for Citizenship. I heard that if ur living in Canada for 3 yrs that u can apply for citizenship...... Kinda how footballers from outside the European Union have to do so??
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Galacticos
So u can apply twice with Bunac, and then twice through IEC directly??

So in theory you can have 4 yrs.......... But wouldnt that qualify you for Citizenship. I heard that if ur living in Canada for 3 yrs that u can apply for citizenship...... Kinda how footballers from outside the European Union have to do so??
Guys, you can't just apply for citizenship without being a resident first. Just putting it out there..
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Guys, you can't just apply for citizenship without being a resident first. Just putting it out there..
I suppose so, but here's a scenario.... 2 yrs on a work permit, followed by getting PR, can u then apply for citizenship after you have a total of 3 yrs in canada, ie after 1 yr in PR ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.