Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

scotspark will become famous soon enoughscotspark will become famous soon enough
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by abrown234
I can understand while it would take a long time because of the checks. The only problem I could see against me is I have a bad credit history but no police record. Would this affect it?
Would also like to know this as I'm in same position , im in second phase and have recieved medical email so praying the don't reject me now at this late stage
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:12 am
Just Joined

abrown234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't received medical email - but didn't ask for it anyway. Its been 5 weeks since this Friday that I found that I had been passed to second phase. Since then had no correspondence from them
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

josh9397 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abrown234
I haven't received medical email - but didn't ask for it anyway. Its been 5 weeks since this Friday that I found that I had been passed to second phase. Since then had no correspondence from them
i've been waiting just over 4 weeks since I was passed to second stage.....annoying isn't it!!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

silv26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I got my initial acceptance on the 21st March and made my payment on the 23rd. I keep reading about the second phase and was wondering that when people refer to this they are referring to the acceptance email or do you got a confirmation of payment email?

Regards
Silv
Old Mar 30th 2012, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

Originally Posted by silv26
Hey everyone,

I got my initial acceptance on the 21st March and made my payment on the 23rd. I keep reading about the second phase and was wondering that when people refer to this they are referring to the acceptance email or do you got a confirmation of payment email?

Regards
Silv
They email to confirm payment and that you are IEC eligible. They then forward to CIC for the final step. CIC send the LOI, or reject your application (in which case you get a refund).
Old Mar 30th 2012, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

scotspark will become famous soon enoughscotspark will become famous soon enough

This is crazy I've heard of some people only waiting 5days between 2nd phase and LOI , now some people still haven't heard back after 5weeks !?

Was hoping to be leaving start of April thats looking less and less likely now
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

silv26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twctopcat
They email to confirm payment and that you are IEC eligible. They then forward to CIC for the final step. CIC send the LOI, or reject your application (in which case you get a refund).
Hey everyone,

Just to let you know that I have recieved the email letting me know I am into the second stage.

acceptance email 21st March
Payment 23rd March
Second phase email 30th March

Silv
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:54 am
Just Joined

crimsonking26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to my frustration in waiting. I decided to fire off 15 e-mails saying the same thing to the IEC a few seconds after each other. Not that it will make a difference, they will still ignore them.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crimsonking26
Due to my frustration in waiting. I decided to fire off 15 e-mails saying the same thing to the IEC a few seconds after each other. Not that it will make a difference, they will still ignore them.
that'll hopefully get their attention. I remember some scumbag scammed me on eBay and I did that to him, actually sat for HOURS sending emails. Didn't get my money back but made me feel marginally better about the situation.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

As asking the powers that be is like banging your head again many brick walls, has anyone here sent their application and then headed to Canada to wait for the visa there? or does anyone know if that will endanger my application?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meialin
As asking the powers that be is like banging your head again many brick walls, has anyone here sent their application and then headed to Canada to wait for the visa there? or does anyone know if that will endanger my application?
I doubt it. So long as you have the cash/return flight out of there, then staying there on a tourist visa until you (hopefully) receive your LOI is a perfectly viable option. Explain the situation and you should be ok. Only issue may be the insurance, given that most UK insurance companies require you to take insurance before you start your journey. I don't the price/feasibility of buying travel insurance while you are in Canada.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bear in mind that you'll have to leave then re-enter the country to activate the LOI though. Whether this is flagpolling in the US or otherwise...
Old Mar 30th 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twctopcat
I doubt it. So long as you have the cash/return flight out of there, then staying there on a tourist visa until you (hopefully) receive your LOI is a perfectly viable option. Explain the situation and you should be ok. Only issue may be the insurance, given that most UK insurance companies require you to take insurance before you start your journey. I don't the price/feasibility of buying travel insurance while you are in Canada.
AWESOME! I still have insurance from when I was previously in Canada so yay! Thank you
Old Mar 30th 2012, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

crimsonking26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
that'll hopefully get their attention. I remember some scumbag scammed me on eBay and I did that to him, actually sat for HOURS sending emails. Didn't get my money back but made me feel marginally better about the situation.

I hope it well get their attention too, but I know it's unlikely, I just wondered why they have an e-mail address in the first place.

Sorry to hear about your experience with scamming on ebay, my friend was recently scammed for an Ipod he was selling on Gumtree, and the numpty actually sent it without getting paid first....

BTW he sent it to NIGERIA!
Old Mar 31st 2012, 3:54 am
Just Joined

OctoSquiddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Rejected this morning, Reasons:
Family composition form has not been included in your application or has not been correctly completed.

guess I gotta start again, no idea where I went wrong, thats the only reason they gave me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.