Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 31st 2012, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Ben_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Cheers for the quick responses! Laura - yeh that seems the best thing, at least get the LOI then even if I cant use it for April 19th, I can over the next year (ideally want to be out there during the summer so I can just go kayaking for a few months...). If I don't get it in time for when I enter the country in April, I won't have proof of sufficient funds after a 5 week holiday there... and hence will need all summer working at home to save back up.

Meialin - I am indeed flying out from Gatwick. Headed to Vancouver with AirTransat, you?
Old Mar 31st 2012, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

OctoSquiddle is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tee1;9982461]
Originally Posted by OctoSquiddle
I'm hoping I can simply correct the forms they send back then send it back to them, unless they stamp a huge "REJECTED" stamp across it.
:/[/QUOTE

You need to redo the whole application again. If you simply correct the bit you missed and resend the same forms you will be rejected again. This has already happened to several people
Oh wow that's brutal.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to redo it all, redate and all that.

Hopefully it'll take less than 5 weeks this time around.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ben - I'm headed to Calgary with AirTransat, get the fun of immigration all over again
Old Mar 31st 2012, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

scad8585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, can anyone advise me or share their experience in taking money to canada?
It says you must have a printed statement of your bank account a week before you leave , now do I take all the money out after getting a printed statement and change it to canadian dollars and take it with me on the plane, or do I transfer it from my natwest account to my canadian bank account once I've opened one? What are the exchange rates like in a canadian bank account if I was to transfer?
Many thanks
Old Mar 31st 2012, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scad8585
Hey everyone, can anyone advise me or share their experience in taking money to canada?
It says you must have a printed statement of your bank account a week before you leave , now do I take all the money out after getting a printed statement and change it to canadian dollars and take it with me on the plane, or do I transfer it from my natwest account to my canadian bank account once I've opened one? What are the exchange rates like in a canadian bank account if I was to transfer?
Many thanks
As long as you tell natwest you are going abroad you can just take money out as you go. I have no idea what the exchange rates are but I think its 1.69 to a pound ish. If you want you can transfer the money, it's mostly to make sure you don't end up on the streets.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 2:58 am
Just Joined

bfresh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Question....

Does anybody else fail on the 18 month rule (being in the UK 18 months of the last 3 years) and if so, did they apply anyway or just lie on their application?

Thanks! So stressful! Any information would be appreciated.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bfresh21
Quick Question....

Does anybody else fail on the 18 month rule (being in the UK 18 months of the last 3 years) and if so, did they apply anyway or just lie on their application?

Thanks! So stressful! Any information would be appreciated.
What ever you do don't lie, they will find you out. Where were you for the greater part of the three years?
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meialin
What ever you do don't lie, they will find you out. Where were you for the greater part of the three years?
I have spent a lot of time in NZ, Aus and Canada over the last 3 years so I dont qualify on that rule.

I actually know of a few people that lied on there app. and got it, but then then i know some that havent...

So dont know what to do really....Help!
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

I'd be too scared to get the rejection to be honest. You're best bet is to contact the Canadian immigration in Canada. The actually reply and can tell you your best options
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:24 am
Just Joined

backpacking_chippie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

Im a newbie to this forum so hello! I am currently waiting for my next stage after receiving my confirmation of the embassy receiving my application on the 14th of march. My question is does anybody know how long having to do a medical will add onto my application time wise?

Im pretty sure i need to do one and ticked yes on the medical form bit on the application because of spending a year in Australia since my 18th birthday. Im just concerned about time now because the whole process is so slow and the places still available keeps going down quicker and quicker.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meialin
I'd be too scared to get the rejection to be honest. You're best bet is to contact the Canadian immigration in Canada. The actually reply and can tell you your best options
Do you know of anyone else who has been untruthful on there application? I am left with no other option but to bend the truth and hope for the best!
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Do you know of anyone else who has been untruthful on there application? I am left with no other option but to bend the truth and hope for the best!
not for this visa, but I had a bad experience with immigration when I was just a visitor so I'm a bit of a wimp with them now
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

josh9397 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my LOI....buzzing!!!

Just some advice to applicants with a hotmail account: I emailed the IEC because it has taken nearly 5 weeks since being passed to CIC to receive LOI. They emailed me back saying they already sent my LOI on 14th March but must be security settings on my hotmail account. The visa section then re-sent the email a few mins later.

Timeline:
sent application - 19/01/12
delivered - 20/01/12
COR - 07/02/12
Conditional Acceptance - 24/02/12
Payment - 25/02/12
Sent to CIC - 01/03/12
LOI - 14/03/12 (but only just received LOI today due to email issues)

also just to let everyone know.....i sent them an email via my gmail account and then they sent the LOI to my gmail account instead of hotmail account. here is the actual email they sent me if it helps anyone:
Good afternoon;

Our records indicate your application was approved by the Visa Section on March 14th, 2012. If you have not already received a Letter of Introduction via email, then it must indeed be because the security settings on your hotmail account prevented the email from going into your inbox and was instead forwarded to your 'junk mail' folder directly. We have forwarded your inquiry to the Visa Section who will re-send the LoI to your gmail address listed below. We would advise you to keep a close eye on your email folders over the next few days to make sure you receive the second email from the Visa Section.
Kind regards,

The IEC Team
UK / Ireland
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? That's not your only option - you could just not apply!

Your choice, but if caught (even after you've got the visa) then you face being kicked out of Canada and banned from the country for misrepresentation.

What if you decide that you love Canada and want to stay there, or find your future MrsBfresh there? Is it really worth risking your future in the country by breaking immigration laws?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backpacking_chippie
Im pretty sure i need to do one and ticked yes on the medical form bit on the application because of spending a year in Australia since my 18th birthday.
Why do you think spending a year in Oz means you need a medical? A medical is normally only required if you intend to work in certain occupations i.e. with children or in healthcare.

But if you do need a medical, it will usually add about 3 months on to an application.

HTH, good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.