Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 14th 2012, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Yes, but on the IMM1295 it only asks for month and year, so I had no option to put it in really.
Are you sure? I thought it asked for day, month and year?

The thing I am worried about the most is that I have been out the country for 6 months in Spain with one back in UK and then 6 months in France.
This is getting really confusing. You said at first it was 7 months, then 5months, now you're saying 6 months?!

If it was the 5.5 months you've given the dates for above, then it's not an issue - no police check required, and you didn't even need to mention it on the forms as the question specifically asks 'During the past five years, have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence for more than six months?'.

Obviously if your other stay was longer than 6 months though, then yes, you would need a police check.
Old May 14th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point

so i received my NOR 8/05, how long we saying before i may get asked for payment?

also, as i received this does it mean i am still in with a chance of getting the visa or not?
Old May 14th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, sorry for the confusion there. I said 'no' to the question "During the past five years, have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence for more than six months," because technically that is correct. However, on my employment history (for which the exact dates were not stated) they are going to see Spain and France running on concurrently. So June-December for Spain and January-July for France, therefore I have been out of the country for more than 6 months but in TWO different countries with a one month gap in between. My original question was, would the January-July work placement I did be classed as seven months or not (from the beginning month January until the end date in July)? Put simply, do they class January as one month and July as another month to make the 5 months in between 7 months in total? Does that make more sense? I have even e-mailed them and I have, like usual, received no reply. I don't know whether because I have technically spent a year out of the country but in two different countries, whether I have to provide a criminal record check at all. I'm sorry if I am confusing you all by myself being confused.

I don't know whether to just apply for two CRB checks or not.

Robert
Old May 14th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Yes, but on the IMM1295 it only asks for month and year, so I had no option to put it in really. I have been tied to my university in the UK for four years during this work placement. Would it be worthwhile sending an e-mail and even my work contract to explain? It's just so confusing. The criminal record check for Spain is only 3 Euros but a whopping £8 to send the payment and it takes 10 working days to get back to me. Also judging from the posts I have read, everyone's visas seem to be cyclical and approved or denied around the same time.
The thing I am worried about the most is that I have been out the country for 6 months in Spain with one back in UK and then 6 months in France.
There's still no update on the visa quota :/
You're supposed to detail all that in your CV. It asks you for all your travel and work experience from the last 5 years so you should have put the actual dates (day, month, year) in the CV. You need to make it clear to them, they're not mind readers.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm crossing the border this weekend, and I remember last time I had to have a return flight home booked, is that still the case?

All that I thought I needed was:

Passport
LOI
Bank Statement of more than $2500.

Is that correct?
Old May 14th 2012, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wesbray
I'm crossing the border this weekend, and I remember last time I had to have a return flight home booked, is that still the case?

All that I thought I needed was:

Passport
LOI
Bank Statement of more than $2500.

Is that correct?
That is correct.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear. I guess I never thought of that. I'll get applying for my CRB checks right away.

Thank you for your help.

Robert
Old May 14th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
That is correct.
But I swear last year I needed a return flight home booked? Do I need proof of insurance aswell?
Old May 14th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

But I swear last year I needed a return flight home booked? Do I need proof of insurance aswell?
No you didn't, you just needed proof that you could afford a flight home. I entered on a one-way and the only people that questioned it were Air Transat in the UK.

You need your insurance, a bank statement and your LOI and that's it. And your passport obviously.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

No you didn't, you just needed proof that you could afford a flight home. I entered on a one-way and the only people that questioned it were Air Transat in the UK.

You need your insurance, a bank statement and your LOI and that's it. And your passport obviously.
Great, thanks alot, guess I was just being over-cautious last year.

Still very unsure about the whole crossing process, some people have advised me that I need to say i'm sight-seeing and others say I should just get refused entry...
Old May 14th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great, thanks alot, guess I was just being over-cautious last year.

Still very unsure about the whole crossing process, some people have advised me that I need to say i'm sight-seeing and others say I should just get refused entry...
I'm gonna be in your situation in a few months. I'm planning on saying I'm sight-seeing and crossing at Niagara Falls. I will already have a 3 month US visitor visa though as I'm crossing over for a music festival in a few weeks so it might make my crossing to flagpole a little bit easier...who knows!
Old May 14th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna be in your situation in a few months. I'm planning on saying I'm sight-seeing and crossing at Niagara Falls. I will already have a 3 month US visitor visa though as I'm crossing over for a music festival in a few weeks so it might make my crossing to flagpole a little bit easier...who knows!
Forgive me but since when does a British citizen need a visitor visa to visit the US?
Old May 14th 2012, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
Forgive me but since when does a British citizen need a visitor visa to visit the US?
I meant the 3 month visa waiver thing you get stapled in your passport or whatever it's called. The thing you pay $6 for.
Old May 14th 2012, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the 3 month visa waiver thing you get stapled in your passport or whatever it's called. The thing you pay $6 for.
Oh ok. I've never been to the US so wouldn't know but I didn't realise they put something in your passport when you enter under the visa waiver program.

Does anyone know if you have to get this thing thing that gets stapled into your passport stamped or removed when you leave the US? Also, it it only when you enter under the VWP by land as opposed to air that they put a form in your passport of do they do that if you fly in also?

That's the one thing I don't understand about the visa waiver program- I'm worried if I leave the US on it one day they will accuse me of overstaying when I want to go back...?

P.s. To anyone who says I should post this elsewhere, I consider this relevant as I need to know this in order to activate my IEC visa by crossing the Canada/US border, as I wish to initially spend some time as a tourist when I arrive in Canada before activating the IEC visa.....

Last edited by BritishExpatriate; May 14th 2012 at 2:00 pm.
Old May 14th 2012, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
Oh ok. I've never been to the US so wouldn't know but I didn't realise they put something in your passport when you enter under the visa waiver program. Does anyone know if you have to get this things stapled into your passport stamped or removed when you leave the US? That's the one thing I don't understand about the visa waiver program- I'm worried if I leave the US on it they will accuse me of overstaying when I want to go back...? Cheers
I went to the US for a holiday from Canada but don't know anything about the Visa waiver program. What exactly do we need to do when flagpolling for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.