Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:54 am

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by conjonway
Afraid not One year I went to the embassy in Buffalo because they'd messed up the entry date for my working holiday visa and nobody would change it.

Why not explain to your employer and take a 2 week vacation...

But would that 2 weeks be unpaid as my visa is up?
It's all going over my head this
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:06 am
Just Joined

tom21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received letter to say I am on to the second stage.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by techy2487
But would that 2 weeks be unpaid as my visa is up?
It's all going over my head this
Afraid it would be 2 unpaid weeks. You cannot work as a visitor, or once your visa expires. Also, check the work permit they put in your passport, that will have a date that you need to leave Canada by.

It is unfortunate they lost your stuff, I feel terrible for you but 2 weeks/month isn't as bad as it could be! In some people's cases they may be no longer eligible or miss a deadline!

I personally lost 4 months because of their mess up, and only got 8 months worth of a 1 year visa. It's also now had a knock on effect with my permanent residency application dates.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody had their payment email and had cor on 21st? seems like this is the unlucky day. will be 4 weeks on tuesday since cor!!!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by conjonway
Afraid it would be 2 unpaid weeks. You cannot work as a visitor, or once your visa expires. Also, check the work permit they put in your passport, that will have a date that you need to leave Canada by.

It is unfortunate they lost your stuff, I feel terrible for you but 2 weeks/month isn't as bad as it could be! In some people's cases they may be no longer eligible or miss a deadline!

I personally lost 4 months because of their mess up, and only got 8 months worth of a 1 year visa. It's also now had a knock on effect with my permanent residency application dates.
You could have applied via mail to get that amended, I guess it's a bit late now...but it is possible.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Third6
You could have applied via mail to get that amended, I guess it's a bit late now...but it is possible.
To get what amended ?
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by techy2487
To get what amended ?
The work permit only being valid for 8 months as opposed to the usual 12.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:34 am

So Canada Post have admitted flaws. Said they will pay for my delivery cost if I send it priority worldwide. That will get to England on Tuesday if I send it tomorrow.
A week lost. What a mess.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Quick question - When applying for a SIN card do you need proof of your new address or can you just nominate an address?

Tim
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tim010
Quick question - When applying for a SIN card do you need proof of your new address or can you just nominate an address?

Tim
I didn't need proof, I was still staying in a hostel when I went for mine and they were fine with that. Same for the bank account, opened it with my hostel address.

Then once you have a more permanent set up just up-date the addresses.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Third6
I didn't need proof, I was still staying in a hostel when I went for mine and they were fine with that. Same for the bank account, opened it with my hostel address.

Then once you have a more permanent set up just up-date the addresses.
Thanks for that....It's for a family member and I couldn't remember if I needed proof of address when I applied for mine in 2010.

Tim
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

alfgrimur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfgrimur
Pour moi:

Sent Application: 09/01/12
Delivered: 10/01/12
Receipt of Acknowledgment: 07/02/12
Payment requested: 28/02/12
Payment received/Sent to CIC: 01/03/12
LOI Received 16/03/12
Old Mar 16th 2012, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

alex17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application has been sent over to Visa Section yesterday, fingers crossed for the LOI. I have recently had a job offer from my Uncle's Company in Toronto and wish I had put this down on my application. Is there any way I can let them know? Thanks.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex17
Application has been sent over to Visa Section yesterday, fingers crossed for the LOI. I have recently had a job offer from my Uncle's Company in Toronto and wish I had put this down on my application. Is there any way I can let them know? Thanks.
Wouldn't think it was necessary, your application was accurate at the time you submitted it. And you don't need a job offer to get a LOI.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

scotspark will become famous soon enoughscotspark will become famous soon enough

Hi just wondering if anyone has had any problems with there application process and are also using a hotmail email address . I sent my app on the 10jan and it was received there on 11th by recorded delivery but come the middle of February I still had no confirmation email so I started to email them asking if there was some problem with my application . Still I heard nothing so and started sending more and more desperate emails on a daily basis !! Eventually on the 7th march I emailed using another account and they responded a few days later saying that this is a common problem with hotmail users who apply for IEC. Basically they had sent confirmation and request for payment and I had received nothing , I was lucky because my application was going to be rejected a few days later so I just squeezed in my payment and am into second phase now ! Just basically to give a heads up incase any1 else having similar problems .

Here what they said in email ,
This is quite common for those applicants who use a hotmail account to correspond with our office, as typical security settings on hotmail are too high to accept the letters and emails that are generated by our system in corresponding with you throughout the application process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.