International Experience Canada

Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by techy2487
Can anyone help me in relation to this.....

Hi guys
When you hear back of your conditional acceptance, how do they contact you? By email ? Or by post ?

Hope all is well.
email
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:25 pm

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mansfield250
email
cheers bro.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

We have now been waiting a total of seven and a half weeks - five weeks since our apps were forwarded to London (on 3rd Feb). Anyone from around this time still waiting?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:15 pm

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

Incidently, Royal Mail's tracking service tells me my details arrived in France on Saturday.
Any ideas when i should hear?

Best of luck everyone
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by techy2487
Incidently, Royal Mail's tracking service tells me my details arrived in France on Saturday.
Any ideas when i should hear?

Best of luck everyone
give it today or tomo- they received mine on a friday in feb and then i didn't hear back until monday afternoon! i'm trying not to countdown till i hear back and just keeping my mind pre-occupied with other stuff otherwise time l8ly seem so much slower since applying for this visa lol

really wish this was more like the nZ or Oz visa which takes literally hours/ days...then again not sure you can get career prospect jobs out there!

@craig1987! hope your having a ball matey! sounds amazing already- love the fact you have already bumped into some canadian ladies lol
Old Mar 14th 2011, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Blue
Sounds like spring is arriving. I'm hoping to go into May/June time so I'll buy some winter clothing whilst there. Saves a lot of room in my case if anything lol.

How cold DOES it get during winter. I've heard horror stories but I feel that they may have been exaggerated somewhat.
i think the worst it got this year was around -15 with the wind chill.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
That's what I plan on doing. Gonna try and break into the music business...gonna have my BA hons degree in Commercial Music (if I ever get this damn dissertation finished!!) by the time I leave and I've got some experience working with labels and stuff and some contacts over in Toronto so fingers crossed I can secure something when I get there. I'd even work for free and just get a bar job in the evenings and weekends cause there's nothing over here career wise for me.
this is exactly what i want to do- after looking on jobs for craigslist for montreal it doesn't look so good... so that dream might be over and might start in toronto now...i really hope the jobs situ. ain't that bad out there i really don't want to settle for any old crap! i'm tired of that now- doing this temp job gig atm has made me realise that lol
Old Mar 14th 2011, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kc85
@craig1987! hope your having a ball matey! sounds amazing already- love the fact you have already bumped into some canadian ladies lol
I don't like to waste time . Met quite a few people already. One girl has been veeeeery helpful. She's going to help me try to find a job and somewhere to live.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:07 am
Just Joined

ads9888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

Whats the deal with ID out there? Do they accept UK driving licenses as proof of age? or is it a 'bring passport out wherever you go' vibe?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:12 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ads9888
Hello there,

Whats the deal with ID out there? Do they accept UK driving licenses as proof of age? or is it a 'bring passport out wherever you go' vibe?
Most places if IDing are two peices of ID - for me the UK drivers license and a credit card with name on it are fine everywhere.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Hello there,

Do you means to bards and stuff?? In Toronto they always accepted my drivers license as ID.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info!

On a separate subject, travel insurance.

I know there was some discussion a few pages back about travel insurance for an open-ended trip (no return flight), but what travel insurance companies have people generally opted for (or will opt for)?

I've shortlisted 3 at the moment:

Multitrip
ACE
Essential Travel

Didn't want to go for some insurance, only to find that another company did the same for £40 cheaper etc...

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info!

On a separate subject, travel insurance.

I know there was some discussion a few pages back about travel insurance for an open-ended trip (no return flight), but what travel insurance companies have people generally opted for (or will opt for)?

I've shortlisted 3 at the moment:

Multitrip
ACE
Essential Travel

Didn't want to go for some insurance, only to find that another company did the same for £40 cheaper etc...

Any help would be appreciated.
I know virgin do one way cover but its about £350

Essential travel wont do cover a one way trip! I think il be going ACE just because its cheaper, think il call Multitrip now tho see what they say.

Edit - Just called multitrip and they said they will cover on a one way ticket and for a year its £180! online the quote is £126.44
, might have to go with these guys now

Last edited by mansfield250; Mar 14th 2011 at 5:59 am.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Essential travel wont do cover a one way trip! I think il be going ACE just because its cheaper, think il call Multitrip now tho see what they say.

Edit - Just called multitrip and they said they will cover on a one way ticket and for a year its £180! online the quote is £126.44
Sorry, think I should clarify. I'm going on a return trip for 6 months (was just referring to the fact that the only insurance discussion I could find was for open-ended trips)

Yeah I was thinking of going multitrip or ACE.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Good work! I'll have a look into that now - they seem to be pretty good, and they insure for work and wintersports. As long as they let you make trips back home I'm sold!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.