Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Do any canadian banks have affiliation to UK banks?? I'm wondering because when i was last in canada i went into Royal Bank, and some of the advertising on leaflets etc looked very similar to the advertising at Lloyds TSB. So similar that i asked the clerk but she just looked at me like i was weird... I dnt think she understood my accent
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:13 am
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think any banks have affiliation with each other apart from HSBC, Citibank and international banks like that.

My friend did get his amex account converted from home to Canada though.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Third6
You mean write a cheque for all your money using your UK account and pay it into your Canadian bank?? Sorry if I'm being retarded but so they accept UK cheques ok? Like if I write a cheque from Nationwide, President's Choice will accept it?
I just use regular cheques. My bank is RBC, you would have to check to see if Presidents Choice do the same.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
I don't think any banks have affiliation with each other apart from HSBC, Citibank and international banks like that.

My friend did get his amex account converted from home to Canada though.
Barclays used to have an agreement with Scotia Bank whereby you could use your Barclay's card at their ATM's and not incur additional fees. That was 7 years ago when I last did it, so not sure if they still do.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:52 am
Just Joined

stizzyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received my Letter of Introduction! Four weeks and one day after it was sent to London, although its dated the 15th which means it was processed exactly a month after they received it.

My timings were:

4th Feb - Application received in Paris and got my conditional acceptance the same day.

7th Feb - Made payment

15th Feb - Application sent to London

17th Feb - Today, received my LoI!!!!!

Has anyone else had theirs today? x
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Stizzy, I had mine conditionally accepted and forwarded on the 15th, too. Hoping to have some good news soon...
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:32 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stizzyb
Just received my Letter of Introduction! Four weeks and one day after it was sent to London, although its dated the 15th which means it was processed exactly a month after they received it.

My timings were:

4th Feb - Application received in Paris and got my conditional acceptance the same day.

7th Feb - Made payment

Same here!

LOI high five!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Same here!

LOI high five!!
Congratulations! They must be doing a big batch today.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:41 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Congratulations! They must be doing a big batch today.
Yup...it seems to be the way they've been running so far.

Pretty crappy email though! I'm going to feel worried giong to the border with this in my hand! Not even a picture of the Embassy logo or anything! In past years I got a nice letter signed, with lots of red going on - in the letterhead.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:43 am
Just Joined

jehstr is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Stizzy & Mattie!! Thanks for keeping us posted. Mine will be 4 weeks on Monday
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Yup...it seems to be the way they've been running so far.

Pretty crappy email though! I'm going to feel worried giong to the border with this in my hand! Not even a picture of the Embassy logo or anything! In past years I got a nice letter signed, with lots of red going on - in the letterhead.
I know, I thought that. It's not very official looking at all. I guess they'll double check the reference number on their system to make sure its all legitimate.

Thanks for the congrats, fingers crossed some more come through today too!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:04 am
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

My timings were:

7th Feb - Made payment

Mine got sent to London on the 14th Feb so hopefully it will be arriving soon. It does seem that they release LOI on a Thursday, two friends got theirs on a Thursday if my memory is correct.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my letter today too! it got sent to london 15th so was a little over 4 weeks
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:06 am
Just Joined

DCCL is an unknown quantity at this point

Also got mine today double high fives!!

also got sent to london on feb 15th, so 4 weeks 2 days.

Good Luck everyone with their adventures..
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Canuckinuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
Barclays used to have an agreement with Scotia Bank whereby you could use your Barclay's card at their ATM's and not incur additional fees. That was 7 years ago when I last did it, so not sure if they still do.
You can still do that with Barclays and Scotiabank they are part of the global atm alliance. Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ATM_Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.