Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

chriscanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
There's a page that tells you step by step on how to complete the form before you click the link to get the form. On that particular question you have to write N/A in both spaces (if i remember right).
I believe you just saved me a lot of time, Thanks , Wrote "Not Applicable" in all sections of the intended work
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:19 am
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any idea if there'll be many spaces left?

Waiting on my police certificate coming back, phoned em today and found out that they'll only be sending it off to me on this friday (so hope i get it back on saturday), but it's been like 12 days just now already, but at least after phoning them i know roughly when it's coming back. I just wanna get my application sent away ASAP!!!

When filling in the application, does it matter if everything's in block capitals or not? I aint filled it in in block capitals but ive already printed it off (dont have a printer so have to go round my mate's to print it off).
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

From what I hear spaces are not a problem. Hasn't been active for very long.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone have any idea if there'll be many spaces left?

Waiting on my police certificate coming back, phoned em today and found out that they'll only be sending it off to me on this friday (so hope i get it back on saturday), but it's been like 12 days just now already, but at least after phoning them i know roughly when it's coming back. I just wanna get my application sent away ASAP!!!

When filling in the application, does it matter if everything's in block capitals or not? I aint filled it in in block capitals but ive already printed it off (dont have a printer so have to go round my mate's to print it off).
Block Caps in black ink.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chriscanada
Block Caps in black ink.
Are you 100% sure dude? Didn't read anywhere that it had to be in block capitals, but I could be wrong...?

Anyone fill there's out not completely in block capitals???
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Are you 100% sure dude? Didn't read anywhere that it had to be in block capitals, but I could be wrong...?

Anyone fill there's out not completely in block capitals???
Oh, and i'm refering to the IEC application (i know that the police certificate application has to be filled out in block caps and black ink).
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, and i'm refering to the IEC application (i know that the police certificate application has to be filled out in block caps and black ink).
Its common practice, Makes it easier to read.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Its common practice, Makes it easier to read.
I already printed everything off not all in capitals, think I should go back and change it all into block capitals then?

Also, the two passport pictures that you have to give with the application, did you staple them onto the form?

(i was halfway filling out the older forms when i got an email saying that the form had changed and i had to download a new one, on the old forms there was a section that said "staple passport photos here" or something similar, but on the newer ones there's no box for that??)

Plus, did you staple any of the other sheets together?

Just wanna make sure I get everything 100% correct on it.

The older application looked so much easier to fill out, the newer one is a little more complicated!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

I already printed everything off not all in capitals, think I should go back and change it all into block capitals then?

Also, the two passport pictures that you have to give with the application, did you staple them onto the form?

(i was halfway filling out the older forms when i got an email saying that the form had changed and i had to download a new one, on the old forms there was a section that said "staple passport photos here" or something similar, but on the newer ones there's no box for that??)

Plus, did you staple any of the other sheets together?

Just wanna make sure I get everything 100% correct on it.

The older application looked so much easier to fill out, the newer one is a little more complicated!
see the checklist, you will need to download and fill out IMM 1295 & IMM 5645 from the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tions/work.asp

The 2 photos should be stapled in the bottom left corner in the box marked for official use only (first page of IMM 1295)

IMM 1295 should be filled out either online or with adobe reader, the form needs to be validated, when validation is completed the form will be 5 pages instead of 4, the 5th page will contain 5 barcodes with all the information you input.

Dont staple any of the sheets together.

Im of to sleep now, 10:37 here in canada, if you have any more questions just leave them here, il check back tomorrow.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: International Experience Canada

2 Quick questions guys if yo udo not mind?!

First, anyone recommend cheap insurance? That cover Irish citizens?

And second, a question pertaining to the IEC form, form IMM 1295, the section on previous countries of residence.
It states that 'during the past 5 years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence (indicated above) for more than six months?'

Now I lived in Scotland and Northern Ireland as well as Canada in the last 5 years, I assume I was a resident in Scotland (there for 6 years) and NI (there for 3 years), but with regards to living in Canada, I received the U35 work visa from USIT in 2007, but only stayed from circa 07th of May 2007 to Early October 2007, so less that 6 months, but I'm unsure should I put in I lived there, as I actually received a one year visa, even though I only stayed for about 5 and a half months?

Any suggestions guys?! Cheers!!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

oh man, this is confusing as hell, iv just seen i got an email saying theres new forms, but it also says they wont accept old forms after april 30th, so that means i can just send off the one iv done right?
does the whole iec form have to be in block capitals? because when i downloaded the old form pdf it already had some answers filled in like nationality and they werent in capitals? And i am meant to be using the computer to type answers where the boxes are and stuff right? only hand writing the specific obvious parts where there is no box? i really hope theres some visas left by the time i send this off

also, i definatly dont have to have a job lined up in canada do i? i can arrive and find work right? thats the whole point in the proof of funds?

Last edited by geetup; Apr 12th 2011 at 11:19 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

From what I hear spaces are not a problem. Hasn't been active for very long.
Out of interest, how do you know this? The program opened in mid January, there are only 5000 visas available, the Irish equivalent has already run out of theirs and in previous years Bunac have run out with a couple of months. So I'd have thought they'd be getting close to the 5000 visas, but wondering how you know there's still plenty left?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geetup
oh man, this is confusing as hell, iv just seen i got an email saying theres new forms, but it also says they wont accept old forms after april 30th, so that means i can just send off the one iv done right?
does the whole iec form have to be in block capitals? because when i downloaded the old form pdf it already had some answers filled in like nationality and they werent in capitals? And i am meant to be using the computer to type answers where the boxes are and stuff right? only hand writing the specific obvious parts where there is no box? i really hope theres some visas left by the time i send this off

also, i definatly dont have to have a job lined up in canada do i? i can arrive and find work right? thats the whole point in the proof of funds?
I'm in the same situation as you just now dude, was all ready to fill out the application and was sent an email saying that the application changed and that i had to download a new one cause they wouldnt accept the old ones sent after the 30th of april. I was tempted to fill out the old one (cause it looked so much easier), but i decided to download the new one and fill that out cause i dont want it to get rejected on something silly like that. The new one isnt all that more complicated though, there's two extra forms you have to download though (work permit made outside of canada and a form you have to fill out family details on). So i suggest downloading the new one.

As for filling it out in block capitals, I'm not 100% sure, one guy here says that you have to fill it out in block caps, but when you download the form, some of your details aren't in block capitals, so i'm not 100% sure at all. If anyone else has sent away the form can they confirm whether it has to be in block caps or what???
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Out of interest, how do you know this? The program opened in mid January, there are only 5000 visas available, the Irish equivalent has already run out of theirs and in previous years Bunac have run out with a couple of months. So I'd have thought they'd be getting close to the 5000 visas, but wondering how you know there's still plenty left?
I'm actually shitting myself about this just now, need to get mine sent away ASAP! Just wish the police report would hurry up and get back cause i've got everything else completed!!!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation as you just now dude, was all ready to fill out the application and was sent an email saying that the application changed and that i had to download a new one cause they wouldnt accept the old ones sent after the 30th of april. I was tempted to fill out the old one (cause it looked so much easier), but i decided to download the new one and fill that out cause i dont want it to get rejected on something silly like that. The new one isnt all that more complicated though, there's two extra forms you have to download though (work permit made outside of canada and a form you have to fill out family details on). So i suggest downloading the new one.

As for filling it out in block capitals, I'm not 100% sure, one guy here says that you have to fill it out in block caps, but when you download the form, some of your details aren't in block capitals, so i'm not 100% sure at all. If anyone else has sent away the form can they confirm whether it has to be in block caps or what???
the new form has parts where there is no box to type in the answers, name nationality passport number etc, even email address, does that mean it has to be in pen? i guess block capitals would be the way to do it, not sure, PLUS the whole work history and education history part is no longer included? man this is confusing

Last edited by geetup; Apr 12th 2011 at 11:50 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.