Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:16 am
Just Joined

carrie82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Hi all

I was hoping someone might be able to help.

My boyfirend and i are applying for the IEC scheme and last week paid the 90GBP payment each in the same way and uploaded the same document for proof of payment.

I recieved an email the next morning from the embassy of canada in france saying that my application has been forwarded to London. However, my boyfriend has not recieved anything similar.... this was 1 week ago. Has anyone experienced anything similiar/ had delays recieving the email after paying the fees? I'm just wondering whether we should start another application process for him or whether it would be worth reuploading the prrof of payment.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by carrie82
Hi all

My boyfirend and i are applying for the IEC scheme and last week paid the 90GBP payment each in the same way and uploaded the same document for proof of payment.

I recieved an email the next morning from the embassy of canada in france saying that my application has been forwarded to London. However, my boyfriend has not recieved anything similar.... this was 1 week ago. Has anyone experienced anything similiar/ had delays recieving the email after paying the fees? I'm just wondering whether we should start another application process for him or whether it would be worth reuploading the prrof of payment.

I think that maybe they just haven't got round to his, im sure they would let you know if there was a problem
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I wouldn't worry, there have been many similar cases of this. It took 2 weeks for me to receive the follow up email about being forwarded to London
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:07 am
Just Joined

msteward is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

My partner and I were in the same situation, both sent on the same day but I received my confirmation over a week later than she did. I ended up contacting my bank who said wire transfers are sometimes held for fraud checks/additional security checks so could just be that (looks as if it was in my case).
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

katjemph is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: International Experience Canada

Hi

I'm am new to this..

I am hoping someone can help or might be in the same situation??

I received my email saying they acknowledged receipt of my application in France - happy days. So I am been on here quite a bit and A LOT of people seem to have got their second email/acceptance email either within hours or at the most 2 days. This is now the second day and still NO word - I am getting very worried

Is no news, good news as they say?? I am 100% my application was filled in correctly,etc.

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by katjemph
Hi

I'm am new to this..

I am hoping someone can help or might be in the same situation??

I received my email saying they acknowledged receipt of my application in France - happy days. So I am been on here quite a bit and A LOT of people seem to have got their second email/acceptance email either within hours or at the most 2 days. This is now the second day and still NO word - I am getting very worried

Is no news, good news as they say?? I am 100% my application was filled in correctly,etc.

Hope someone can help

Cheers
They probably haven't got round to it yet bud, don't worry If everything is done correctly you will be accepted in the first stage its the second part that takes a long time! give it a couple more days.. hope this helps
Old Apr 9th 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

katjemph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks. Yep I was patient and now I can finally say I got my conditonal acceptance.

Now I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!

OK you make the transfer of money - I get that, and I have uploaded the form that you fill in for proof of payment - BUT WHERE DO YOU SEND IT TO???????????????? AND HOW???

I think I am just getting myself all stressed out and it is all prob soo simple, lol

Please somebody help as I only have a few days left to do this!!

Cheers
Kat
Old Apr 9th 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katjemph
Hi

Thanks. Yep I was patient and now I can finally say I got my conditonal acceptance.

Now I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!

OK you make the transfer of money - I get that, and I have uploaded the form that you fill in for proof of payment - BUT WHERE DO YOU SEND IT TO???????????????? AND HOW???

I think I am just getting myself all stressed out and it is all prob soo simple, lol

Please somebody help as I only have a few days left to do this!!

Cheers
Kat
On the email they sent you with the acceptance it gives you instructions on what to do, go to your bank make the transfer to the embassy of canada in france, the correct names are on the email (and all the numbers), once you have sent the wire transfer through... scan your proof of payment from your bank clearly stating what it ask's in the email, turn it into a PDF file,(you can go to one of those copy shops and ask them to send it your email address or something) once you have done that their should be a link in your email if you click it, it will take you to a page where you upload your proof of payment form etc.. then just send it like that, once the embassy receive it they will email you. - Thats exactly how I did it.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:00 am
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm currently filling out the IEC Application, one of the questions; Have you ever previously applied for any Canadian visas (For example: Permanent Resident, Temp Resident (visitor, student, worker), Temp Resident Permit)?

I visited Toronto twice on holidays when i was younger (once for 10 days, once for 14 days), so would I need to click Yes and give details?
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
Hi there, I'm currently filling out the IEC Application, one of the questions; Have you ever previously applied for any Canadian visas (For example: Permanent Resident, Temp Resident (visitor, student, worker), Temp Resident Permit)?

I visited Toronto twice on holidays when i was younger (once for 10 days, once for 14 days), so would I need to click Yes and give details?

I didn't because I forgot about it, and their wasn't enough room to write it on my application because I had already used the space to speak about my reprimand, (I visited Canada for a couple of weeks) I think it's not as important if you don't mention little vacations like that but if you have ever had a working visa or whatever then you should defo mention it. hope this helps..
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:47 am
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, im looking at sending off the application form in about a week when my police check comes through, does anyone know what they chances of their being any spaces left by then? i really need this bad, i hope to god i get a visa,
also, do you just print out the application form? in colour as some of the pages are kinda green an stuff? thanks

also, does the police check check your background? i know its a stupid question but ya have to fill in if youv been arrested before and whatnot, will being arrested once for drunk and disorderly 4 years ago be a problem for gettin the visa?

Last edited by geetup; Apr 11th 2011 at 3:54 am.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geetup
hey, im looking at sending off the application form in about a week when my police check comes through, does anyone know what they chances of their being any spaces left by then? i really need this bad, i hope to god i get a visa,
also, do you just print out the application form? in colour as some of the pages are kinda green an stuff? thanks

also, does the police check check your background? i know its a stupid question but ya have to fill in if youv been arrested before and whatnot, will being arrested once for drunk and disorderly 4 years ago be a problem for gettin the visa?
I got a reprimand 5 years ago when i was 15 and It came up on my police check, I haven't received my visa yet but their has been no problems so far, so I dont think it should be a problem for you either. Be honest about things like that, because if they catch you out lying on your application they can ban you from Canada for being dishonest. I am pretty sure their are still places left so don't worry about that, just sent it in as soon as you can. Also yes you print off the application exactly how it is displayed on your pc.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:58 am
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jakebhatt
I got a reprimand 5 years ago when i was 15 and It came up on my police check, I haven't received my visa yet but their has been no problems so far, so I dont think it should be a problem for you either. Be honest about things like that, because if they catch you out lying on your application they can ban you from Canada for being dishonest. I am pretty sure their are still places left so don't worry about that, just sent it in as soon as you can. Also yes you print off the application exactly how it is displayed on your pc.
I just printed off the application yesterday, as the previous guy said, some of the colours showed up green instead of red. But everything looked ok (apart from the colours), don't think it should matter that much?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
I just printed off the application yesterday, as the previous guy said, some of the colours showed up green instead of red. But everything looked ok (apart from the colours), don't think it should matter that much?
I don't think it will matter, Just I didn't send mine off like that, my colors were fine - Don't worry though im sure it will be fine.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

MANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Im on week 5 out of the 6 weeks they said it would take and the wait is just killing me now. Some ppl have got theirs early and others are still waiting after the original waiting date. I just wanna know where i stand and when i will get it. The wait is the worst part in all this. Arghhhhh!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.