Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Can someone please enlighten me as to whether an IEC Open Work Permit + Offer of Permanent Employment Letter is valid for Federal Skilled Worker Category 2?

There was some discussion in this thread stating that an LMO/AEO isn't necessary, however this was never 100% clarified and I find it hard to believe that you could use an Open Permit because it's not approved by HRSDC.

Does anyone know? My closed work permit is going to expire soon so it'd be good to know that this is an option if I can't find another employer willing to do the LMO stuff.

You need an AEO to apply for FSW 2, if you read the other thread properly you'll see that there are certain work permits where an AEO isn't necessary mostly because they've already been through the LMO process.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Little Blue
Well, seeing as they're going with Air Canada by the looks of it...that seems to be a safe bet. We'll see though. If that's the case then I'll also be looking elsewhere.

I guess it also depends on peak times too.
Well got an email from Bunac today telling me group flights are now available....

I went through the process to find that their flights leave once a month from London, On or around the 18th of that month.... 18th may, 17 June etc.

I think looked at a price with no extra hostel stay and adv i havent booked any insurance yet..... Total price £716

I could fly my family to Canada for tht price!!! Time to research my own flights!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Hi all,

I'm in Vancouver! Pretty chilly and rainy here so far - think everyone's waiting for spring/summer to come round!

Immigration couldn't have been easier (apart from a one-hour wait in line) - just handed over my LoI and passport to the officer who typed stuff in and stapled in my visa. No check of proof of funds or insurance after all that stress!

Currently staying in the Samesun hostel on Granville Street - it's not too bad! Decent rooms, good free breakfast (and fry-ups for $2 if you want), and cheap meals/bar downstairs. The Cambie hostel on Seymour Street looks ok too (as opposed to the Cambie in Gastown, which looks TERRIBLE!).

If anyone wants any help/advice from someone who's made the move, feel free to throw them my way. I can't guarantee that there'll be a quick answer, but I'll try!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:41 pm
Travelbug

poubelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Galacticos
Well got an email from Bunac today telling me group flights are now available....

I went through the process to find that their flights leave once a month from London, On or around the 18th of that month.... 18th may, 17 June etc.

I think looked at a price with no extra hostel stay and adv i havent booked any insurance yet..... Total price £716

I could fly my family to Canada for tht price!!! Time to research my own flights!!
SRSLY??? jeeeesus! I didn't go with BUNAC because it was too expensive, but that flight cost would have toppled me. Why don't you get some form of discount for the flight?? To be honest there's nothing stopping a handful of you guys booking the same flight as the group one and turning up. You could have your own tshirts haha!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Nic_Van is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to everyone who has their LOI! To those people who've applied for their IEC from Canada, what did you do about insurance? I'm struggling to find a company that'll give you insurance if you haven't lived in the UK for the past year... argh!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:26 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nic_Van
Congrats to everyone who has their LOI! To those people who've applied for their IEC from Canada, what did you do about insurance? I'm struggling to find a company that'll give you insurance if you haven't lived in the UK for the past year... argh!
I had to go with World Nomads for this. Expensive mind!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Nic_Van is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
I had to go with World Nomads for this. Expensive mind!
Thanks for that! Will give them a try. Grr to expense...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

tanomartone is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been AWOL from this sight for a while after i got my conditional acceptance letter as i was pooping myself incase my letter of introduction came through! Finally it arrived yesterday!

Im not someone who posts online an awful lot, but in this instance i feel like i should share my outcome with people as this forum has been more helpful than anything else out there.

acceptance of receipt: 2nd March
conditional acceptance: 3rd March
proof of funds sent: 4th March
Letter of introduction: 29th March

So now i can relax! The one thing people may wish to note is that i am currently on a O1 visa working in the States. (Have been for the last two years).
As I was born and raised in the UK and went to school, had jobs etc they saw my two year working period in the USA as temporary work. I was originally unsure of when they mention you can only be working temporarily out of the country, if they would accept my application.

Its all good now and my travel plans are all in motion!

Good luck all!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tanomartone
I have been AWOL from this sight for a while after i got my conditional acceptance letter as i was pooping myself incase my letter of introduction came through! Finally it arrived yesterday!

Im not someone who posts online an awful lot, but in this instance i feel like i should share my outcome with people as this forum has been more helpful than anything else out there.

acceptance of receipt: 2nd March
conditional acceptance: 3rd March
proof of funds sent: 4th March
Letter of introduction: 29th March

So now i can relax! The one thing people may wish to note is that i am currently on a O1 visa working in the States. (Have been for the last two years).
As I was born and raised in the UK and went to school, had jobs etc they saw my two year working period in the USA as temporary work. I was originally unsure of when they mention you can only be working temporarily out of the country, if they would accept my application.

Its all good now and my travel plans are all in motion!

Good luck all!
You got through the entire process in just under 4 weeks? There are a lot of people who would hate to see that, especially those who sent their application in days after the scheme opened and still haven't received an update on the status of their application 9-10 weeks later.

That aside, congratulations
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:44 am
Just Joined

tanomartone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
You got through the entire process in just under 4 weeks? There are a lot of people who would hate to see that, especially those who sent their application in days after the scheme opened and still haven't received an update on the status of their application 9-10 weeks later.

That aside, congratulations
I know! But hey, im not complaining! Although I must say,im surprised at how quickly my application was processed.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Manic con is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody else's time passed that they said you would have received word.it has for me.I sent them email but their reply was not helpful at all
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Nick203 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 6 weeks processing time was up yesterday, sent them an e-mail today an got an automated response, how much longer do I have to wait!!!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Manic con is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick203
My 6 weeks processing time was up yesterday, sent them an e-mail today an got an automated response, how much longer do I have to wait!!!
I'm the same just wish I knew one way r the other.its the not knowing that's getting to me.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Nick203 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my letter of introduction today, took 4 weeks and 3 days in London, it's such a relief to get it, good luck to everyone still waiting hang in there
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

I sent mine in 7 weeks ago they estimated my processing time 6 weeks but it has passed, I emailed them they said 8 weeks or more, everyone just has to wait it out, Im sure most of you are getting accepted so try not to worry..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.