Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Re: International Experience Canada

hahaha what the hell pubs have you been going to Craig mate?! I never experienced any of that while I was there and we went out drinking every night! Actually, we went to Guvernment one night and got a bit of frisk but nothing too out of the ordinary. I highly suggest going there once you get a job, it's hella expensive! I paid $15 for a double vodka and orange in there haha but it was a nice place, everyone was very friendly and the music was good.

I'm 4 weeks today so hopefully I'll hear this week! Dissertation is due in a matter of weeks as well. AHHHHHHHHHH
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:36 am
Just Joined

steveo88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone expecting to get their LOI this week or next? Im on my third week of it being in Laandan and the wait is killing me now iv finished work! Hoping to be in Vancouver in 2 weeks all being well
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveo88
Anyone expecting to get their LOI this week or next? Im on my third week of it being in Laandan and the wait is killing me now iv finished work! Hoping to be in Vancouver in 2 weeks all being well
I've been waiting about 5 weeks now...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
I've been waiting about 5 weeks now...
i've been waiting 6
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:11 am
Just Joined

jehstr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chanceUK
i've been waiting 6
in total..? or 6 weeks since your App was sent to London?

I am 4 weeks to the day when app was sent to London. Expecting mine this week
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jehstr
in total..? or 6 weeks since your App was sent to London?

I am 4 weeks to the day when app was sent to London. Expecting mine this week
6 since being sent to london
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I think they quoted 8 week turnaround when I initally applied so I'm well within that. It'd be nice to have it done quicker though!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about

With regards to the turnaround date folks, what is the relevant date with regards to submission for your second year?

What I mean is if you get the first year, fingers crossed I do, I will need to go to Canada before mid June 2011 as I want to apply for the second year, and as I turn 35 in mid June 2011, to get the second year while still 35 I will need to apply and receive before mid June 2012, so my question is do I need to leave Belfast and be in Canada with an active visa before mid June? Of is my visa 'active' from the moment I apply?

Cheers!!!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

kiis102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Lost Paddy
With regards to the turnaround date folks, what is the relevant date with regards to submission for your second year?

What I mean is if you get the first year, fingers crossed I do, I will need to go to Canada before mid June 2011 as I want to apply for the second year, and as I turn 35 in mid June 2011, to get the second year while still 35 I will need to apply and receive before mid June 2012, so my question is do I need to leave Belfast and be in Canada with an active visa before mid June? Of is my visa 'active' from the moment I apply?

Cheers!!!
Your turning 35 this year?? The UK IEC is only for people 30 and below, oh dear....
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Galacticos
Oh you loved it really. lol.
Caught... LOL.

Originally Posted by poubelle
ha that's brilliant! well not so great for you...but great still! How is the nightlife been? making friends/getting to know folks been a breeze? how's ye olde flat hunt going? Qs! Qs!
The nightlife seems ok. Only been out 3 times, but had a good time. Clubs are better as everyone sits in the bars, so you can't really talk to people other than those you're with. Getting to know people has been good, but I've mostly just met people who are staying at the same hostel. I've been kinda lazy. The serious flat hunting/job hunting starts today.

Originally Posted by Third6
hahaha what the hell pubs have you been going to Craig mate?! I never experienced any of that while I was there and we went out drinking every night! Actually, we went to Guvernment one night and got a bit of frisk but nothing too out of the ordinary. I highly suggest going there once you get a job, it's hella expensive! I paid $15 for a double vodka and orange in there haha but it was a nice place, everyone was very friendly and the music was good.
It was Guvernment I went to. Not really my scene tbh. I'm into rock music, so normally go to the Cathouse in glasgow \m/ .

Guvernment was ok though. I can go to places like that, but would prefer somewhere that plays rock music. I went to guvernment with 2 american girls, 1 canadian girl and an english girl. I had to keep telling some asian guy to F*** off because he was trying to talk to one of the girls I was with, but he was creeping her out. She kept asking him to leave her alone.

It was kindof expensive. As a matter of fact, every bar here (that i've been to) is expensive. I went to the hard rock cafe and liked it, but I hate the fact that you have to get a table.

I'm the guy with the maple leafs shirt and ferrari hat... People in Canada like my accent lol.
Attached Thumbnails International Experience Canada-197596_1454075131493_1821772252_829765_5427558_n.jpg  
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kiis102
Your turning 35 this year?? The UK IEC is only for people 30 and below, oh dear....
Irish is 35
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

kiis102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Irish is 35
Oh nice, didn't know he was in Ireland. Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kiis102
Am Irish mate, ours is 35 at time of application so I'm a wee bit concerned about getting it before mid june so I can get the 2nd year...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Caught... LOL.

The nightlife seems ok. Only been out 3 times, but had a good time. Clubs are better as everyone sits in the bars, so you can't really talk to people other than those you're with. Getting to know people has been good, but I've mostly just met people who are staying at the same hostel. I've been kinda lazy. The serious flat hunting/job hunting starts today.

It was Guvernment I went to. Not really my scene tbh. I'm into rock music, so normally go to the Cathouse in glasgow \m/ .

Guvernment was ok though. I can go to places like that, but would prefer somewhere that plays rock music. I went to guvernment with 2 american girls, 1 canadian girl and an english girl. I had to keep telling some asian guy to F*** off because he was trying to talk to one of the girls I was with, but he was creeping her out. She kept asking him to leave her alone.

It was kindof expensive. As a matter of fact, every bar here (that i've been to) is expensive. I went to the hard rock cafe and liked it, but I hate the fact that you have to get a table.

I'm the guy with the maple leafs shirt and ferrari hat... People in Canada like my accent lol.
ahhh so glad your loving it mate...let us know how the job hunt goes gd luck...i've stopped counting down until i hear back for my LOI- too much stress...lol p.s craig be honest with me- am i going to fall in love with another canadian girl again? i really hope not...i can't deal with any more holiday romances lol
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I like rock music too but I do love a good electro DJ every now and then. In fact...I just love music! That's why I'm studying it I do like a bit of the Cathouse, not been in ages though which is weird seeing as I live on the street it's on haha

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself though man, the Canadians do love a Scottish accent!

Oh and to the guy asking about applying again next year, as long as you're 35 when you actually apply you'll be fine. Even if you're 36 when you actually activate the visa as long as you're of age when you apply you're good to go. That's what it is for the UK one anyway...well it's only people 30 and below but I would presume the logistics are the same. Check out the Irish IEC website for verification though.

Last edited by Third6; Mar 21st 2011 at 12:08 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.