Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

I don't know whether to tell you lot this as it may amount to nothing...........

Wellllllllllllll........

Tonight we had enquiry from someone who wants to part exchange their house for our house.

Last week we changed our details to say we would consider part exchange for a smaller house. That way we could release some equity and be able to afford to rent the smaller house out while we were in Oz. Then hopefully sell it when the market improves.

They haven't seen our house and we haven't seen theirs so it could be a non starter - but a little bit of hope is a good thing!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:39 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I don't know whether to tell you lot this as it may amount to nothing...........

Wellllllllllllll........

Tonight we had enquiry from someone who wants to part exchange their house for our house.

Last week we changed our details to say we would consider part exchange for a smaller house. That way we could release some equity and be able to afford to rent the smaller house out while we were in Oz. Then hopefully sell it when the market improves.

They haven't seen our house and we haven't seen theirs so it could be a non starter - but a little bit of hope is a good thing!

at least youre keeping your options open
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Wellllllllllllll........

A little bit of hope can go along way.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
at least youre keeping your options open
Originally Posted by christina225
A little bit of hope can go along way.
Thanks guys

Found out today there is a complication in our application - so it may take an extra month. So a little bit of good news has cheered us up.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Wellllllllllllll........

sounds like a bit of a plan if you ask me
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
Hope so - Im going to be lazing in a geothermic spa in Iceland (NO not the shop!!)
Splendid!

We tried to get over last summer for the midnight sun etc. Got a bit complicated and we didn't go, but hope we can get over before we move downunder.

Hope you have an amazing time!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:55 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

sounds like a bit of a plan if you ask me

at least they've got one a mo, i've giving up with them
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

at least they've got one a mo, i've giving up with them

Don't give up - there is hope!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah come on everyone lets try stay positive
Ok - what made you smile today?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah come on everyone lets try stay positive
Ok - what made you smile today?
Opening a bottle of wine, I'm sad to say - it was a pig of a day!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:51 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how much this will help those of you hanging on to sell but I have been where you are.
We went out to Oz in Jan 06, bought a house in June 06, the only house under $400k in the area, very good area, close to the beach etc.
We came back in July and sold our house for $20k less then we paid for it.
There are now loads of houses where we used to live for around $360k that are not selling.
So though you are loosing here you will be in the driving seat once you get to Oz.

From a buyers point of view here, we are waiting to see what happens. Spoke to an estate agent the other day and he recommended that we view some houses put in an offer, if things do go down we can always pull out!!

I personally would never even view unless I was ready to buy, I know how much effort we put into every viewing, just to find out the viewers were just passing and thought they would have a look.

Kev.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kevinl
Not sure how much this will help those of you hanging on to sell but I have been where you are.
We went out to Oz in Jan 06, bought a house in June 06, the only house under $400k in the area, very good area, close to the beach etc.
We came back in July and sold our house for $20k less then we paid for it.
There are now loads of houses where we used to live for around $360k that are not selling.
So though you are loosing here you will be in the driving seat once you get to Oz.

From a buyers point of view here, we are waiting to see what happens. Spoke to an estate agent the other day and he recommended that we view some houses put in an offer, if things do go down we can always pull out!!

I personally would never even view unless I was ready to buy, I know how much effort we put into every viewing, just to find out the viewers were just passing and thought they would have a look.

Kev.

Thanks Kev!

Can't believe the EA suggested you pull out of a sale. :curse:

You're right - you shouldn't view a house unless you're in a position to buy. Unfortunately lots of people do.

What brings you back to the UK???
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all!

Originally Posted by christina225
Afternoon ladies and gents, hope you've all had a good day, I'm pissed off, had a new EA coming round at 5pm and they have just called to cancel it. Don't they know that I've been running round getting it all lully and tidy for them:curse: Do I want to re-schedule, no I F***ing don't, I want to slit my wrists.
Rant over
Christina
:curse: well you know what to tell that EA!

LOL there are only 2!! and no this wasnt knicker drawer ex this one was real cute just didnt want to go to oz with anyone let alone me
ooh tough choices - cute guy vs going to oz ...

Originally Posted by LauraC
Exchange date set for 22nd October. Getting a bit scary now.
good luck

dont you share the fee between them, thats why the % is usually higher, but i have been known to be wrong
anyway had a bit of a day really, just having a blip and feeling abit emotional today, for gods sake no one be sympathetic otherwise i shall burst into tears
no you dont share the fee between them - you pay the one who gets you the sale (which is why you have to be careful or you can end up having to pay both of them)
the reason the fee is usually higher is because they are running a higher risk of not getting paid.

hope you are feeling better today

Wellllllllllllll........

this sounds like an excellent idea
have you looked into the idea of renting yet? what would you need to do? management company, insurance, what sort of percentage do you need to put aside for repairs/updating etc?
ooh the more i think about this the more complicated it seems to get (sorry wasnt meaing to be negative )

Originally Posted by kevinl
Spoke to an estate agent the other day and he recommended that we view some houses put in an offer, if things do go down we can always pull out!!

Kev.
no wonder we are all having so much trouble with viewers/buyers if the EAs are suggesting things like this :curse:
good on you for thinking of those poor house sellers!!
k on its way.

Adele
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning all, well you all had a bust night last night while I was at keep fit class

Have to try something to keep weight off as keep eating chocolate as so depressing.

As I have viewer tonight I will be back to being Cinders this afternoon.

The houses will sell, it is just taking a bit of time lets hope they put the interest rate down tomorrow which will put a bit of confidence back in the market

Stress makes you tearful, it is only a house we are selling

Karma vibes to you all, (have to spread it around apparantly)
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Morning all, well you all had a bust night last night while I was at keep fit class

Have to try something to keep weight off as keep eating chocolate as so depressing.

As I have viewer tonight I will be back to being Cinders this afternoon.

The houses will sell, it is just taking a bit of time lets hope they put the interest rate down tomorrow which will put a bit of confidence back in the market

Stress makes you tearful, it is only a house we are selling

Karma vibes to you all, (have to spread it around apparantly)

Morning Somme,

Hope the cleaning isn't too bad - I'm just doing the same thing myself. Boring and tiring doing all this cleaning isn't it? I'm shattered as I stayed up last night to speak to Oz to iron out a glitch in our visa application and then had to get up at 7am. OH wondered why I nearly bit his head off when he didn't see why it was important to make the bed and pick up his clothes from the floor as we have someone coming to see the house. GRRRR MEN.:curse:

Fingers crossed for a drop in the interest rate - bet they don't.

Very impressed with the keep fit class! I've put on weight too - too much time infront of the computer and too much wine for the stress!

Good luck to everyone today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.