Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:52 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
What will you do with the house if it isn't sold, have you got a buyer ?
We have two buyers .....who havent sold ( one of them did have a buyer but they pulled out a couple weeks ago ) ....we would have been all done and dusted, thats why we booked the flights.

Well the house will be left in the hands of my parents ........not what i want but i have no other option
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - us too - although it will be a bit colder in Adelaide sometimes. LOL.
Bloody freezing in the winter according to my daughter who was there in June [/QUOTE]

Only place that will have us, so have to put up with the cold 3 months a year. Reckopn it's a small price to pay!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i never was any good at making my mind up - in a restaurant i am always still deciding what to eat while everyone else is ordering!

we are still waiting to hear back from Graz's job interview in Adelaide so we could still be off to SA otherwise it is likely to be Canberra ...
Come to Adelaide with us!!! My OH is a computer bod, so you'd be able to talk binery stuff.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:53 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Interest rate drop would be good for house selling, not sure about exchange rate though as the rate today is $2.23 to £

Just keeping my mind off selling the house
you do know you are not helping dont you
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
We have two buyers .....who havent sold ( one of them did have a buyer but they pulled out a couple weeks ago ) ....we would have been all done and dusted, thats why we booked the flights.

Well the house will be left in the hands of my parents ........not what i want but i have no other option

It'll work out - promise! Get out there, have some fun, get your new life sorted and the house sale will fall into place.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:55 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Come to Adelaide with us!!! My OH is a computer bod, so you'd be able to talk binery stuff.
lol - like thats an incentive
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I dare not think about the exchange rate yet! Just concentrating my super powers on the BofE to reduce the interest rate!

So sooorry, I am hoping if it affects the USD it will hike up the AUD, trust me I am an accountant

Haven't you got a viewing this arvo, (see slipping stralian in already!)
Yeah, not til 5.30 though, done upstairs just having a break
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

So sooorry, I am hoping if it affects the USD it will hike up the AUD, trust me I am an accountant
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, not til 5.30 though, done upstairs just having a break
Your house must be spotless Somme - you seem to clean it all the time! When I have a viewing I spend a lot of time just hiding the disgusting stuff. LOL. Wonder why I haven't sold...................
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

What a coincidence! we're off to Adelaide and had an EA touting for business at the door yesterday!! God they must be desperate. It does make me feel a bit better about not selling the house!

We must all try to beat them down on commission rates if they're this eager to take us on!
Oh snap lol! I beat them down to 0.85% but tbh you do get what you pay for, I am having to do the viewings myself, but as we were going to try selling privatly this seemed a good compromise.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
lol - like thats an incentive

And we're lovely people.....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:04 am
sneaking a peek ...

we dont want the AUD to go up tho do we? ... hang on let me get my head around this ...
we need the GBP to be high and we need the A$ to be low to get max for our exchange rate - have i got that the right way around?
so we need the uk interest rate to go up ... but that is going to put off our buyers
i dont think i am very good with this money thing
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Oh snap lol! I beat them down to 0.85% but tbh you do get what you pay for, I am having to do the viewings myself, but as we were going to try selling privatly this seemed a good compromise.
We had an EA and now we're selling privately. Just had another EA 'round for a valuation, (this one was invited!). Bad news, he reckons the house would be worth more if we waited until the spring as there are no buyers around. He said to get a buyer we would have to drop the price so people would commit to get a bargain. Not what we wanted to hear - but honest.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:07 am
sneaking a peek ...

And we're lovely people.....
of course
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG, have to get off this thread, have a washing machine man coming in 5 mins. (NO SMUTTY JOKES PLEASE )

Plus I have done no work due to EA and have to sort some paperwork out for visa PDQ or there won't be any point selling the house......

I think I must be addicted like Tiggs.......
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:12 am
sneaking a peek ...

OMG, have to get off this thread, have a washing machine man coming in 5 mins. (NO SMUTTY JOKES PLEASE )

Plus I have done no work due to EA and have to sort some paperwork out for visa PDQ or there won't be any point selling the house......

I think I must be addicted like Tiggs.......
me? ... addicted? ... whatever gave you that idea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.