Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:01 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
Oh Sh*t :curse:, this has been hard from the beginning, bloody hell :curse:

Best make a good impression today
definitely fingers crossed for your viewing!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

If a property is on the market too long it goes stale and then buyers think there is something wrong with the house/area according to those in the know, is that right Bushy?
Mine must be rotted let alone stale. LOL! It's been on the market since June!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

from Callum x
Thanks Callum!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bushman
Thanks Bushey.

I love my house and I don't want to sell it for peanuts but it looks like I'll have to.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:45 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

afternoon all, been out shopping today for summer stuff to take on our reccie trip had to do something to take my mind of this house selling ( or lack of it) lark! anyway didnt get alot shops are full of great big grey sweaters
your viewer still coming at 5.30 somme?, fingers crossed for a good one x
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Mine must be rotted let alone stale. LOL! It's been on the market since June!

mines been on since xmas so what would you call that
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

definitely fingers crossed for your viewing!
Thanks, beds changed, vacuumed, floors washed that clean water never changed colour bathrooms cleaned, flowers arranged. Can't do anymore.

A knock at the door from someone just up the street who has their house on the market to say same viewing theirs as well (at 35K more), no bigger but detached and has said hers will prob sell before mine Quote Mine is detached :curse:

What could I say to that
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

My dream is becoming a nightmare
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, well you all had a bust night last night while I was at keep fit class

Have to try something to keep weight off as keep eating chocolate as so depressing.

As I have viewer tonight I will be back to being Cinders this afternoon.

The houses will sell, it is just taking a bit of time lets hope they put the interest rate down tomorrow which will put a bit of confidence back in the market

Stress makes you tearful, it is only a house we are selling

Karma vibes to you all, (have to spread it around apparantly)
whats one of those??
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

My dream is becoming a nightmare

you ok somme?? wheres the 'hug' smilie??
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
whats one of those??
Should have read BUSY night, must have been thinking of those exerices I was doing last night
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, beds changed, vacuumed, floors washed that clean water never changed colour bathrooms cleaned, flowers arranged. Can't do anymore.

A knock at the door from someone just up the street who has their house on the market to say same viewing theirs as well (at 35K more), no bigger but detached and has said hers will prob sell before mine Quote Mine is detached :curse:

What could I say to that
semi detached =cheaper heating bills because you are protected on one side from weather and benefit from their heating as well. Have a neighbour to chat with and help with cutting hedges,borrow sugar from....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
you ok somme?? wheres the 'hug' smilie??
Yeah, had a bit of a cry and now feel better, sress of trying to get to Oz, at least we have the visa and enough money to validate.

How is your sale and visa going, love the new avatar
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sloane46
semi detached =cheaper heating bills because you are protected on one side from weather and benefit from their heating as well. Have a neighbour to chat with and help with cutting hedges,borrow sugar from....
Thanks, hard to think of the posatives when some one floors you
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

How is singapore airport? We have a viewer today. I am still jealous
Originally Posted by Issie
Lucky you .......hows singagpore ?

Which hotel are you staying in ?
Originally Posted by itsjulie
Hi Walkermat, is Singapore airport as good as everyone says it is? I'm so jealous
Bushy, we are heading to Melbourne if we ever sell the bloody house. May reduce it AGAIN next week if no interest.

Catch you all later, work to do!
Ah, but there is a difference in your jealousynessess as it will soon be yoos!! Yeahah. Somme, how was the viewer (ignore if answered later, got 3 more pages to plough thru )?

Singapore airport as good as always (4th time thru it - ok, slightly embarresed about carbon foortprint size). Definately our fav airport, clean, friendly, not-a-rippoff, nice (immigration even have free-sweets at passport control). Try the massage; after a flight (or between) it is fab - and that is from an old-school massage-sceptic!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WALKERMAT!! How was the flight, is Singas good - are you knackered?? No one has sold yet.
I always find Singapore odd. It is a great city, but doesnt have the 'asia' feel of other india/thai etc cities. It always feels like an 'Indian' part of Birmingham or London (except for the traffic - keep yer wits about you). And the laws are v strict - they have only just legalised chewing gum (God help you it you drop it tho!). OH is fast asleep,

Interest rate drop would be good for house selling, not sure about exchange rate though as the rate today is $2.23 to £
Oh no!!! It is just sooo depressing. We wanted to transfer £120k but its now in the Bingley....

we are still waiting to hear back from Graz's job interview in Adelaide so we could still be off to SA otherwise it is likely to be Canberra ...
Chuckle, thats what happened with us. Adelaide was first choice, however we have really warmed to Canberra as crime is much much less than elsewhere.... Its also a nice place to bring up a Family.

MAT! how was the flight?!
do you have the chicken pox? today is the day!!
Nothing yet. Reckon i could be clear!!

Flight was ok. Got window seats in row 45 next to a cool aussie girl who slept most of the way (backpacker) - when awake she was typically Aussie friendly. Wanted window seats in row 60,61 or 62 but they had gone. Those are the only 'double' (as opposed to treble+) seats in economy. But food was good (), service prompt efficient and all with a smile. My seat video didnt work but i had an 'Archos' video thing anyway so no worries.

OMG!! Just remembered, we took 20kg each (+hand luggage) but COULD have taken 40kg each if we had let Singapore airlines know beforehand that we were migrating. Also could have had reduce fares. See http://www.iom.com Ho hum, we live and learn

Anyway, gonna get some sleep so we can explore Singapore tommorrow. Really hope the house selling doesnt get too stressful and this thread keeps u all sane (ish)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.