Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Sound's promising, some times you do have to say that a viewing went well, to keep people positive, but not go as far as your EA has. So I would say he's being honest, unless he's full of bottom fluids.
Originally Posted by sloane46
Enlighten me Bushman are you pleased for me or is it a usually brush off I'm getting from viewers
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I have phoned the Ea and they said that the couple are very interested and that the man just wants to talk to his wife and mortgage broker and is very keen on making an offer.....sounds promising
Good luck! Fingers crossed for a good offer

Originally Posted by somme
Fingers crossed for you

We have a viewer tomorrow at 5.30 pm, will it be dark by then They have a house to sell so we will see, not getting too excited but you never know
Yes me and hubby have to keep in touch on the phone otherwise there would be no conversation between us
Good luck with the viewing Somme!

Thanks, back to the cleaning tomorrow, so going to have the day off tomorrow better finish putting stuff back in the drawers from yesterday
Stuff those drawers! See my theory about making a huge mess encouraging buyers to make appointments works!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Well as soon as I made a mess we new we had a viewing
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Good luck with the viewing Somme, think its about 7 it gets dark now
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Oh and you like me, have a viewer but they have a house to sell also. Oh well I just want some feed back on our house, positive and negative anything
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Thats what happened to me I had been away for the weekend and Oh and kids had messed up the house. 2.30pm got a call from OH saying viewers were coming at 4.30. Had to rush around like a headless chicken because I had to get the kids from school at 3 and wouldn't be back til nearly 4. Could have killed him :curse:
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what happened to me I had been away for the weekend and Oh and kids had messed up the house. 2.30pm got a call from OH saying viewers were coming at 4.30. Had to rush around like a headless chicken because I had to get the kids from school at 3 and wouldn't be back til nearly 4. Could have killed him :curse:
See, I'm right!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:27 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkermat
Trading k's? wots that then?
what time was your flight?! have i missed you?! have a great flight and make sure you let us know how you are getting on.

My poor OH left for work yesterday at 4.50 am got home 20.15 last night out again at 4.50 am this morning, if I ever have any dauts about going seeing him work sooooooo hard makes me think we are doing the right thing

Not sure where that came from, feel I amongst friends
i know how you are feeling - Graz has been doing loads of overtime (he is trying to get the money together to pay for our flights so we dont have to dip into our savings before we even leave!)

i feel as if i have hardly seem him especially over the last couple of weeks

Originally Posted by totlanh
Well the house has been on the market now for 2 weeks and have had no viewers.Im beginning to worry now especially as the housing market is sooooooo slow.I phoned the EA and they claim enquiries have nearly totally dried up and houses just are not selling....
....Some Karma badly needed here and some words of encourgment would,nt go amiss either
welcome to the thread!
unfortunately your EA is right - we have all been finding that it is difficult to get viewers through the door. On the other hand you have only been on the market for 2 weeks so it is still early days.
Sending house selling K your way

Originally Posted by sarahlou
morning all, well house been on the market 3wks had 3 viewings and all have said that they would all buy at the asking price BUT our bedrooms are too small !
we have to go in Jan and its worrying me sick as if we dont sell we cant go,we will have to go and validate visa but its staight back home !
sarah
these people really annoy me! They have a set of house details with sizes on it and then they arrive and complain that the rooms are too small - didnt they look at the sizes written down?!

do you have to validate by january? that is going to be short notice for getting across even if you get a quick sale
i think if i were you i would be doing the planning (just not booking yet!) a validation trip just in case.
Sending K to you!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good morning everyone!

Had a phone call last night from a guy saying he was ringing to say he would be ringing to view the house, but he didn't know when he would be ringing or when he could view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this could only happen to you!

Ok i have caught up AGAIN - can you lot please pay attention and if i am not logged on can you stop posting!
i have decided that i am no longer addicted to BE - i have hardly been on there for days - but i am now officially addicted to this thread!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by walkermat
You really couldn't write most of this! Fantastic, i have tears running down my cheeks!

OMG, it IS today! Delivered the car to the buyer yesterday then spent the evening with sister, her ex (dont ask! quite an odd setup!!!) and niece. It is all quite surreal; everyone has tears and stuff but me an OH havent. We think (any shrinks on BE?) it is because it is our 'choice' and we know that we could stay if we wanted; for the others our going away is being forced on them and there nowt they can do about it.

Um, how do you think we sold so quickly! haha, Indecent Proposal!

Now, the pox. (Exposed to Chook pox 13 days ago, for those wondering) - 98% i've had it. i think. ish) Nothing yet, but i'm noticing the odd little 'tingle' on my skin. 99.99% sure it is nothing and just in my mind (otherwise i would postpone!!). But me and OH have a bet going that we end up in Singapore with Shingles and a Cold (OH is sneezing) - it would just be the icing on the emigration-rollercoaster cake!

Thanks folks! Got wifi lappy, so may bore you (and check yoo's all not slacking on the selling fronts!) with funnies in next few days.
OMG - I missed this post - I went straight to the page after!! Didn't know anything about it until Adele posted!

Good luck the Walkermats. Hope you have a great flight and a smooth landing in Canberra.

Hope the pox is left behind in the UK and can't find you in Singapore.

We fully expect updates from an internet cafe everyday. Don't want you to have too much fun do we??? LOL!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Need some opinions from you guys (busy estate agents as well if they have a spare few minutes) Our house in on 3 floors with the top floor having an en-suite bedroom and an office/bedroom (full size not attic rooms). My brother is moving into an unfurnished house next week and asked to buy the stuff from both rooms off of us. We were going to sell it after we had sold the house anyway as we don't use it. Hubby thinks we should leave furniture in there a people need to see how they could use it and how much space there is. I think that it quite obvious what you could get in there as these rooms are quite big, besides we brought the house from new and could see what would/wouldn't go.
So should I sell to my brother and just tell viewers rooms are empty as we are hoping to move quickly and getting rid of unnecessary stuff or, keep it all just in case they can't work out what to use the rooms for!
Tam
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TMRE
Need some opinions from you guys (busy estate agents as well if they have a spare few minutes) Our house in on 3 floors with the top floor having an en-suite bedroom and an office/bedroom (full size not attic rooms). My brother is moving into an unfurnished house next week and asked to buy the stuff from both rooms off of us. We were going to sell it after we had sold the house anyway as we don't use it. Hubby thinks we should leave furniture in there a people need to see how they could use it and how much space there is. I think that it quite obvious what you could get in there as these rooms are quite big, besides we brought the house from new and could see what would/wouldn't go.
So should I sell to my brother and just tell viewers rooms are empty as we are hoping to move quickly and getting rid of unnecessary stuff or, keep it all just in case they can't work out what to use the rooms for!
Tam

In my experience people aren't daft! They can judge the size of a room even when there is nothing in it! I would sell the furniture to your brother and just say to viewers this room could be used for xyz. We have got rid of our stuff ready for the move but we used it for x. The only downside is you can't hide any imperfections in the decor.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Tam
Have the same argument with my hubby, so are's is still in place
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
what time was your flight?! have i missed you?! have a great flight and make sure you let us know how you are getting on.

i know how you are feeling - Graz has been doing loads of overtime (he is trying to get the money together to pay for our flights so we dont have to dip into our savings before we even leave!)

i feel as if i have hardly seem him especially over the last couple of weeks

welcome to the thread!
unfortunately your EA is right - we have all been finding that it is difficult to get viewers through the door. On the other hand you have only been on the market for 2 weeks so it is still early days.
Sending house selling K your way

these people really annoy me! They have a set of house details with sizes on it and then they arrive and complain that the rooms are too small - didnt they look at the sizes written down?!

do you have to validate by january? that is going to be short notice for getting across even if you get a quick sale
i think if i were you i would be doing the planning (just not booking yet!) a validation trip just in case.
Sending K to you!

this could only happen to you!

Ok i have caught up AGAIN - can you lot please pay attention and if i am not logged on can you stop posting!
i have decided that i am no longer addicted to BE - i have hardly been on there for days - but i am now officially addicted to this thread!!
yes i know they even have a floor plan,one couple said it was because it was a semi and they wanted a detatched ! DER DONT THE PHOTO GIVE THAT AWAY !!!!!! the fact that we are joined to next door,

unfortunately we have to go as flights are booked,when we decided to emigrate we were in the middle of renovating so we tried in vain to get it all done in so litttle time and the weather held us back most days as we needed to finish brick wall,guttering,pebble dashing ect,inside the kitchen needed doing,we even brought in extra help as my OH is a builder/carpenter,we also wanted to go in Jan so that our daughter can start school term at the begining,we have to validate visa by Feb any way,OH might have to come home until house sold........................Karma much appreciated it is soo needed right now!
(stupidly booked flights thinking it will be all done and dusted ,but infact we our 4 1/2 months behind ) :curse: :curse:
sarah
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou
yes i know they even have a floor plan,one couple said it was because it was a semi and they wanted a detatched ! DER DONT THE PHOTO GIVE THAT AWAY !!!!!! the fact that we are joined to next door,

unfortunately we have to go as flights are booked,when we decided to emigrate we were in the middle of renovating so we tried in vain to get it all done in so litttle time and the weather held us back most days as we needed to finish brick wall,guttering,pebble dashing ect,inside the kitchen needed doing,we even brought in extra help as my OH is a builder/carpenter,we also wanted to go in Jan so that our daughter can start school term at the begining,we have to validate visa by Feb any way,OH might have to come home until house sold........................Karma much appreciated it is soo needed right now!
(stupidly booked flights thinking it will be all done and dusted ,but infact we our 4 1/2 months behind ) :curse: :curse:
sarah
i can relate to just about all of that!
we are desperate to get the kids across to start school at the end of jan and our house renovations took soooo much longer than we had planned on. The only real difference is that we havent booked the flights - been REALLY close a couple of times but (luckily) kept putting off.

i am getting a bit panicky now about christmas coming up - do we try and get across before (and potentially have all of our possessions somewhere in transit over christmas) or do we put off until after the hols and then maybe struggle to get over and sorted in time for kids starting school?!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Tam
I watch housedoctor(too much) and she seems to think that you need to show viewers the use for a room by having it set out. Personally I think most viewers should have their own ideas of how they would lay out a room with or without furniture being in it but then I'm no expert. My mum always says a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush so might as well take the money for the furniture now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.