Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:02 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
Morning all, welcome to another weekend of cleaning just in case

Sod it think we will go to the pub this avo and stop worrying
morning morning!!
Yes, have got my cupboards all pulled out to chuck out.................
but...............having sat down at the puta I think that may be as far as it gets.................
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sarab40
morning morning!!
Yes, have got my cupboards all pulled out to chuck out.................
but...............having sat down at the puta I think that may be as far as it gets.................
It is quiter at the weekendends as hubbies are at home So you should get something done
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Bushy.............. I got an offer of $520K late last night; my vendors countered and the newly arrived from UK purchaser reckons she just lost 40k pounds sterling on the exchange rate so is reluctant to match the counter offer.

Do you think she is fair dinkum.............. or just coming the raw prawn?

This is all part of your entrance exam into the wonderful world of real estate down-under you know!
Reckon that is fair play. The exchange rate has nose dived in the last 3 weeks . So much so we have decided not to buy at all and keep as much dosh in UK as we can for the moment. We've had to let EA's in Canberra know that we wont be in the buying market for a while...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you are planning on selling your OH?!
is he worth very much?
hahahahah!! Just got it. OH just asked me what i'm laughing at and has had chuckle too
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walkermat
Reckon that is fair play. The exchange rate has nose dived in the last 3 weeks . So much so we have decided not to buy at all and keep as much dosh in UK as we can for the moment. We've had to let EA's in Canberra know that we wont be in the buying market for a while...
I think the market will pick up at the end of January a bit but not sure if it will reach the heights it did a few weeks ago
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

It is quiter at the weekendends as hubbies are at home So you should get something done
Unless those hubbies dive onto puter too! OH still in bed, me here in gown on lappy. Feel dirty now
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

I think the market will pick up at the end of January a bit but not sure if it will reach the heights it did a few weeks ago
Yeah, i reckon u could be right. If (great word that!) we had completed sale then we could have exchanged at 2.50 and would have been well quids in - ok, dollars in! Still, i didnt so not going to dwel on it. oops did.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK off to new EA to sign on at 1.75% for joint agency

Got to be done, have a good day everyone
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

morning all

just thought i would let you all know that i didnt win the £88million on the euro millions

so it is back to the house sale
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Question is why would you transfer it all at once when the rate is bad??
Just to stick me oar in - then i promise i'll go away and learn multiquote more (). The rate can go up and down. There are some folk in the currency business that are predicting a steady downward slide of £->A$ so she may well be taking that advice. However, before you all start panicking and throw me off the thread, there are some who say it will start to pick up again. There's even others that say it will get all jittery again and pop up to 2.50 for a couple of days etc.... Oh mummy, its all too hard

Off for brekky and then taking sisters offsprings to Paultons Park (and i HATE heights n stuff so will dirty my breeches! lol)

Hope you all have a good weekend, and just a little disappointed none of you could be bothered to complete your sales this week. Could we have some fingers pulled out next week please

Last edited by walkermat; Sep 28th 2007 at 8:29 pm. Reason: Added the last line to sound careing. lol
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Morning everyone, well I have no viewers booked in for this weekend but I live in hope (thats all I have left)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Christina X
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all!

I'm a slacker this morning. Me and the OH slept in 'til 11am. All those early mornings and a bottle of wine were too much for us. LOL.

Since we had a viewer yesterday - the buyer who pulled out, (why isn't there a spitting sign??) the house is still fairly clean!

Just got to do the homework with the kids and the washing - which I couldn't do yesterday as the viewer, (imagine spitting sign) was here. Of course today it's raining, whereas yesterday it was sunny, so I've got to use the tumble dryer..... grr

Walkermat - It's probably better to wait before you buy. That way you get a better idea of where you want to live. Hopefully the rate will rise and you will be ready to move your money over when it does. Also you dirty boy on the computer when your oh is in bed.....

Somme - good luck with the new EA. Fingers crossed the new one can find a buyer. Enjoy the afternoon in the pub!

Tiggs - sorry you didn't win the lottery but hey ho, you can't have everything!!

Sarab40 - get off the computer and sort the stuff from your cupboards!!

Bobcat - buy the house yourself then sell it to one of us on the cheap!

Hope I got everyone - thought multiquote would explode if I tried this many. LOL.

Well, we have no viewings this weekend or booked for next week. Still wondering whether to phone the nice couple who seemed so keen last week........

Good luck to you all!

Last edited by Fly Away; Sep 28th 2007 at 11:13 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christina225
Morning everyone, well I have no viewers booked in for this weekend but I live in hope (thats all I have left)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Christina X
Morning Christina - sorry I missed you! We have no viewings either.

Hope you have a good one!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all!

I'm a slacker this morning. Me and the OH slept in 'til 11am. All those early mornings and a bottle of wine were too much for us. LOL.

Since we had a viewer yesterday - the buyer who pulled out, (why isn't there a spitting sign??) the house is still fairly clean!

Just got to do the homework with the kids and the washing - which I couldn't do yesterday as the viewer, (imagine spitting sign) was here. Of course today it's raining, whereas yesterday it was sunny, so I've got to use the tumble dryer..... grr

Walkermat - It's probably better to wait before you buy. That way you get a better idea of where you want to live. Hopefully the rate will rise and you will be ready to move your money over when it does. Also you dirty boy on the computer when your oh is in bed.....

Somme - good luck with the new EA. Fingers crossed the new one can find a buyer. Enjoy the afternoon in the pub!

Tiggs - sorry you didn't win the lottery but hey ho, you can't have everything!!

Sarab40 - get off the computer and sort the stuff from your cupboards!!

Bobcat - buy the house yourself then sell it to one of us on the cheap!

Hope I got everyone - thought multiquote would explode if I tried this many. LOL.

Well, we have no viewings this weekend or booked for next week. Still wondering whether to phone the nice couple who seemed so keen last week........

Good luck to you all!

Hahahah - yep, that about sums up the small (but increasing!) gang on this thread.

Depends how urgently you want to sell yer house... The old adage of 'treat 'em mean keep 'em keen' could well apply but there is the risk u could lose them.

Paultons park out (Yeah!!) - too wet. Bored now.

PS. And we are taking yer advice about taking it easy. I currently want a big patch of land out-of-town and a tent. OH is not so keen

Last edited by walkermat; Sep 29th 2007 at 12:52 am.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by walkermat

Hahahah - yep, that about sums up the small (but increasing!) gang on this thread.

Depends how urgently you want to sell yer house... The old adage of 'treat 'em mean keep 'em keen' could well apply but there is the risk u could lose them.

Paultons park out (Yeah!!) - too wet. Bored now.

PS. And we are taking yer advice about taking it easy. I currently want a big patch of land out-of-town and a tent. OH is not so keen

Are you sorry the trip was cancelled....

The land sounds good - not so sure about the tent! A camper van would be OK though!

Yeh, got to take the bull by the horns and phone the nice people.... just hope they don't say they've found somewhere nicer... It's difficult as we don't have our visa yet, so theoretically we have a bit more time than some. However we would save money every month in rented - which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Have a good day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.