Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
I am now going to serve the curry I MADE earlier otherwise I will be pi**ed
Oh, you saw my post about catching you on another thread then!

We had a takeaway curry AND we had it delivered!!! Now I'm going to make a big dent in a bottle of wine I've had in the fridge all week! I love Fridays!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Morning all, the home selling doctor is back in the surgery, any patients today?
Bushy.............. I got an offer of $520K late last night; my vendors countered and the newly arrived from UK purchaser reckons she just lost 40k pounds sterling on the exchange rate so is reluctant to match the counter offer.

Do you think she is fair dinkum.............. or just coming the raw prawn?

This is all part of your entrance exam into the wonderful world of real estate down-under you know!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:58 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
HI - everyone - sorry this is gonna be dead quick cos i am out in half hour and not had shower yet!!
OK - I have accepted an offer on my house. Lady didnt increase her offfer but tht nice guy i showed round offered £5k more than her and i am happy with that! Conditions are that we get all done and dusted by 23 Nov or house back on market, not dropping a penny on price even IF survey shows anything (dont think it will) and that house still being marketed at least until they have done their survey!
He has run back to EA agreeing all of that and passed on solicitors details SO from here on in - lets hope its straight forward adn doesnt end in tears

Only just logged on again, took me ages to catch up, you have all been busy!

Well done Daunted. Will keep fingers crossed for you that it proceeds smoothly

We also need to know every detail of your date............we wont tell anyone, honest
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloane46

On another note I was watching an Aussie property show the other night and the EA went round putting leaflets in postboxes in the local area to advertise one of the houses she was selling........and it worked. Think it would be a good plan to do similar
We do that with each new listing on the off-chance people living in that area have a friend or relative who wants to move close to them?

We call it a tell-200 marketing campaign............ don't you do that in UK?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Bushy.............. I got an offer of $520K late last night; my vendors countered and the newly arrived from UK purchaser reckons she just lost 40k pounds sterling on the exchange rate so is reluctant to match the counter offer.

This is all part of your entrance exam into the wonderful world of real estate down-under you know!
Bloody hell how much money did she change to lose that much
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bobcat

Bushy is off for the weekend, exchange rate has been rubbish since last Feb,apart from 1 day.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:37 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Bloody hell how much money did she change to lose that much
I did a quick calc and reckon if she would have had to transfer about £450K to lose that amount - so it is possible

(personally i wish i had a quarter of that to transfer but hey ho )
EDITED: come to think of it an eigth would still be more than i have )

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Sep 28th 2007 at 8:40 am. Reason: to add a thought!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I did a quick calc and reckon if she would have had to transfer about £450K to lose that amount - so it is possible

(personally i wish i had a quarter of that to transfer but hey ho )

Question is why would you transfer it all at once when the rate is bad??
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Question is why would you transfer it all at once when the rate is bad??
i wouldnt - but i suppose if you are wanting to buy a house then you would probably need it all straight away ...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i wouldnt - but i suppose if you are wanting to buy a house then you would probably need it all straight away ...
True, but you wouldn't transfer it until the sale was going through - not at the negotiation stage. So, I conclude that either she's winding Bob up or very stupid!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:50 am
sneaking a peek ...

True, but you wouldn't transfer it until the sale was going through - not at the negotiation stage. So, I conclude that either she's winding Bob up or very stupid!
some people just transfer their money when they move without bothering about the exchange rate - but then if she was one of those people i dont suppose she would even know how much she had lost
i think she is using it as an excuse to try and keep the price down ...

... just be thankful she is buying in oz and not one of our houses!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

some people just transfer their money when they move without bothering about the exchange rate - but then if she was one of those people i dont suppose she would even know how much she had lost

Yes - how true. A nightmare buyer!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

If she transfered £450k though then that would be $900k at least (if rate was 2:1) wouldn't it?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

On the contrary............. I think she's very clever....... but then, so am I?

Her aim is to try knock me down as much as she can............. my brief is to get the best end result for my vendor.......... and the figures being bandied around at present aren't satisfactory.............. I know I can do better.......... if I can't get my vendor more than what's on the table at present.......... I'll buy it myself for the price the vendor has indicated they'll accept.

Meanwhile.................. where's the bloody Panadol?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning all, welcome to another weekend of cleaning just in case

Sod it think we will go to the pub this avo and stop worrying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.