Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

I can't sleep
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
I can't sleep
I haven't gone to be yet! OH just got back from Tescos with a pair of wellies for a small child as required by school tomorrow.

Have you tried a bowl of cereal - carbs before bedtime promote seratonin production - true! They also make you put on weight - but what the hell! Warm milk on the cereal will also help.

Also listing all your worries - ideas - thoughts etc, helps. Once they are committed to paper, your brain can relax as they can't be forgotten.

If none of this works, stay up all night and go to bed at the normal time tomorrow. Works a charm - you'll be asleep every night as soon as your head hits the pillow for weeks!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I haven't gone to be yet! OH just got back from Tescos with a pair of wellies for a small child as required by school tomorrow.

Have you tried a bowl of cereal - carbs before bedtime promote seratonin production - true! They also make you put on weight - but what the hell! Warm milk on the cereal will also help.

Also listing all your worries - ideas - thoughts etc, helps. Once they are committed to paper, your brain can relax as they can't be forgotten.

If none of this works, stay up all night and go to bed at the normal time tomorrow. Works a charm - you'll be asleep every night as soon as your head hits the pillow for weeks!!
i havent been sleeping properly for months - its this whole process - our heads and bodies are gonna be wrecked bytime we get there
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

I can't sleep
Question time now BBC1 always works for mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rofl :
congratulations and to you for selling your house

Bloody hell you lot my yahoo account has fallen over twice today due to replies in this thread. If those of you who have sold/had an offer can now bu**er off I can get around to reading the whinging Pom house seller thread in it's true form
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
i havent been sleeping properly for months - its this whole process - our heads and bodies are gonna be wrecked bytime we get there
I swear we're all setting our body clocks to Ozzie time!

It's a nightmare isn't it? At least you don't have long to wait now. Then you can recover in Oz! Try staying up all Saturday night and resetting your body clock. The trouble is, when you're anxious, your body produces adrenaline, which stimulates the mind. So resetting only works for a short time before the adrenaline kicks in again. Then, if you suddenly relax you get withrawal from the adrenaline and get all weapy! It's a no win situation. Just got to ride the rollercoaster to the end!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I swear we're all setting our body clocks to Ozzie time!

It's a nightmare isn't it? At least you don't have long to wait now. Then you can recover in Oz! Try staying up all Saturday night and resetting your body clock. The trouble is, when you're anxious, your body produces adrenaline, which stimulates the mind. So resetting only works for a short time before the adrenaline kicks in again. Then, if you suddenly relax you get withrawal from the adrenaline and get all weapy! It's a no win situation. Just got to ride the rollercoaster to the end!
Crazy as it seems I have, for a while, thought that my body clock has been on Ozzie time Maybe my body is more in tune with what is going on than i think it is Thank goodness SOMEONE knows waht is going on.

OK - Im off to my pit in min. What do you reckon the chances are of George Lombard being the first voice that i hear in the morning??
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
Crazy as it seems I have, for a while, thought that my body clock has been on Ozzie time Maybe my body is more in tune with what is going on than i think it is Thank goodness SOMEONE knows waht is going on.

OK - Im off to my pit in min. What do you reckon the chances are of George Lombard being the first voice that i hear in the morning??
Well, if you go to bed with him, then 100%!

If not then probably 5% chance tonight and every night! The night you're not there is the night he'll phone! LOL.

Sleep well - see you in the morning.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, if you go to bed with him, then 100%!

If not then probably 5% chance tonight and every night! The night you're not there is the night he'll phone! LOL.

Sleep well - see you in the morning.
I dont think Mrs Lombard would be too impressed with that?? He could always have the sofa but then again i am selling it!
Oh well nothing else for it i am going to have to go out tonight and everynight just to make him ring sooner.
Ok all cocoaed out now ( i WILL sleep tonight) so off to nanites
see you all tomorrow - lets hope its a good day for everyone
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning everyone, well the carbs and milk and the BBC got me off to sleep. Feeling a bit calmer today, does anyone know how long it is to you exchange with a cash buyer a friend said about 3 weeks

Daunted how long have you been at the house selling thing? You could always phone George for an update
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning everyone, well the carbs and milk and the BBC got me off to sleep. Feeling a bit calmer today, does anyone know how long it is to you exchange with a cash buyer a friend said about 3 weeks

Daunted how long have you been at the house selling thing? You could always phone George for an update

EDIT - oops just realised i am logged in as Graz ...

morning somme
how long a cash buyer takes depends on how thorough they are going to be with the buying process.
technically you could sign and exchange tomorrow - but usually a buyer is going to want to do all the usual property searches etc and get a survey - so it depends how quickly those can be done. You can probably still do it in a fortnight but everyone would have to be really on the ball to keep things moving
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:51 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
EDIT - oops just realised i am logged in as Graz ...

morning somme
how long a cash buyer takes depends on how thorough they are going to be with the buying process.
technically you could sign and exchange tomorrow - but usually a buyer is going to want to do all the usual property searches etc and get a survey - so it depends how quickly those can be done. You can probably still do it in a fortnight but everyone would have to be really on the ball to keep things moving
Back to being me
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Back to being me
It is quite on here this morning, thanks for the reply, I will feel better once they have exchanged.

Everyone has gone shopping
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Whinging Pom House seller-elderly_swagman.jpg

It is quite on here this morning, thanks for the reply, I will feel better once they have exchanged.

Everyone has gone shopping
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning everyone!

Just got up - OMG - what a night!!

OH was dispatched to Tesco to get wellies and got back late. We had just managed to get to sleep when there was a scream. Our 7 year old had been sick. She had got out of bed and been sick on her (cream) bedroom carpet and then run in to the spare bedroom and been sick on the (lemon) bedroom carpet and finally made it to the bathroom. So we were up half the night scrubbing the carpets and looking after her. Had just got back to sleep when there was another scream. She had been sick again - this time in the bucket we had left for her. Finally we all got to sleep at 4am. Then OH had to get up at 7.30am to go to work and I had to get up at 8.30 to phone the school. Needless to say I went back to bed!

So, here I am in my dressing gown. My daughter has just woken up - at 11am and seems Ok, but I'm not risking her going to school. The bedroom carpets look awful. I have to get a professional carpet cleaner in. Cos there's also the coffee stain in the living room!!! (Also my daughter!!)

Hope we don't get any viewers until I've sorted this out!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Morning everyone!

Just got up - OMG - what a night!!

OH was dispatched to Tesco to get wellies and got back late. We had just managed to get to sleep when there was a scream. Our 7 year old had been sick. She had got out of bed and been sick on her (cream) bedroom carpet and then run in to the spare bedroom and been sick on the (lemon) bedroom carpet and finally made it to the bathroom. So we were up half the night scrubbing the carpets and looking after her. Had just got back to sleep when there was another scream. She had been sick again - this time in the bucket we had left for her. Finally we all got to sleep at 4am. Then OH had to get up at 7.30am to go to work and I had to get up at 8.30 to phone the school. Needless to say I went back to bed!

So, here I am in my dressing gown. My daughter has just woken up - at 11am and seems Ok, but I'm not risking her going to school. The bedroom carpets look awful. I have to get a professional carpet cleaner in. Cos there's also the coffee stain in the living room!!! (Also my daughter!!)

Hope we don't get any viewers until I've sorted this out!!
Glad she is ok this morning, better phone round the carpet cleaners, as you will get a viewer now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.