Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:13 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning everyone!

Just got up - OMG - what a night!!

OH was dispatched to Tesco to get wellies and got back late. We had just managed to get to sleep when there was a scream. Our 7 year old had been sick. She had got out of bed and been sick on her (cream) bedroom carpet and then run in to the spare bedroom and been sick on the (lemon) bedroom carpet and finally made it to the bathroom. So we were up half the night scrubbing the carpets and looking after her. Had just got back to sleep when there was another scream. She had been sick again - this time in the bucket we had left for her. Finally we all got to sleep at 4am. Then OH had to get up at 7.30am to go to work and I had to get up at 8.30 to phone the school. Needless to say I went back to bed!

So, here I am in my dressing gown. My daughter has just woken up - at 11am and seems Ok, but I'm not risking her going to school. The bedroom carpets look awful. I have to get a professional carpet cleaner in. Cos there's also the coffee stain in the living room!!! (Also my daughter!!)

Hope we don't get any viewers until I've sorted this out!!

What a night you had!
hope that your daughter is feeling better this morning
there seems to be so many things going around at the moment.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Glad she is ok this morning, better phone round the carpet cleaners, as you will get a viewer now.
this has to be the ultimate test of the 'messy house' theory!
Yup you will definitley be getting a phone call from a viewer for this weekend
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she is ok this morning, better phone round the carpet cleaners, as you will get a viewer now.
Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
What a night you had!
hope that your daughter is feeling better this morning
there seems to be so many things going around at the moment.
Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
this has to be the ultimate test of the 'messy house' theory!
Yup you will definitley be getting a phone call from a viewer for this weekend
Thanks guys!

I'm in two minds about getting a carpet cleaner in until I'm sure the sickness has definately gone!

Let's see if the messy house theory works! LOL. How long can I put viewers off while I wait for the carpet cleaner??? I suppose I could say my daughter is ill and we can't do viewings for a few days - sounds reasonable doesn't it??
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys!

I'm in two minds about getting a carpet cleaner in until I'm sure the sickness has definately gone!

Let's see if the messy house theory works! LOL. How long can I put viewers off while I wait for the carpet cleaner??? I suppose I could say my daughter is ill and we can't do viewings for a few days - sounds reasonable doesn't it??
Hire one from a hire shop, don't want to put a potential buyer off at this time of year
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Morning everyone!

Just got up - OMG - what a night!!
OH was dispatched to Tesco to get wellies and got back late. We had just managed to get to sleep when there was a scream. Our 7 year old had been sick. She had got out of bed and been sick on her (cream) bedroom carpet and then run in to the spare bedroom and been sick on the (lemon) bedroom carpet and finally made it to the bathroom. So we were up half the night scrubbing the carpets and looking after her. Had just got back to sleep when there was another scream. She had been sick again - this time in the bucket we had left for her. Finally we all got to sleep at 4am. Then OH had to get up at 7.30am to go to work and I had to get up at 8.30 to phone the school. Needless to say I went back to bed!

So, here I am in my dressing gown. My daughter has just woken up - at 11am and seems Ok, but I'm not risking her going to school. The bedroom carpets look awful. I have to get a professional carpet cleaner in. Cos there's also the coffee stain in the living room!!! (Also my daughter!!)

Hope we don't get any viewers until I've sorted this out!!
morning all was going to ask if you all slept well, but i wont hope your daughters ok today. last time my little boy was sick he'd been complaining of belly ache all day then at 1.00 in the morning threw up ( yep you guessed it, cream carpet then said he felt much better went back to sleep to leave us cleaning all night

Hire one from a hire shop, don't want to put a potential buyer off at this time of year
yep i hired a rug doctor from my local homebase shop, think about £30-40 with the cleaning stuff. and it's a great work out
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:51 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

afternnoon somme how are you today, feeling more with it
just spent last 1/2hr trying to book appt for estimators to come round for shipping, there all really busy
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea! The carpet man we've had before is good - but you have to wait 2-3 weeks for a slot.

Originally Posted by want2bthere
morning all was going to ask if you all slept well, but i wont hope your daughters ok today. last time my little boy was sick he'd been complaining of belly ache all day then at 1.00 in the morning threw up ( yep you guessed it, cream carpet then said he felt much better went back to sleep to leave us cleaning all night

She's much better thanks. Just eaten some toast and no more sickness - yet.

Kids Don't you just love 'em!

yep i hired a rug doctor from my local homebase shop, think about £30-40 with the cleaning stuff. and it's a great work out
Sounds ideal - I'll' get OH to go on his way home from work. (Don't want to go out with small child in case the sickness comes back! )

afternnoon somme how are you today, feeling more with it
just spent last 1/2hr trying to book appt for estimators to come round for shipping, there all really busy

Hope you can get some joy soon. Have you told them you will be going soon?? Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:21 am
so far so good

Hope you can get some joy soon. Have you told them you will be going soon?? Fingers crossed you get it sorted.

yeah really soon, anyway got pss coming on 30th oct and waiting for 2 others to get back to me just spoke to EA who says that buyers mortgage company has instructed surveyor so just waiting for them to arange appt god i'm sooooooooo impatient thought i would be better at waiting by now
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah really soon, anyway got pss coming on 30th oct and waiting for 2 others to get back to me just spoke to EA who says that buyers mortgage company has instructed surveyor so just waiting for them to arange appt god i'm sooooooooo impatient thought i would be better at waiting by now
Great news! You must feel like things are at least moving. I know what you mean about being impatient though! Hope you hear on Monday from the surveyor - they are pretty quick usually. I reckon they are the only reliable people in the whole thing! Not saying I approve of drive by valuations though. :curse:

On the carpet cleaner front, I've just booked a machine for the weekend - £28 + VAT - bargain! So thanks everyone for the great idea! If we have time, we'll do the whole house. Can't do any harm! Although carpets do give off the wet sheep smell after cleaning!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Hi guys,
well man and his wife came bang on 11am and guess what.........................its.................. .....SOLD...............YIPPEE !!!!!!
and he only came back cos he didnt want the ES there, it had nothing to do with the bedrooms he said he loved it as it was and his daughter can have their room on visits and they will have a single room each,
situation is though he isint on the market ....... BUT he will buy ours not matter what and like us all he is confident he will sell as its all up together and bla bla bla,
right the thing is he was quoted £10,000 ES agent fees with the same EA agent as us who also wants £7,100,
CHEEKY cow told the buyers that we would most probably sell for £25,000 less the asking price,she told them to try us,WELL im well pissed of now,what the hell are they playing at !,the guy and his wife thought this odd so they approached us first about it and off course we said NO WAY........but we will go £10,000 less if we do it in 5 wks when we finish contracts with them and do it through the solicitors ourselves,we were up for £290,000 and said we will except £285,000 at the min,(and drop to £280,000 in a few wks,if we cant sell,they wont know that though) we said to the man and his wife we will sell to them for £280,000 with no agent fees,but they will need agent to sell theirs though but they get ours for another £5,000 less,
if we both sell through the same EA then they get £17,100 for doing very little , what a racket eh !,its time we took a stand and start being crafty ,so our contract runs out 17th Nov so i said if he sells his within that time then when our contract finishes we will go straight to solicitors and do it ourselves
and we save £7100 and he £5000 and we said we will leave him bits off furniture that he was also after (garden furniture,shed freezer,lrge pool ect)
BUT is this legal and do we then have to get a HIPS ,as at present we havent got one as house was on the market before it was required,can we sell it to them without it,they are happy to buy without it !
sorry its long !

hope every one else has had a good morning, and hope your little girl is ok fly away !
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sarahlou
Hi guys,
well man and his wife came bang on 11am and guess what.........................its.................. .....SOLD...............YIPPEE !!!!!!
and he only came back cos he didnt want the ES there, it had nothing to do with the bedrooms he said he loved it as it was and his daughter can have their room on visits and they will have a single room each,
situation is though he isint on the market ....... BUT he will buy ours not matter what and like us all he is confident he will sell as its all up together and bla bla bla,
right the thing is he was quoted £10,000 ES agent fees with the same EA agent as us who also wants £7,100,
CHEEKY cow told the buyers that we would most probably sell for £25,000 less the asking price,she told them to try us,WELL im well pissed of now,what the hell are they playing at !,the guy and his wife thought this odd so they approached us first about it and off course we said NO WAY........but we will go £10,000 less if we do it in 5 wks when we finish contracts with them and do it through the solicitors ourselves,we were up for £290,000 and said we will except £285,000 at the min,(and drop to £280,000 in a few wks,if we cant sell,they wont know that though) we said to the man and his wife we will sell to them for £280,000 with no agent fees,but they will need agent to sell theirs though but they get ours for another £5,000 less,
if we both sell through the same EA then they get £17,100 for doing very little , what a racket eh !,its time we took a stand and start being crafty ,so our contract runs out 17th Nov so i said if he sells his within that time then when our contract finishes we will go straight to solicitors and do it ourselves
and we save £7100 and he £5000 and we said we will leave him bits off furniture that he was also after (garden furniture,shed freezer,lrge pool ect)
BUT is this legal and do we then have to get a HIPS ,as at present we havent got one as house was on the market before it was required,can we sell it to them without it,they are happy to buy without it !
sorry its long !

hope every one else has had a good morning, and hope your little girl is ok fly away !

GOOD NEWS that the buyer is so keen!

A word of warning - check your contract with the EA! It may say that they can claim their commission as much as 6 months after the contract ends - if you sell to someone they introduced!

With regard to HIPs - you don't need one IF the house is continuously marketed. To ensure this is seen to be done, you need to put the house up for private sale on the last day of the contract with the EA. (Try Houseladder.co.uk - costs about £40.)

Good luck with all this! You may find it can be done - you may not! Hope it works out!!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sarahlou - Forgot to say my daughter now seems fine! thanks for asking!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

GOOD NEWS that the buyer is so keen!

A word of warning - check your contract with the EA! It may say that they can claim their commission as much as 6 months after the contract ends - if you sell to someone they introduced!

With regard to HIPs - you don't need one IF the house is continuously marketed. To ensure this is seen to be done, you need to put the house up for private sale on the last day of the contract with the EA. (Try Houseladder.co.uk - costs about £40.)

Good luck with all this! You may find it can be done - you may not! Hope it works out!!
oh thanks for that info i will look into that,
sarah
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi guys,
sorry its long !

Hi

We did that - sold to our neighbours - he just wanted it for the garage and rented it - but took it off market - told greedy agent we were staying put - and did it ourselves. Once you get to that stage the agents have nothing to do with it anyway. I wouldnt have minded but he was never available for viewings and always did it on a night - when our 3 kids were about and all the other kids in the neighbourhood were playing out!!!!

Money for old rope isnt it - ours had also told a couple we would drop as we were in a rush due to going overseas!!! Cheeky sod!!

Didnt feel guilty at all!!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:19 am
sneaking a peek ...

Hi guys,
sorry its long !

congratulations!!

but was it me or does that all sound a little complicated? maybe i just need to read it through again

if you want to sell quickly then there is probably no way that you are going to be able to get out of paying your EAs fees - and while i sympthise with paying out so much for them having done so little you did agree to their fees in the first place and they did introduce your buyer so morally i think you should by paying them anyway. If we the buyers dont play fair with the EAs then we cant complain about their conduct can we (and we do like to complain about them )

Adele

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.