Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:13 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
I thought Sam was being serious too

Tiggs it is really tough, can you leave a relative to sell the house?
my mum and dad live farily close - but they have so much on themselves at the moment that i really dont want to leave them more to do
i know they wouldnt mind but i will avoid it if i can.
if we can get a buyer i will give m+d power of attoreny so they can sign the paperwork but i am worried if we go without a buyer they are going to feel obliged to look after the house and (more to the point) our large garden
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
its quite surprising after hardly getting any sleep again - but after i had decided to go back and rethink with an open mind i must have slept really well because i feel a heck of a lot better this morning than i have done in the last week
You seem more posative, I had better go and get some more paperwork shifted
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:15 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

You seem more posative, I had better go and get some more paperwork shifted
yup paperwork for me here too - shredding most of the contents of my filing cabinet this morning!

going to feed the kids - probably be back on later
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my, only went out for a couple of hours and lots to catch up with!

Originally Posted by sammyg
Right...Pee'd off again:
we've decided against renting out (again) as we need the money, so........we're going on Ebay later -starting bids anyone:
Chin up Sam. Hope you get a buyer really soon. Some K's sent for courage.

s x
[QUOTE=somme;5461113]Oh Sam sorry you are feeling so down, our viewer from yesterday wants to come back on Sat, does anyone know what happens if she puts a higher offer in?

You could tell the current buyer that you've had this offer and you will accept if she doesn't exchange in 2 weeks. Then tell the new buyer you are thinking about it.

what happens depends on you
you can accept the higher offer and tell your original buyer you are no longer selling to them
or you can tell them that you will let them know if the sale falls through

both perfectly legal - but morals may come into this
of course you could use this to ensure that your current buyer doesn try and drop the price at the last minute (which is what you were worrying about)
Yes that's true!

Originally Posted by sammyg
We're not really looking into selling on ebay, although, we are starting to feel that desperate!!!!

there was 1 house that was stupidly low in our competition and now thats sold!!
if we don't sell in the next few weeks we will snookered till after crimbo i reckon

sam xxx
Glad that one's gone off the market now. I'm worried about crimbo too. Although we accepted an offer and made an offer in November a couple of years ago.

oh i really thought you were going to give it a go! :i agree though - if we dont have buyers for our houses in the next couple of weeks then the chances are we wont until after christmas
Bloomin Christmas Bah humbug.

Well after confidently telling everyone yesterday that we were not going to rent our house out - i have phoned two letting agents this morning and made appointments for them to come around and do a valuation :
i was laying in bed last night (not able to get to sleep AGAIN) and i decided to revisit ALL of our options.

So letting agents, going to talk to the EA again on Friday and ask them our options for selling at all costs , going to reassess our finances and think about leaving the house with 6 months mortgage in the bank in the hope of selling after christmas, need to phone auctioneers and talk to them. Have i forgotten anything?

we have now completely discounted the companies that buy your house - the one that seemed at least reasonable before came back to us yesterday and did a whole speech about current market conditions and offered us about 65% of the house value :
on the plus side i am feeling much better about things - i seem to have regained my 'she'll be right' attitude we will sort somthing out - in the 6 weeks we have left to do it
Good call looking into all your options. Good luck with the rental agents and auctioneers!

My news today is some toe rag stole our for sale sign and dumped it up a lane!! Just had to walk up and carry it back. I feel persecuted now.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:23 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away

My news today is some toe rag stole our for sale sign and dumped it up a lane!! Just had to walk up and carry it back. I feel persecuted now.
someone worried about the compeition?!

right i am really going to go and feed the kids now - they are starting to rampage because ihavent done them any lunch!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

someone worried about the compeition?!

Hopefully! Or else the EA who we dumped?? probably stupid kids though.

right i am really going to go and feed the kids now - they are starting to rampage because ihavent done them any lunch!
LOL, I let mine eat a French bread sandwich in the living room yesterday and now it looks like I have NEVER hoovered there are SO many crumbs.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:28 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, I let mine eat a French bread sandwich in the living room yesterday and now it looks like I have NEVER hoovered there are SO many crumbs.
i am trying the messy house = viewer theory again

(well actually i cant be bothered to do the housework )
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i am trying the messy house = viewer theory again

(well actually i cant be bothered to do the housework )
Haha, good idea. Now it's half term I have no option but to go the messy route!

Sort of vacilitating between wanting a viewer to sell the house and not wanting a viewer so that I don't have to clean. (Lazy moo!)
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted have you got your visa yet and how was iceland?

HI Somme - Iceland was fantastic thanks - Ihave put a thread up with some pics if you wanna have a look (not done all the captions yet)
NO It seems i was mistaken - no visa on my birthday. cant be TOO much longer now though
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
HI Somme - Iceland was fantastic thanks - Ihave put a thread up with some pics if you wanna have a look (not done all the captions yet)
NO It seems i was mistaken - no visa on my birthday. cant be TOO much longer now though
I checked out your thread with the photos and it looks amazing! Glad you had a great time!

I was convinced you'd get your visa for your birthday too. It's got to come SOON. Some people suggest emailing them with a query and it jolts them into action.

Fingers crossed it comes soon.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:28 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

I'M BACK, did you all miss me been to my sisters for a few days, she cried when i left, got the feeling they'll be a few more of them eposides before we go. so have i missed anything,, i'm sure you guys havent done 25 pages of posts about anything else but house selling................or have you
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by want2bthere
I'M BACK, did you all miss me:been to my sisters for a few days, she cried when i left, got the feeling they'll be a few more of them eposides before we go. so have i missed anything, i'm sure you guys havent done 25 pages of posts about anything else but house selling................or have you
Welcome back!

Hope your sis is feeling a bit better. Hope you're feeling a bit better too!

How's the house selling going? any progress?

What do you mean, would we ever go off topic. LOL.

Think you were around when Tiggs' buyer pulled out weren't you? Somme is struggling with her mad buyer but may have another offer in the pipeline and the rest of us are still waiting for 'the one'. Oh, I forgot, some cheeky EA contacted us out of the blue and said they had a client who would pay £125k UNDER the asking price for our house. Well of course they have! I could walk onto the street and anyone with any sense would buy a bargain like that. :curse:
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

I'M BACK, did you all miss me been to my sisters for a few days, she cried when i left, got the feeling they'll be a few more of them eposides before we go. so have i missed anything,, i'm sure you guys havent done 25 pages of posts about anything else but house selling................or have you
welcome back!
er actually you might be hard pressed to find the house selling stuff amongst the other stuff
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back - we missed ya. Think it would be worthwhile reading all 25 pages full of relevant house selling information *cough*
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Welcome back - we missed ya. Think it would be worthwhile reading all 25 pages full of relevant house selling information *cough*
Well it wouldn't take long - some of the posts are just smillies. LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.