Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
congrats on the offer
you never know they might sell really quickly!!

we have to be in Oz for Graz starting work on 7th Jan
house has to sell as we cant afford to pay the mortgage here and the rent there - no idea what we are going to do at the moment
I know its really confusing isn't it? Some people (rich ones!!) can just up and go and rent out here .............buy out there and so on as people keep suggesting to us ,We cant afford to do it :curse: They don't get it!!
I'm sure we will all look back and laugh at how stressed we were at this point in time!!
Off for lunch xx

Zoe
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:10 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
I'm sure we will all look back and laugh at how stressed we were at this point in time!!
Off for lunch xx

Zoe
i am looking forward to that day
have a nice lunch!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

yup taking the viewing is a good idea - i wish i had done that
fingers crossed you dont need it but just in case
Thanks Tiggs, can't you rent out your house here so it pays for the morgage, maybe change the morgage to interest only. Just an idea
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:43 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Thanks Tiggs, can't you rent out your house here so it pays for the morgage, maybe change the morgage to interest only. Just an idea
unfortunately changing the mortgage to interest only wouldnt actually make that much difference to our payments.

we do keep coming back to the renting option but there are so many disadvantages - not least that we would have to carry our other outstanding debts with us - we really wanted to start in oz debt free
plus the house is just going to get harder to sell even assuming normal everyday wear - not to mention if you get one of those tenants who trashes the place
dont think i can live with the worry
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Great viewing Last Night !!! Yay

Really enthusiastic Have yet to sell theirs

Cant have it all can I?? and I HAD to take the boys to McDonalds for tea to keep them out of the house (mines a 1/4 pounder with cheese!!)

Good Luck for all the other viewings xxxx
I sat in Maccy D's too - and had 1/4 pounder with cheese.....
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately changing the mortgage to interest only wouldnt actually make that much difference to our payments.

we do keep coming back to the renting option but there are so many disadvantages - not least that we would have to carry our other outstanding debts with us - we really wanted to start in oz debt free
plus the house is just going to get harder to sell even assuming normal everyday wear - not to mention if you get one of those tenants who trashes the place
dont think i can live with the worry
Our sentiments exactly...

It will sell..... That's what I keep telling myself.

Lau x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:25 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Read this and thought of you lot
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:28 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by graz79
is that a hint
(and after i gave you my pork pie )

ok going to go and do something else instead - just to prove i can
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by graz79
I have loads to do!!!! Will be up til gone midnight again tonight...

I am very conscientious I'll have you know...

Lau x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

is that a hint
(and after i gave you my pork pie )

ok going to go and do something else instead - just to prove i can
just had a blast from the past -

"Why don't you!

Just pick up your television set and do something less boring instead!!!"

Lau x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Just braved Asda at half term with a small child!

Don't think I'll do that again in a hurry.

Oh my god are they for real??

Its not like 5k-15k which they always try is it!!!!! SHOCKING even by their standards
I couldn't believe it either! House prices are high in this area but you would be looking at knocking £40K off for a good price!

The thing is, now I will never put the house with this EA - they were on my short list - but not any more if that is what they are going to pull. Unfortunately I told them why we were selling and I bet they are hoping we'll just say OK then, let's give the house away and make a huge financial loss.

Originally Posted by Reedy
My sentiments exactly...

My sister comes tomorrow though and is staying for a few days with her 2 kids...

She is a messy Be-atch and so god only knows how I am going to keep the house in a presentable state.

Would ask her to sleep in the garage - but it's getting a bit too cold and I am not totally heartless.

I have now pulled my washing out from hiding and put it in the machine.

Also just had a sense of humour failure on someone from work who wants me to do a Method statement for fitting fire-stopping:curse: Not only is it not my job but I have helped this person out so many times before... Wouldn't mind but they started the work on Sat and now have decided the MS is urgent - probably 'cos the Client has asked... Oh yeah and he needs it by the end of the day!!!! I know I will do it for him 'cos I always do but it bugs me when they think I have nothing else to do........... Rant over now....

Have parents evening tonight - hope my day gets better before then.

Lau x
Oh no!! It never rains but it pours! If I were you, I'd ring the EA and ask if there is any chance of moving the viewing forward as you will have children staying and there is no way you can keep the house tidy. Even if they can't move the viewing, at least ask them to tell the viewer that they have put you in a difficult situation and could they ignore any untidyness!

WHAT?!!!
That is ridiculous!

although i have to say that at the moment i would probably be open to just about any offer going - mind you if we took £125k off the price we would quite literally be giving them the house
House prices 'round here are high but that is taking the P! :curse:

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
tell them to **** off cheeky blighters!!!
We're just going to ignore them! Hopefully if this person wants the house they will approach us directly.

Us too!!!

The viewers from last night just phoned and offered full asking price which is fab ,but as I said earlier have yet to sell their house which is a shame but never mind at least I know the house is not the problem it was the last buyers (who it fell through for twice!! ).

It has 'sold' on the 1st viewings both times ,we are not in so much of a rush now as we have booked a validation trip for Jan
Good news!! Hopefully they will find a buyer soon. In the mean time don't stop having viewings!

Originally Posted by somme
Hi guys it has taken me so long to catch up hardly got time to tell you whats going on, buyer came yesterday here for 3 HOURS, brought some one to quote for fencing all the way round, then she starts to tell me she is a manic depressive, really don't know about this one.

Surveyor came at 8.50 this morning and I have another cash buyer to view in an hour, as I have my grandson here it won't be so spick and span but thought I had better take it after yesterdays conversation

Welcome back Daunted, glad everyone else is ok
Oh my word! That's a bit of a nightmare! Definately keep on with the other viewings! Good luck with todays viewing.

congrats on the offer you never know they might sell really quickly!!

we have to be in Oz for Graz starting work on 7th Jan
house has to sell as we cant afford to pay the mortgage here and the rent there - no idea what we are going to do at the moment
I'm sure somebody on here said the best way to sell a house was to tell everyone you know it is for sale. So maybe taking flyers to public places, Graz's work, telling complete strangers in the street will work?? Someone must want to buy it!

yup taking the viewing is a good idea - i wish i had done that fingers crossed you dont need it but just in case
Definately!

I know its really confusing isn't it? Some people (rich ones!!) can just up and go and rent out here .............buy out there and so on as people keep suggesting to us ,We cant afford to do it. They don't get it!!
Off for lunch xx

Zoe
Hope we will!! We could afford to go without selling if my OH had a job offer. Unfortunately our house isn't suitable for renting, (or rather we wouldn't get enough rent to cover the interest only mortgage). Like you say it would be a big worry to leave the house too.

I don't know how this is going to pan out.

Well, good luck to everyone today.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:45 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Reedy
just had a blast from the past -

"Why don't you!

Just pick up your television set and do something less boring instead!!!"

Lau x
showing your age there
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

showing your age there
LOL, I remember it too!

thought you were going to do something useful today Tiggs! I notice your OH can't keep off the thread either.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

showing your age there
Antique - that's me!!!

Lau x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, I remember it too!

thought you were going to do something useful today Tiggs! I notice your OH can't keep off the thread either.

(me too - but dont tell anyone )

i am doing something useful - i am watching the kids colouring in

Graz has not excuse - he is supposed to be working

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.