Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Nicky, our house has been up for sale since March 19th last year and we will complete June 5th. So it has taken a fair bit of time, not many viewings only 5 or 6 and the last one hit the jackpot for us. Some houses over here sell very quick others take ages (sometimes up to 2 or 3 years) for no apparent reason. Cheers, Miranda xx

FLY AWAY, THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! I HOPE YOUR PRIVATE BUYER WILL COUGH UP ENOUGH CASH TO GO THROUGH WITH IT, MY FINGERS WILL BE CROSSED FOR YOU BLISTERS, LACK OF BLOODFLOW AND ALL
Oh please don't let it take that long to sell ours

Originally Posted by tum
bL**dy stinking budgies.......I hope they trip, fall over and fall with their face flat in a pile of dog's ...at this point I will let you all use your imagination, that's one thing we have loads of don't we
:

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Don't know about you but we just want to be free of our property, i don't think the market will be going up much in the next few months, probably 1-2yr. I think it is just going to stabalise for a while.
We are thinking that we may just take a low offer and never look back....
We are going to sit it out and see if anything turns up.

Had my cards read at the weekend and i have the wheel of fortune...PLEASE!!!!!:
I am thinking the same as you and anyone who buys any of our houses are getting a bargain, we have all reacted to the situation and are prepard to negotiate on the price so we can all move on with our lives and just get shut.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
BARSTWEARDS!! At least you know to stay with the FTBs now. Decision made for you.:

Fingers crossed for the paper and that one of your viewers get back to you soon. Hope you had a good night and the wine went down smoothly.:

PMSL. Thanks M. It will be a nerve wracking week but I hope we will have some good news at the end of it. I can't take much more if we don't...

LOL, you have a great turn of phrase there.

Hope it's all going well for you - I bet you are run off your feet! You only come on at the crack of dawn, so I'm guessing you are packing all day. A different sort of stress I should imagine.
Hi Fly, The wine went down a treat thanks, its cheaper to drink wine at $2.99 a bottle than water, and as we have a water shortage, I am doing my bit for the planet

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

In a better mood today, was extremely annoyed yesterday at useless solicitors who appear to work at snail speed and buyers who are SUPPOSED to be exchanging contracts but then disappear for 2 weeks, leaving their solicitor instructions to make more enquiries but does not bother to tell her what they bloody well are:

So we are stuck until our buyer returns from wherever he has disappeared to, then he will tell the solicitor his questions, which she will finally deal with and send a letter to my solicitors, who will write to us, we will then write a reply, our solicitors will then write to buyer's solicitors, who will then have to contact the buyer again (if he has not disappeared again!)
Follow that?

Considering we were told last week that all was set for exchange today, a further delay of potentially 4 weeks or more has annoyed me just a little.
I was tempted yesterday to call his bluff and tell our EA to get on to him and say if he does not get his butt into gear, the deal is off, we dropped £27 k for this man, on the basis of a quick exchange etc, BUT as no one can even get hold of him, I don't suppose there was much point throwing out the rattle.

Actually I don't think I am in a better mood at all

Please, Please, has someone got some good news?

Sam
Hi Sam

No good news here, but you hang fire for now, hopefully it won't be too long before you do complete, he is being an A*se, but it is a sale at the end of the day, I appreceite that it must be really hard for you though.

Originally Posted by johull
Hi FA

No way is that too much to ask - houses like yours dont come along very often and somebody is going to get a bargain - the way we are looking at it with ours is that houses dont come for sale in our village very often - one every 10 years or so!!!!!! Whoever buys ours will be laughing in another few years!!! Your house is stunning - I suppose people are just trying to screw every last cent out of us poor sellers - they know that once the market sorts itself out they will be quids in. Its just so hard isnt it - I feel like we have lost £50K already - god knows what - if at all - we get an offer on ours. Sometimes I worry about what will happen if we are just so focused on getting to Oz - we throw money away and are skint and miserable when we get there. I know some people on BE think that it isnt all about money, but with a young family to support, and having had a nice lifestyle here - nothing flash, just being able to pay bills, kids hobbies, go out for a nice meal without fretting etc the odd weekend away - we would want as good a lifestyle there - if you know what I mean!!!!!! It isnt about money, I just want to have a nice little life and be content and happy. Does anyone else worry about this????

Sorry to be so depressing just before a bank holiday weekend - I just worry that we will end up dropping and dropping and dropping and not be able to afford a house over there !!! When I have my normal sensible head on, I know we will. My friends over there say that the interest rate rise has put a bit of a stop on the prices rising and tthereare lots of people they know who need to sell as they have got out of their depths - so I suppose its swings and roundabouts.

Good luck this weekend everyone

Lets just hope we get sensible viewers who actually WANT to buy houses - not timewasters who are bored and want to fill the long weekend!!!!!
We have seen loads of houses come on the market recently and they don't seem to be selling as quick, some of the ones which have gone to Auction recently have not sold either, so your friend is right. It was on the news this week that the interest rates will remain as they are until August then increase again, it is swings and roundabouts.

QUOTE=johull;6383606]Sorry for the ramble guys

Just stressing so much about these people coming for a second viewing tonight - Dave got back from working in Wales last night and doesnt get stressed like me. I have asked him to do a few jobs in the house - but he says he will do it later - just p*sses me off - there is me running around like a headless chicken wanting things to look perfect. I am at work all day today - face an hour long journey home while numb nuts is going to the gym and having a relaxation day due to being away from home for the last week. He said he will do the lawns - which will mean he will prob tread grass allover the *****ing house!!!!!!!!

He is a love usually - he just doesnt seem to get worked up like I do. Plus this viewer used to play footbal with him so is ringing him direct - not the agents, so I dont even know what time they are coming at!!!!!!!!!! I have a huge crease on my forehead - between my eyes - will be a permenant fixture with all the frowning I seem to do lately!!!!!!!:[/QUOTE]

There are a few of us, with one of those huge creases on there forehead Good Luck with the viewing

Originally Posted by steveandtina
:

You are so funny, the dog poo might make them smell better

Yes that has helped just hope the FTB doesn't mess us about!

Have you made your mind up about your offer yet?

Can't believe how rude these people are thay want anything don't they:

I would be nice to tell them to stuff their offer.Could you not put it back on the market til exchange?

Money does have a lot to do with it if your have a young family. We are all going for a better life and that few extra quid will help.

Hope you have a sale soon:
You are right and money is a huge factor when you have kids, but it doesn't cost that much more for a better life.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Feel the same too. Have worked hard to make a comfortable living over here and just want the same over there, is that too much to ask?

We have now decided that we are going to leave here on or around 24 October this year regardless of whether the house sells. We will take a payment holiday for 6 months and leave empty to sell and then take on tenants for a year or so if not sold.

Have already rung 4 removal people for quotes and now onto pet shipping (that has to be done secretly because OH doesn't want to pay for doggy woggy, I am going to secretly save for him to come)

It feels much better once you decide what to do, lets hope it works out.
Glad you have decided what to do and it does feel much better doesn't it, it will work out

[QUOTE=Off2Oz;6383906]Morning all.

Everyone sounds very fed up on here this morning.

I am going to have a positive day today. I've had such a crap week I've decided I have had enough of being down in the dumps. So I shall paste a smile on my face and it will not go for the rest of the day.

Yesterday OH came home from work and reckons he's been zapped by a mobile speedy. He reckons he was doing 60 in a 50 zone. Bloody men why, oh why.

But the good news is I'M GETTING MY HAIR CUT TOMORROW.: Sorry needed to shout that bit. It's been a long time coming. A full cut and colour and I'm very excited./QUOTE]

Happy Hair Cut, I love going to the hairdressers

Good Luck to those of you with viewings this weekend and enjoy your bank holiday

Tracy
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sam, I do feel better really. Just looked at flights though for DD1 to come out for Xmas and they go up to over £1000 aagh.

Hope the hair looks great tomorrow O2O

PMSL Beth

My DD1 had a massive car accident yesterday near the M25 roundabout in Enfield. Both cars a write off and both drivers were in intensive care, she was the passenger. She must have been the luckiest person around as she came out with just a stiff neck!
Mind you she is moaning a lot
OMG! That's terrible Nicky. Your poor daughter. Whiplash is painful - hope it eases soon. I'm sure that helped to focus your minds too. Life is too short to sit around waiting.

I hope the drivers are OK and your DD isn't too upset. It's very frightening when something like this happens. Who was driving? A friend?

£1000 for flights - argh! October is the cheapest time to fly, (which is why we were planning to go then.) if you can avoid school holidays in Oz and UK you might get a bit of a deal.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:55 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFPMSL

Beth x x
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG, the poor thing. He looks like a poodle.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

He looks seriously pissed with his furry cuffs

Hi honey - just popped up to say a quick hello... Was checking in on N and saw you here....

How's tricks?

Lau xx
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! That's terrible Nicky. Your poor daughter. Whiplash is painful - hope it eases soon. I'm sure that helped to focus your minds too. Life is too short to sit around waiting.

I hope the drivers are OK and your DD isn't too upset. It's very frightening when something like this happens. Who was driving? A friend?

£1000 for flights - argh! October is the cheapest time to fly, (which is why we were planning to go then.) if you can avoid school holidays in Oz and UK you might get a bit of a deal.

Hi N,

You coming over in Oct - to validate or for good????

Have I missed much?

Lau xx
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:08 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Still laughing at that cat......his face is a picture....LOL

Hi Lau......well I'm still in Wales and the kids have next week off for half term......
Haven't had my St Joe back......and really want to bury him
Hows life with you? I'm getting fed up with people asking me when we're going to Oz :curse:
Beth x x
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still laughing at that cat......his face is a picture....LOL

Hi Lau......well I'm still in Wales and the kids have next week off for half term......
Haven't had my St Joe back......and really want to bury him
Hows life with you? I'm getting fed up with people asking me when we're going to Oz :curse:
Beth x x
I am good honey!!!

Saw a tank with Caerphilly written on the side on the TV last night - was a shock - but a nice one.

Have to go now hon - just wanted to say hi and ask how you were.... Go have a nice cuppa for me with some Cadbury buttons... Would kill for both of those right now....

Lau x
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:18 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Reedy
I am good honey!!!

Saw a tank with Caerphilly written on the side on the TV last night - was a shock - but a nice one.

Have to go now hon - just wanted to say hi and ask how you were.... Go have a nice cuppa for me with some Cadbury buttons... Would kill for both of those right now....

Lau x
Will do hope I can get some decent tea-bags in Oz
Night hun,
Beth x x
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Will do hope I can get some decent tea-bags in Oz
Night hun,
Beth x x
They sell PG tips (UK ones) in some of the Coles - one of my friends bought me some and a teapot......

Cadbury's not the same though

Don't forget to look me up when you come...

Lau x
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:29 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

She is an advertising rep for the local paper and was taking out a newbie to show his area and let him drive. Poor bloke only started yesterday!! Think he will be OK but don't know if the company like him very much

She has to take time off work to come over for Xmas so can only do certain dates. What a nightmare. (another thing will have to secretly save for as OH thinks she should pay herself) Will have to go and sell my body at this rate, will take forever though as not so good as used to be LOL
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi N,

You coming over in Oct - to validate or for good????

Have I missed much?

Lau xx
Hi Lau,

No, we haven't booked for definate. If we validate it would be next Feb. Have lots of interest in the house right now and hope to accept an offer soon. However they are all crap offers and OH might be able to get a megabucks contract for 6 months here, so it would be worth our while selling, going into rental, taking the contract and saving like crazy. Then validating or coming over in Feb. Not what we wanted to do, but you have to be sensible. Hopefully the exchange rate would be better then too.

How's your sis? Good I hope.

I am good honey!!!

Lau x
Glad it's all good - apart from the buttons. I might be able to break my chocolate habit in Oz then .... don't like tea... that's OK.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She is an advertising rep for the local paper and was taking out a newbie to show his area and let him drive. Poor bloke only started yesterday!! Think he will be OK but don't know if the company like him very much

Oh dear. I know he's a collegue, but at least it wasn't a close friend. Was it his fault that the accident happened?

She has to take time off work to come over for Xmas so can only do certain dates. What a nightmare. (another thing will have to secretly save for as OH thinks she should pay herself) Will have to go and sell my body at this rate, will take forever though as not so good as used to be LOL
That's a pain. I suppose, that's why the flights are dear - people can only get certain times off and they know it.

You'll have to get yourself out on those streets to pay for the dog and the flights. Can you tell OH that she'll pay you back for the flights???
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:42 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you find my picture?
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:50 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sam, I do feel better really. Just looked at flights though for DD1 to come out for Xmas and they go up to over £1000 aagh.

Hope the hair looks great tomorrow O2O

PMSL Beth

My DD1 had a massive car accident yesterday near the M25 roundabout in Enfield. Both cars a write off and both drivers were in intensive care, she was the passenger. She must have been the luckiest person around as she came out with just a stiff neck!
Mind you she is moaning a lot
OMG your poor daughter. Must have been a huge shock for her. Hope her neck is better very soon.

Sorry I can't help Sam - I wish I could get hold of him and force him to sign for you. Try and focus on the idea that it will happen and this just gives you extra time to clear the house. (Not much help I know)xxx

We haven't decided as we don't have all the info. need the private buyer to commit, he can't commit until he has his figures OKd. Should know next week. We are going to delay the the other people as much as possible - ask lots of questions etc. TBH we need to know about their chain etc before we commit anyway. They could be telling porkies. Then we will try to push their offer up - it is their first offer so there could be room.

To complicate matters further another private buyer has come back out of the wood work! This one wants to part ex their house for ours. Trying to keep that deal going too as a backup.

All this is stuff I have been working on for the last month - since we had the low offer from the developer, which is why I needed lots of luck, (still do). None of them know about each other yet....................

FANTASTIC Nicky. So glad that you have made the decision. Now you can work on those plans and sod the house. That will come accross to the EA and the people who view - if you aren't desperate, they will hopefully make decent offers. (This is why we told our EA that we had the extra 18 months so they would tell the viewers that we didn't have to sell this year)

Fingers crossed your OH wasn't zapped. What a pain. Typical men.

Stay positive Janine and enjoy your pampering - I hope it doesn't turn out like Beth seems to think it will.

PMSL - poor Janine, that would be the icing on the cake!!!
It certainly seems like things are moving for you FA. I really hope one of your offers comes good for you.

Yep, I am having a positive day. A Positive Mental Attitude is what I have right now. I think I may even do some cosmic ordering.

If my hair turns out a disaster I'm going hunt Beth down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.