Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 16th 2008, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by michell
it does sound promising , but i had to tell hubby to calm down when the EA was telling us about her, he got all excited, i am just going to sit and wait now until they take over and wait and see, hubby still keeps on saying, "wouldnt it be great if she says yes to buying" i keep telling him to not get his hopes up as then we wont be to dissapointed if she doesnt!

as for what do you have to lose getting a st joe, a few quid but whats a few quid when your house is costing you money hundred/thousands everyday whilst its un sold

go for it

michell

LOL, I'm the same as your OH - I try not to hope, but I can't help it.

I 'won' a St Joe from a different seller a few weeks ago. It never turned up and I had to get my money back. So I was a bit cautious about it. However, I've just bid on one - so we'll see how it goes. BTW - you have to click on 'view sellers other items' to see wht else they have for sale. I clicked on Tinas link - which I assume was your St Joe and did that - so we aren't bidding on the same one.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:06 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away

I 'won' a St Joe from a different seller a few weeks ago. It never turned up and I had to get my money back. So I was a bit cautious about it. However, I've just bid on one - so we'll see how it goes. BTW - you have to click on 'view sellers other items' to see wht else they have for sale. I clicked on Tinas link - which I assume was your St Joe and did that - so we aren't bidding on the same one.

Get my hopes up every time
Old May 16th 2008, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Get my hopes up every time
It's tough not to. The worst is when they say they love the house, will get back to you etc etc and then nothing... barstewards!
Old May 16th 2008, 10:13 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

It's tough not to. The worst is when they say they love the house, will get back to you etc etc and then nothing... barstewards!
I'm sure the EA's just say that to keep you thinking they are doing their job. We have had that soooo Many times, one woman had 3 views then 2 weeks later heard nothing. It's a buyers market and they are really shopping around. It's shite.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:18 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

im not bidding, sorry this is the link we did for ours

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2BSI%26otn%3D4

we did put a few bids on the link tina sent but kept getting out bid so hubby said we will go for a buyitnow one

michell
Old May 16th 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by betsyboob
I'm sure the EA's just say that to keep you thinking they are doing their job. We have had that soooo Many times, one woman had 3 views then 2 weeks later heard nothing. It's a buyers market and they are really shopping around. It's shite.
It's not the EAs, it's the viewers.. we had one viewed the house 3 times, loved it, will get back to the EA with an offer or a no, he said to me... never heard from again...

Although I'm sure the EAs lie too.

Originally Posted by michell
im not bidding, sorry this is the link we did for ours

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2BSI%26otn%3D4

we did put a few bids on the link tina sent but kept getting out bid so hubby said we will go for a buyitnow one

michell

Well, at least we aren't bidding against each other!
Old May 17th 2008, 5:46 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just thought you would like to know.........

I GOT A OFFER ON MY HOUSE!!!!

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:12 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nicky,

Glad you had a nice - if poncy meal!

Your viewers were a bit of a waste of time then. How much do you hate those people who tell you that their house will sell quickly because it is in the right area / price bracket / is so wonderful. Fingers crossed they are right though and want to buy yours!

£140k is horrific. We have reduced ours by £165K from first valuation back in March 2007. And still people want to knock us down another £100K. The Homebuyers do seem a good deal in the light of that. I rang them myself to see what they could offer us. Just hope it is as good a deal as yours.
Morning - £165k I thought ours was bad. I am going to ring Homebuyers on Monday and have a chat with them as we probably will go with it if the offer is correct. We have a slight problem with the Land Registry which is putting wrong valuations on our house. It is saying that we bought it for £70k less than we did (a typing error) and I didn't notice it. I have just written to them to get it changed and sent proof etc. but they made me feel like I was lying about how much we bought it for.

Will let you know how the conversation goes on Monday.

Nic - pm me your email address and I will send a copy of the letter to you to have a look at.
Old May 17th 2008, 8:48 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed my pizza last night!!!
As for the school.......well....it is the same school that was in the newspapers a few weeks ago for making the kids write their own funeral arrangements out and the suicides in Bridgend were still happening at the time
By the way......I am originally from Bridgend.....lived there all my life until I moved up to the Rhondda 8 years ago!!!!
So the school isn't too good in my eyes at the mo!!!!
Still bidding on my St. Joe......ending in a few hours time Been 10 bids on it already......bet they're all British bidders trying to sell their houses
Beth x x
Old May 17th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Wahey! I have graduated from the WPHS thread!!
Sale completed yesterday, no last minute price drops. There is hope for you all!
Will keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you get there soon
Old May 17th 2008, 9:30 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Wahey! I have graduated from the WPHS thread!!
Sale completed yesterday, no last minute price drops. There is hope for you all!
Will keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you get there soon
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
Well done babe
Beth x x
Old May 17th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Congrats!!!!!!!!! So there is hope after all
Old May 17th 2008, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning - £165k: I thought ours was bad. I am going to ring Homebuyers on Monday and have a chat with them as we probably will go with it if the offer is correct. We have a slight problem with the Land Registry which is putting wrong valuations on our house. It is saying that we bought it for £70k less than we did (a typing error) and I didn't notice it. I have just written to them to get it changed and sent proof etc. but they made me feel like I was lying about how much we bought it for.

Will let you know how the conversation goes on Monday.

Nic - pm me your email address and I will send a copy of the letter to you to have a look at.
I'll PM you Nicky with the email. Good luck with the land registry - It's not something you check is it? Can you can fax Homebuyers a copy of your sale agreeement or something with the price you paid while you wait for the Land Registry to update everything?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Really enjoyed my pizza last night!!! :As for the school.......well....it is the same school that was in the newspapers a few weeks ago for making the kids write their own funeral arrangements out and the suicides in Bridgend were still happening at the time
By the way......I am originally from Bridgend.....lived there all my life until I moved up to the Rhondda 8 years ago!!!!
So the school isn't too good in my eyes at the mo!!!!
Still bidding on my St. Joe......ending in a few hours time Been 10 bids on it already......bet they're all British bidders trying to sell their houses :
Beth x x
Glad you enjoyed your pizza - mine was good and I had 2 large glasses of wine with it.

The St Joe I'm bidding on has no other bids - so I'm not competing with any of you! Good luck with yours.

Sounds like a nightmare school. Another reason you want to move eh? It's horrible feeling to be trapped by your house isn't it?

Originally Posted by dinky2
Wahey! I have graduated from the WPHS thread!!::
Will keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you get there soon)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you - you've been on here so long and deserve to move on now.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:48 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all , have a viewer tuesday , they havn't sold .... wanted to come tomorrow , stuff that they can come when i say if thats their position .

how is every one ,,,, should i be be investing in St Jo's ? is there a price war ?
Old May 17th 2008, 10:56 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning all , have a viewer tuesday , they havn't sold .... wanted to come tomorrow , stuff that they can come when i say if thats their position .

how is every one ,,,, should i be be investing in St Jo's ? is there a price war ?
Well done on getting a viewing
Me next please
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.